Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Has Philip Rivers peaked?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Who's his agent?
    same as Welker, David Dunn.

jermichael finleys agent prepard a 50 page report with the same argument in anticipation of being tagged. The Packers didnt tag him and gave him 2 years at 15 mil.

WR tag is 9.5
    TE tags 5.4

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who's his agent?
    His agent is Blake Baratz.

Same agent as Packers TE Jermichael Finley who he had classified as a WR intead of a TE when Finley hit FA.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post

jermichael finleys agent prepard a 50 page report with the same argument in anticipation of being tagged. The Packers didnt tag him and gave him 2 years at 15 mil.

WR tag is 9.5
    TE tags 5.4
    So is his agent Dunn or Baratz????

According to Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe, New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez won’t accept the franchise tag as a tight end next offseason. He’ll likely put up the argument that he’s more of a receiver then a tight end. The franchise tag at the receiver position ($9.515 million) is almost double of what a tight end ($5.446 million) would receive this season. Hernandez’s agent Blake Baratz did the same thing for Packers tight end Jermichael Finley this offseason and he got a new deal, even though we’re not sure if the move he made caused the Packers to work out a deal quicker. “We looked very heavily into it,” Baratz said. “We did a full 50-page argument, which we firmly believed was a very sound argument. Now, whether we were going to win or not, I have no idea. And I don’t think the team did and the league certainly didn’t because it was unprecedented. “You’re dealing with an independent arbitrator

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...t_end/11175632

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

According to Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe, New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez won’t accept the franchise tag as a tight end next offseason. He’ll likely put up the argument that he’s more of a receiver then a tight end. The franchise tag at the receiver position ($9.515 million) is almost double of what a tight end ($5.446 million) would receive this season. Hernandez’s agent Blake Baratz did the same thing for Packers tight end Jermichael Finley this offseason and he got a new deal, even though we’re not sure if the move he made caused the Packers to work out a deal quicker. “We looked very heavily into it,” Baratz said. “We did a full 50-page argument, which we firmly believed was a very sound argument. Now, whether we were going to win or not, I have no idea. And I don’t think the team did and the league certainly didn’t because it was unprecedented. “You’re dealing with an independent arbitrator

Kind of BS. Stuff like that ruins the game.

Should a backup TE get 9 million dollars, even if it is only for 1 year? That's crazy. Patriots are too smart to do something like that. They'll end up signing Keller or someone like that to a multi year deal that nets 4 million/year over 3-4 years who will do the same thing that Hernandez can do.

Plus, Lloyd is going to take away some of those routes from Hernandez.

AH doesn't have much leverage here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Boston Globe today had Dunn as his agent.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget, Hernandez is also a RB.

This is similar to the Holmes/Braylon situation. One guy gets paid a lot and the other is scorned. I wouldn't be surprised if they trade him after this season. He is not going to give them any kind of a discount after the contract they just gave Gronk.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-08-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of BS. Stuff like that ruins the game.

Should a backup TE get 9 million dollars, even if it is only for 1 year? That's crazy. Patriots are too smart to do something like that. They'll end up signing Keller or someone like that to a multi year deal that nets 4 million/year over 3-4 years who will do the same thing that Hernandez can do.

Plus, Lloyd is going to take away some of those routes from Hernandez.

AH doesn't have much leverage here.
    That's exactly why he won't be with the Pats moving forward.

If they franchise him for one year, it will be $9MM+ guaranteed, and if they extend him, it would have to be for a bunch of upfront guaranteed money.

I don't think the Pats do either.

Also think the writing was on the wall for Hernandez when the Pats signed Ballard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Was Dunn the genius who advised Welker to put on a diaper for a Depends commercial?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blake Baratz.
    Or this guy?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Don't forget, Hernandez is also a RB.

This is similar to the Holmes/Braylon situation. One guy gets paid a lot and the other is scorned. I wouldn't be surprised if they trade him after this season. He is not going to give them any kind of a discount after the contract they just gave Gronk.
    I would think that Hernandez is next on the list of priorities to extend. I'd rather let Welker walk after this year and devote the money that would have gone to him to Hernandez, who can slide into the slot WR/TE/RB position. If Ballard gets healthy for 2013, he'd make an excellent #2 TE to pair with Gronk. That would be a nice young core going forward.

It would be total idiocy for the Pats to sign 31 yr old Welker to 2-3 more years at 10+M and get rid of 22 yr old Hernandez rather than pay him his worth.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rivers has average at best arm strength

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The name of this thread should been "Have the Chargers peaked?". The answer is yes.

Rivers is not the problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    The name of this thread should been "Have the Chargers peaked?". The answer is yes.

I agree with this.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Please tell me where the peak was.... I missed it.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like

No doubt. But I don't think he will get better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    No doubt. But I don't think he will get better.
    I think the guy had a bad year last year. He'll bounce back.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the guy had a bad year last year. He'll bounce back.
    Oh yes, that guy is a warrior. But I meant in general, he is what he is, ala McNabb. No?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, that guy is a warrior. But I meant in general, he is what he is, ala McNabb. No?
    I think that part of the label depends on what team you're on.

That's a pretty good analogy, except for the fact that Rivers is a bit tougher than McNabb. I mean, the guy plays with pain (Rivers), and McNabb was injured/hurt so often. But in terms of accomplishments, I think it's pretty close. McNabb was in the Championship game a bunch of times and the Superbowl once, but overall, yes, very close.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

NOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that part of the label depends on what team you're on.

That's a pretty good analogy, except for the fact that Rivers is a bit tougher than McNabb. I mean, the guy plays with pain (Rivers), and McNabb was injured/hurt so often. But in terms of accomplishments, I think it's pretty close. McNabb was in the Championship game a bunch of times and the Superbowl once, but overall, yes, very close.
    You mean these? For a RB playing QB, he was pretty tough though.