Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 111

Thread: Has Philip Rivers peaked?

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,734
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The 2010 Chargers are one of my favorite teams of all time. They had the #1 overall offense, the #1 passing defense, and the #10 overall defense... and missed the playoffs. How does that ever happen? They coupled all of that with one of the most historically bad special teams units of all time. And on top of all that they had Norv Turner running the show. Just a huge comedy of errors.
    Actually they were 1st in overall defense and 10th in scoring defense...

    But yes, it's mind boggling they didn't make the playoffs.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,894
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    And on top of all that they had Norv Turner running the show.
    their biggest problem.

  3. #23
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,869
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dan Fouts or Philip Rivers? In terms of talent?

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    They had the #1 overall offense, the #1 passing defense, and the #10 overall defense... and missed the playoffs. How does that ever happen?
    Norv is a horrible head coach. Great OC, terrible head coach. Only a guy like Norv could pull that off.

  5. #25
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I believe he has peaked...in San Diego.

    IMO he's the epitomy of a guy who could very well flourish with a change of scenery.

    Must be the air in San Diego.
    he did the same thing at NC State. Under performed in big games. Not sure I agree with you here MR. jordy.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Rivers has nothing at receiver. Gates is washed up. Jackson cant beat anybody and just goes up for jump balls down the field. They have never had a #2 receiver.

    Its tough when you do not have speed at the receiving positions and nobody can get open.
    Vincent Jackson is no longer a Charger, he's now a Buc. In regards to Antonio Gates, all reports I've read is that he's healthy coming into 2012 for the first time in a couple seasons. That chronic foot injury? Doesn't seem to bother/concern Gates heading into 2012. Who said it was a "career injury" to begin with? Did it take time to heal? Without question. If healthy, he's a bast of a TE. I think Rivers and Gates have a very strong season this year.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Most overrated QB in the NFL.
    Completely agree. His shot-put style of throwing is also starting to catch up to him physically, IMHO.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Vincent Jackson is no longer a Charger, he's now a Buc. In regards to Antonio Gates, all reports I've read is that he's healthy coming into 2012 for the first time in a couple seasons. That chronic foot injury? Doesn't seem to bother/concern Gates heading into 2012. Who said it was a "career injury" to begin with? Did it take time to heal? Without question. If healthy, he's a bast of a TE. I think Rivers and Gates have a very strong season this year.
    If healthy? You've already "guaranteed" Gates has more production than Gronk this season. So I'm going to put this aside, follow it casually during the season, and hold you to the fire if you're on the wrong end of this prediction. I predict your bowl will already be stuffed with crow with your many other outlandish predictions... but don't worry, I'll wait my turn.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-06-2012 at 07:40 PM.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    If healthy? You've already "guaranteed" Gates has more production than Gronk this season. So I'm going to put this aside, follow it casually during the season, and hold you to the fire if you're on the wrong end of this prediction. I predict your bowl will already be stuffed with crow with your many other outlandish predictions... but don't worry, I'll wait my turn.
    Funny, especially considering the fact that you've yet to select your Offensive and Defensive ROY's, 2012's Comeback Player of the Year, Sleeper and Let down teams, top 5 D's, All-Pro's, playoffs, top 5 O's etc, etc but yet, you'll be the first one to "hold someone to the fire if they're on the wrong end of their prediction". What a coward move that is. What a coward you are for even having that type of mentality. Maybe you take being a fan too serious if that's your train of thought? It's all in fun and good nature when in regards to myself. Be a man and use your own football thoughts instead of harping all over another man's thoughts. In other words, stop being a coward, put your selections out there for JI to criticize and then you can consider yourself not being a coward. Because right now? You're being an offseason coward my friend. Your post above only goes to show what type of person you are.

    Lets not act like going with Gates over Gronkowski is like selecting Mark Sanchez over Tom Brady. Gates is a future HOF pass catching TE and is heading into the season 100% healthy. That's who I'm going with, over a 3rd year TE who had a breakout season with one of the greatest QB's of all-time reading the defenses. Since you've mentioned Antonio Gates "old age", how old is Tom Brady? Had Brady ever been hurt before?
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-06-2012 at 08:19 PM.

