Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: US 2011 "SPENDING"

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about the people taking care of themselves. Now that would be unique.
    Instead we have slugs who prey off the tax paying people.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    And this is why despite all the rhetoric and sound bytes and speeches, many of the born again (until they get back in power) fiscal conservatives are full of ****.


    Do you even know who's constituents the military contractors are?

    Carpet baggers are not fiscal conservatives. Better get your BS narrative straight.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    How about the people taking care of themselves. Now that would be unique.
    Instead we have slugs who prey off the tax paying people.



  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    The Military may very well be smaller, however, the maintenance of the Aircraft and Warships alone are huge. The pay for the Troops is higher. The criminal element is that we over pay for F-35's and such to the largest DOD contractors

    F-35 to cost $1.45 trillion over next 50 years



    http://www.dodbuzz.com/2012/03/30/f-...next-50-years/
    We should pay our troops less?
    We shouldn't maintain our equipment? Russia tried that and their subs sink.
    The F-35? Something has to replace F-15 and F-18. And we should ask who to build our equipment OTHER than large contractors? Perhaps SMALL contractors or start ups? I believe Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman and General Dynamics have a handle on design.

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post



    You omitted General Motors, Chrysler and Solyndra.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    We should pay our troops less?
    We shouldn't maintain our equipment? Russia tried that and their subs sink.
    The F-35? Something has to replace F-15 and F-18. And we should ask who to build our equipment OTHER than large contractors? Perhaps SMALL contractors or start ups? I believe Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman and General Dynamics have a handle on design.
    Why would we pay or troops less? I never stated that.
    We must maintain our equipment. The problem is that the initial costs rises over the contracted prices. The Raytheons/Boeings and such gouge the taxpayers and the pols do not stop them

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Why would we pay or troops less? I never stated that.
    We must maintain our equipment. The problem is that the initial costs rises over the contracted prices. The Raytheons/Boeings and such gouge the taxpayers and the pols do not stop them

    I own Boeing stock. The company makes about $4 bill a year. WOW. 25% of JPM. Most of it is commercial.
    Raytheon is a stock I owned once. A dog. Less than $2Bill/yr.

    At least the gov gets SOMETHING for the expense unlike Solyndra or GM. Or Chrysler.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provide for the Common Defense. That includes the USA, ot Europe, Africa, Japan andthe rest of the damned world. If they want us to defend their freedom buck up or screw yourself. No more welfare for Europe, Africa, Egypt, Saudi Arabia you know the 9/11 country. Pay for your own defense!
    Over and out a holes!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us