Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 111

Thread: Has Philip Rivers peaked?

  1. #41
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Just a little thread cross pollination. try to keep up will ya?
    Clever little RedPat...

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    We're talking production, not accolades, you realize that, right?
    EXACTLY!

    Which is why I'm taking the proven TE over a 3rd year player coming off a career year.

    Who would you take, Cam Newton or Peyton Manning for 2012's NFL season?

  3. #43
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    EXACTLY!

    Which is why I'm taking the proven TE over a 3rd year player coming off a career year.

    Who would you take, Cam Newton or Peyton Manning for 2012's NFL season?
    You can take him all day long. You will be wrong, and I will laugh. Anyway, in terms of QB production, define the parameters. Yardage? QB rating? What? Prob should do that for Gates vs. Gronk as well.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    EXACTLY!

    Which is why I'm taking the proven TE over a 3rd year player coming off a career year.

    Who would you take, Cam Newton or Peyton Manning for 2012's NFL season?
    I don't agree with you there DWC. You want to take TE Jimmy Graham over Rob Gronkowski . I don't see how anyone would question that pick. To say A gates( he no where near the same player he once was) over Rob Gronkowski is kind of going to extremes JMO. Gronkowski numbers should be down some in 2012 because of addition of Brandon Lloyd. (going to steal some of his receptions)

    Now the Cam Newton and Peyton manning who will put up better numbers in 2012 is more interesting. I would say Cam Newton. We saw him play with those players and Peyton coming to an offense he not use to.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-07-2012 at 10:13 AM.

  5. #45
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I don't agree with you there DWC. You want to take TE Jimmy Graham over Rob Gronkowski . I don't see how anyone would question that pick. To say A gates( he no where near the same player he once was) over Rob Gronkowski is kind of going to extremes JMO. Gronkowski numbers should be down some in 2012 because of addition of Brandon Lloyd. (going to steal some of his receptions)

    Now the Cam Newton and Peyton manning who will put up better numbers in 2012 is more interesting. I would say Cam Newton. We saw him play with those players and Peyton coming to an offense he not use to.
    I wouldn't take Gates over Gronk. Gronk is the player now at the TE position that all other TEs are compared to. Him and Vernon Davis, IMO.

    I'd still take a HEALTHY (key word for me) Manning over Newton.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I wouldn't take Gates over Gronk. Gronk is the player now at the TE position that all other TEs are compared to. Him and Vernon Davis, IMO.

    I'd still take a HEALTHY (key word for me) Manning over Newton.
    Jimmy Graham had the record for Te for 20 minutes till Gronkowski beat him out.(last game) Jimmy Graham I think has to be in the conversation with the best Te in the game. He has just as good a Qb as Gronkowski throwing him the football.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?...e=&playerFour=
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.

  7. #47
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Jimmy Graham had the record for Te for 20 minutes till Gronkowski beat him out.(last game) Jimmy Graham I think has to be in the conversation with the best Te in the game. He has just as good a Qb as Gronkowski throwing him the football.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?...e=&playerFour=
    Oh, I didn't mean to discount Graham completely, I just think VD should be in the conversation as well.

    Put VD on the Saints or the Pats, and that's it.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take Gronk of Gates all week. My only concern about Gronk is his style of play coupled with that neck of his.

    Rivers is beyond overrated and his arm will become even more raggish this season. Trust me. Pennington-esque, even.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Oh, I didn't mean to discount Graham completely, I just think VD should be in the conversation as well.

    Put VD on the Saints or the Pats, and that's it.
    Very true but he not playing with a Qb or an offense that is as good as those teams. Eventually why you can't consider his numbers to be in those two Te class.(despite maybe him being as talented as those two)

  10. #50
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I'd take Gronk of Gates all week. My only concern about Gronk is his style of play coupled with that neck of his.

    Rivers is beyond overrated and his arm will become even more raggish this season. Trust me. Pennington-esque, even.
    No reason to insult the man!

  11. #51
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Very true but he not playing with a Qb or an offense that is as good as those teams. Eventually why you can't consider his numbers to be in those two Te class.(despite maybe him being as talented as those two)
    I think I should differentiate talent from production.

    I think VD is as talented as not more than any TE in the league.

    I think Gronk and Graham will probably be the most productive (yes, over Gates).

    Here's a name that will fetch a lot of receptions this season, on a losing team:

    Coby Fleener.

    Just on the factor that he's Luck's favorite.

  12. #52
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Jimmy Graham had the record for Te for 20 minutes till Gronkowski beat him out.(last game) Jimmy Graham I think has to be in the conversation with the best Te in the game. He has just as good a Qb as Gronkowski throwing him the football.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?...e=&playerFour=
    He absolutely is, but Gronk grading out as one of the best blocking TEs in the league as well puts him well over the top. Gronk is the most complete TE the NFL has ever seen.

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gronk is one ugly MF'er.

  14. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure... he's peaked. However, he still grows as a conceited a$$hole with every breath. I wish him and Cutler would get stuck on an island together. And that's it.... just stuck, from now on.

  15. #55
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure... he's peaked. However, he still grows as a conceited a$$hole with every breath. I wish him and Cutler would get stuck on an island together. And that's it.... just stuck, from now on.

  16. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You can take him all day long. You will be wrong, and I will laugh.
    Anyone who would take Gates over Gronk is either:

    1) Blind
    2) Dumb
    3) or both

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Show me someone who parties after a loss, and I will show you a loser.

  18. #58
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Show me someone who parties after a loss, and I will show you a loser.
    Like Sanchez with Braylon after the Pittsburgh playoff loss?

  19. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Like Sanchez with Braylon after the Pittsburgh playoff loss?

  20. #60
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm waiting for twittle dum (PatsFanTx) to come to the defense of twittle dummer (FF2)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us