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Norv is a horrible head coach. Great OC, terrible head coach. Only a guy like Norv could pull that off.
    Yea he is an embarrassing idiot, we think we have it bad, we always stick it to SD in a big spot, talk about "same old"

  11. #31
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    rivers has no one any good to throw to.

    Gates is on the wrong side of 30 with a bad foot and too many miles or his body.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    rivers has no one any good to throw to.

    Gates is on the wrong side of 30 with a bad foot and too many miles or his body.
    Rivers on the Jets in '09 and '10...2 Lombardi's

  13. #33
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Rivers on the Jets in '09 and '10...2 Lombardi's
    + a gazzilion.

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Funny, especially considering the fact that you've yet to select your Offensive and Defensive ROY's, 2012's Comeback Player of the Year, Sleeper and Let down teams, top 5 D's, All-Pro's, playoffs, top 5 O's etc, etc but yet, you'll be the first one to "hold someone to the fire if they're on the wrong end of their prediction". What a coward move that is. What a coward you are for even having that type of mentality. Maybe you take being a fan too serious if that's your train of thought? It's all in fun and good nature when in regards to myself. Be a man and use your own football thoughts instead of harping all over another man's thoughts. In other words, stop being a coward, put your selections out there for JI to criticize and then you can consider yourself not being a coward. Because right now? You're being an offseason coward my friend. Your post above only goes to show what type of person you are.

    Lets not act like going with Gates over Gronkowski is like selecting Mark Sanchez over Tom Brady. Gates is a future HOF pass catching TE and is heading into the season 100% healthy. That's who I'm going with, over a 3rd year TE who had a breakout season with one of the greatest QB's of all-time reading the defenses. Since you've mentioned Antonio Gates "old age", how old is Tom Brady? Had Brady ever been hurt before?

    You made the prediction. Gates will outperform Gronk, that's the prediction. Do you want my 2012 All-Pro TE prediction? OK, sure, Jimmy Graham. Happy? I think a fair deal is that if to criticize a pick, you have to make a pick. I haven't criticized any of your other predictions, so we're good for now.

    Hell, maybe I'll fill out my own ballot and we can compare somehow at the end of the year? Friendly competition?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-06-2012 at 08:52 PM.

  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You made the prediction. Gates will outperform Gronk, that's the prediction. Do you want my 2012 All-Pro TE prediction? OK, sure, Jimmy Graham. Happy? I think a fair deal is that if to criticize a pick, you have to make a pick. I haven't criticized any of your other predictions, so we're good for now.

    Hell, maybe I'll fill out my own ballot and we can compare somehow at the end of the year? Friendly competition?
    I have Jimmy Graham as an All-Pro TE as well.

    I have Gates. You have Gronkowski.

    One All-Pro on the Pats who I forgot to mention was Vince Wilfork. I like him over Dockett.

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I have Jimmy Graham as an All-Pro TE as well.

    I have Gates. You have Gronkowski.

    One All-Pro on the Pats who I forgot to mention was Vince Wilfork. I like him over Dockett.
    But without Tom Brady, Wilfork would suck suck suck.

  17. #37
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,869
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    But without Tom Brady, Wilfork would suck suck suck.
    Where does this come from? Just trying to stir the pot?

    One of your dumbest posts, and that's saying something.

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Where does this come from? Just trying to stir the pot?

    One of your dumbest posts, and that's saying something.
    Just a little thread cross pollination. try to keep up will ya?

    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    "Take away". Yeah, blame the Jets front office for selecting a Franchise LT, All-Pro Center, All-Pro MLB along with the greatest Defensive Player in Football. All in which are still on the team.

    Take away Tom Brady and the Patriots suck-suck-suck.

    What's your point?

  19. #39
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I have Jimmy Graham as an All-Pro TE as well.

    I have Gates. You have Gronkowski.

    One All-Pro on the Pats who I forgot to mention was Vince Wilfork. I like him over Dockett.
    We're talking production, not accolades, you realize that, right?

  20. #40
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,869
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Just a little thread cross pollination. try to keep up will ya?
    It's still stupid.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us