Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coples vs DeCastro.....and Eric Winston

Jets Insider VIP
    We need to commit to the 4-3 for couples to really flourish. If we try to force him to play on a 3 man line, we are going to waste his talents.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We need to commit to the 4-3 for couples to really flourish. If we try to force him to play on a 3 man line, we are going to waste his talents.
    Do you think Freddie Couples can make the switch from the Champions Tour to the NFL...Joe??

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Here is how I look at this situation. Offense win championships these days, not the defense. Look at the teams with the best records in 2011 they for the most part had great offenses and questionable defenses. (49ers were the exception that played in a weak division)

Now IF you were one piece(olineman) away from having that kind of offense that could compete with those team on offense.(match them point for point). That not the case as the Jets don't have anywhere close to those teams on offense. (Right now the Jet Qb is no where close to the top Qbs in the league.)
    So how do they compete with those teams. They have to take a Top five defense and try and make it a dominating unit . So it quite understandable why the Jets went in the direction they went in.

That's the only chance they have to compete.

I don't buy this logic. First off the Ravens and 49ers without bad luck are in the SB last season, the Patriots only won 1 game vs a team over .500 last season. The Packers went 1 and done.

The Giants defense played like a elite unit in the playoffs, both times they won the SB their defense stepped up big time.

The season before, the Steelers and Packers had the 2 best defenses in football. When the Saints won they had weak defenses, but the Saints were good at creating turnovers at least, their defense made plays.

If Coples turns out to be a stud pass rusher, he will be more valuable than a OG.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Do you think Freddie Couples can make the switch from the Champions Tour to the NFL...Joe??

Stealing my material?

And it was a different poster.

P.S. And I thought you had me on ignore? What a farce.
    Last edited by Jordy; 07-06-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Defense, offense etc. whatever. We all know what you need to win the super bowl.

Aron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Peyton Manning
    Eli manning
    Big Ben
    Tom Brady

Winning the Super bowl comes down to your qb. Get an elite qb and you can win the super bowl.

Defense, offense etc. whatever. We all know what you need to win the super bowl.

Aron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Peyton Manning
    Eli manning
    Big Ben
    Tom Brady

Winning the Super bowl comes down to your qb. Get an elite qb and you can win the super bowl.
    It is until the 49ers win the Super Bowl next year based on random variance and everyone gushes about how you need a great pass rush and the QB is not at all relevant. Narratives about the winners and casual fans with no understanding of basic statistics will always be relevant. Fans everywhere will say you no longer need a good QB to win a title, it's all about the pass rush, stupid.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-06-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Aron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Peyton Manning
    Eli manning
    Big Ben
    Tom Brady

You don't need a top five Qb to win a championship, but you better have a Qb that can be top ten in the league. (to realistically have a shot)

IF your Qb has no chance of being a top ten qb than your just wasting your time.

It like you show up at a gun fight with a knife what chance do you think you have of winning that fight.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-06-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    It is until the 49ers win the Super Bowl next year based on random variance and everyone gushes about how you need a great pass rush and the QB is not at all relevant. Narratives about the winners and casual fans with no understanding of basic statistics will always be relevant. Fans everywhere will say you no longer need a good QB to win a title, it's all about the pass rush, stupid.
    More guessing and scenarios that will never happen. Why do you think Harabarauh put on the full court press to get manning? Cause he will never win the big one with alex smith. Making the conference championship game means nothing. We did that with mark sanchez. twice. Winning those last 2 games is where the difference is made. In todays nfl, you need an elite qb to win those last 2 games.

But keep making up scenarios that will never happen if it makes you feel better.

Tom Brady wasn't a elite QB when he won his SBs, Eli Manning wasn't a elite QB his first SB, Ben wasn't a elite QB for his SBs.

Teams win SBs, if it was as simple as saying let the 2 best QBs play each other for the SB than someone like Manning wouldn't have only 1 ring his entire career. Rodgers or Brady would have won the SB last season.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I don't buy this logic. First off the Ravens and 49ers without bad luck are in the SB last season, the Patriots only won 1 game vs a team over .500 last season. The Packers went 1 and done.

The Giants defense played like a elite unit in the playoffs, both times they won the SB their defense stepped up big time.

