Thread: Sonnen vs Silva II - July 7

Sonnen vs Silva II - July 7

I watched the first fight when Sonnen beat Silva to a pulp, but somehow lost. Great fight.

I'm hoping tomorrow's rematch lives up to the hype, and Sonnen smacks Silva around again....but this time, taking the title.

the rest of the card looks mediocre at best.

Why the hate for Silva? The dude has done nothing but dominate everyone he's ever faced...

He had a bad fight and eeked it out. It's actually amazing that it was his first time fighting poorly in as long as I can remember...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Why the hate for Silva? The dude has done nothing but dominate everyone he's ever faced...

He had a bad fight and eeked it out. It's actually amazing that it was his first time fighting poorly in as long as I can remember...
    I'm tired of Silva, and Sonnen is the mouthy bastard that the UFC has needed for awhile. The UFC has been so stagnant lately.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    I'm tired of Silva, and Sonnen is the mouthy bastard that the UFC has needed for awhile. The UFC has been so stagnant lately.
    I couldn't agree with this statement more. Ever since the Jones/Evans fight, there has not been much to look forward to in the UFC. Luckily after 2/3 mediocre cards, we have the most anticipated rematch in the history of the company. I'm not a Silva hater but I enjoy Sonnen's schtick and I think he's hilarious on top of the fact that he is the 2nd best middleweight in the company. I cannot wait for this fight and I want to see the title change hands tonight..I'm tired of the same old s*** in the middleweight division.

The guy is unbelievable. 16 straight wins 14 of those being KO or submission.

All Pro
    All the fights had the appearance of being fixed, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    All the fights had the appearance of being fixed, to me.
    lol...

Jets Insider VIP
    I still say that St. Pierre is the only guy that would provide a legitimate threat to Silva.

Too bad that neither guy will make the weight cut/increase to make it happen.

Silva is unmatched on his feet but has no ground game whatsoever. St. Pierre is the best in the business on the ground and his striking is nothing to be laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I still say that St. Pierre is the only guy that would provide a legitimate threat to Silva.

Too bad that neither guy will make the weight cut/increase to make it happen.

Silva is unmatched on his feet but has no ground game whatsoever. St. Pierre is the best in the business on the ground and his striking is nothing to be laughed at.
    Silva is a legitamit jiu jitsu black belt from the Nogeira brothers. St. Pierre is a beast on the ground too, but Silva is no slouch on the ground, I guarantee that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Silva is a legitamit jiu jitsu black belt from the Nogeira brothers. St. Pierre is a beast on the ground too, but Silva is no slouch on the ground, I guarantee that.
    All I know is that Chael Sonnen took Silva to the ground at will in both fights and completely dominated him on his back.

Sonnen is a world class wrestler, but St. Pierre's ground game is totally unmatched. Best in the business, hands down.

If the fight stayed on the feet, then Silva would clearly be the favorite. Joe Rogan said it best, Silva is like a Jedi knight when it comes to his striking. No one can f*ck with him in the standup game. But if St. Pierre got him on the ground, he would destroy him.