The season before, the Steelers and Packers had the 2 best defenses in football. When the Saints won they had weak defenses, but the Saints were good at creating turnovers at least, their defense made plays.
    WEs Welker catches that pass and the patriots not the Giants are the champs(Tom Brady MVP) Didn't happen. Everyone can play the IF game.
    JMo You don't want to buy it because it doesn't play into what kind of team the Jets are.(rely on defense and I understand why you feel that way)

You look at the the Teams you mention who won having a good defense that year. You forget to look at the fact that there offense weren't chopped liver either.
    Last year the best teams (record wise) were the team with the best and consistent offenses. (who couldn't play defense) True or false)
    Like the Ncaa tournament(one game elimination) the best team doesn't always win a championship. The teams who get hot at the right time eventually win it. Anything can happen in one game.

IF defense determines who wins in this league. Tell me why the Jets have had the best defense in the Afc East for years, and have no divisional titles to their credit.

BTw Were going to see which is more important. Raiders offense is going to be one of the beat. Jets defense defense is going to be one of the best. Lets see which team goes farther in 2012. Obviously that plays a big part in why we feel the way we do about this subject).
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-06-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    WEs Welker catches that pass and the patriots not the Giants are the champs(Tom Brady MVP) Didn't happen. Everyone can play the IF game.
    JMo You don't want to buy it because it doesn't play into what kind of team the Jets are.(rely on defense and I understand why you feel that way)

You look at the the Teams you mention who won having a good defense that year. You forget to look at the fact that there offense weren't chopped liver either.
    Last year the best teams (record wise) were the team with the best and consistent offenses. (who couldn't play defense) True or false)
    Like the Ncaa tournament(one game elimination) the best team doesn't always win a championship. The teams who get hot at the right time eventually win it. Anything can happen in one game.

IF defense determines who wins in this league. Tell me why the Jets have had the best defense in the Afc East for years, and have no divisional titles to their credit.

BTw Were going to see which is more important. Raiders offense is going to be one of the beat. Jets defense defense is going to be one of the best. Lets see which team goes farther in 2012. Obviously that plays a big part in why we feel the way we do about this subject).
    That isn't the point, the Jets may have lost the division title but they did beat the Patriots in the playoffs.

Teams win championships, if it was that easy to just say the best offense wins then we would have had different results. Regular season records mean little if you don't win the SB, the Giants were 9-7 last season.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    That isn't the point, the Jets may have lost the division title but they did beat the Patriots in the playoffs.

Teams win championships, if it was that easy to just say the best offense wins then we would have had different results. Regular season records mean little if you don't win the SB, the Giants were 9-7 last season.
    Only one team wins a championship. So we should ignore what the top teams did to make the playoffs.( Mostly top offenses)
    Let me try another way. Lets take the Yankees. Over 162 games every year they made the playoffs but do they always win a championship. Of course not as anything can happen in the playoffs( in football it not even a short series but ONE GAME).

The Giants weren't that great a defense or a team that ran the ball very well. They won games last year because they had a very good passing offense.

We saw last year a lot of top offensive teams make the playoffs despite having a porous defense. Now how many porous offenses made it despite having a good defense. Don't see anywhere close to same amount that way.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-06-2012 at 12:44 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    1. That is not even close to being true
    3. Shocking

C'mon guys.
    If I believed you had any ability to assess talent, I might be offended by this post. "Not even close to being true" ?? Let me guess, you had Tannehill rated as a better defensive talent

Fcking kidding me.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    If I believed you had any ability to assess talent, I might be offended by this post. "Not even close to being true" ?? Let me guess, you had Tannehill rated as a better defensive talent

Fcking kidding me.
    WTF? Either your grossly misinformed or my sarcasm meter is broken.

Better defensive talents in 2012 draft: Morris Claiborne, Mark Barron, Stephen Gilmore, Michael Brockers, Luke Kuechly.

Claiborne and Barron aren't even debatable.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-06-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Seriously Paradis

Trying to make sense out of post from a troll who is anything but a Jet fan is an impossible task

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Seriously Paradis

Trying to make sense out of post from a troll who is anything but a Jet fan is an impossible task

Trying to be offended by what a sissy/tattletale/cry baby to the mods says is an equally impossible task.

Jets Insider VIP
    More insults I assume from an ignored troll.....his chowd chums will.love it Im sure

Hall Of Fame
    Like you didn't read it and report it.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    WTF? Either your grossly misinformed or my sarcasm meter is broken.

Better defensive talents in 2012 draft: Morris Claiborne, Mark Barron, Stephen Gilmore, Michael Brockers, Luke Kuechly.

Claiborne and Barron aren't even debatable.
    Claiborne and Barron were better (safer) prospects but in terms of sheer talent alone Coples absolutely is right there. People forget he was a top 3 prospect last year