Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keep a close eye on RT Austin Howard...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He's underrated by 90210 but that's just because he was never a Raider.
    IF the Jet Oline coachy last year wanted B Moore to go to the bench. What does that say.

Again from Tony(Come back to NY) on the sister site of Jetinsider. Not Raider9175
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_TFY View Post
    no...but i can tell you this for a fact (i think i posted this before); Callahan was pleading for Caleb Schlauderaff to take over for Moore last year and basically let the Jets know if they ever cut him he would bring him to Dallas as he was walking out the door...
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-09-2012 at 10:37 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    IF you don't have the mental capacity to play on the oline what can a coach do to correct that. Give you a lobotomy so you can understand what the defensive lineman are doing to beat you like a drum. If you can't figure it out whats going on, you can have all the raw talent and its not going to mean a thing. (there is a reason why the wonderlic is an important test for certain positions) .

Case IN point why jared Veldheer(Hillsdale college) could come in and have a major impact from day one(intelligence) and why Bruce Campbell(who put up some of the greatest numbers that any olineman has put up at the combine) was a non factor. You either have it up stairs or you don't.

That was pro football focus point that Brandon Moore was one of the most ineffective run blocker in the league last year( Take it up with them if you have a problem). He was one of the better pass blockers. (again not Raider9175 assessment but Pro football focus).

Now if Pro football focus assessment is correct about B moore than is that a good thing when Jets supposedly want to be ground and pound.
    That's your opinion my windbag friend, not gospel truth. Watch out son, this year the Jets O will be more EXPLOSIVE.

Time for you to cut in with your homespun exaggerations about the Raider having the fastest 4.3 quintet of WR in the league and most EXPLOSIVE RB, TE, FB, CS, FO and mascots in all creation

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    That's your opinion my windbag friend, not gospel truth. Watch out son, this year the Jets O will be more EXPLOSIVE.

Time for you to cut in with your homespun exaggerations about the Raider having the fastest 4.3 quintet of WR in the league and most EXPLOSIVE RB, TE, FB, CS, FO and mascots in all creation
    I can say Raider defense will be so much better than last year. That really raising the bar high.(you can only go up when you defense was that atrocious in 2011)

In the same token, Jet had the 25th rank offense in 2011, and I hope for your sake its more explosive this year.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-09-2012 at 10:54 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heyer probably has the largest wingspan in the league, they measured his arms at 36.5 inches coming out of Maryland, anything over 35 is considered huge... This guy Heyer has wings like a condor.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Heyer probably has the largest wingspan in the league, they measured his arms at 36.5 inches coming out of Maryland, anything over 35 is considered huge... This guy Heyer has wings like a condor.
    Jets use him right at guard they have a player(very good chance of winning a starting job), if they try and put him at tackle he's no better than wayne Hunter.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-09-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can somebody post a mini camp photo or two please?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    IF the Jet Oline coachy last year wanted B Moore to go to the bench. What does that say.

Again from Tony(Come back to NY) on the sister site of Jetinsider. Not Raider9175
    You seem like a pretty smart guy. Even you have to admit you're a little bias toward Raiders.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You seem like a pretty smart guy. Even you have to admit you're a little bias toward Raiders.
    I give you my honest opinion about a player that played for the raiders.(you don't have to buy it) Time will prove if my assessment was right or wrong.

IF the Raiders stayed in more power man to man blocking scheme(what they were moving to under Hue Jackson) there was a lot of raider fans would have liked him to be given a shot at starting at one of the guard position. He is a much better fit in that kind of system than with Cooper carlisle(better suited to stretch zone blocking scheme they will be employing)

That not the case and Heyer was not a priority signing as he didn't fit the new blocking scheme. Sorta Like former Raider Kevin Boothe. He was starting Olineman for the Raiders when they were a man to man blocking scheme. Than they moved to a zone blocking scheme and he was a poor fit. Raiders cut him and the Giant signed him. He was the Olineman that pancake the Patriot wilfork so bad the Refs called a bogus penalty on him.(Wilfork admitted to refs it was a bad call)

MY point is some players are very good players that just weren't great fits in a new scheme (their old team was using), that they go to a new team and system fits their talents better. I believe S Heyer will be one of the best signings the Jets have made on the Oline.(he fits exactly what they want to do)

Now if I was hyping a player when he was a raiders and just because he was wearing another team jersey my viewpoint changed, than you could probably question my objectivity . That has not been the case with S Heyer or Chaz Schilens. I still like both players even if they are wearing hideous green jerseys.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-10-2012 at 09:09 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah. Our new Jamal Westerman, perhaps? Week 1, Wayne Hunter's the starting RT, far from injury. We'll see how smart the move was to keep him here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I give you my honest opinion about a player that played for the raiders.(you don't have to buy it) Time will prove if my assessment was right or wrong.

IF the Raiders stayed in more power man to man blocking scheme(what they were moving to under Hue Jackson) there was a lot of raider fans would have liked him to be given a shot at starting at one of the guard position. He is a much better fit in that kind of system than with Cooper carlisle(better suited to stretch zone blocking scheme they will be employing)

That not the case and Heyer was not a priority signing as he didn't fit the new blocking scheme. Sorta Like former Raider Kevin Boothe. He was starting Olineman for the Raiders when they were a man to man blocking scheme. Than they moved to a zone blocking scheme and he was a poor fit. Raiders cut him and the Giant signed him. He was the Olineman that pancake the Patriot wilfork so bad the Refs called a bogus penalty on him.(Wilfork admitted to refs it was a bad call)

MY point is some players are very good players that just weren't great fits in a new scheme (their old team was using), that they go to a new team and system fits their talents better. I believe S Heyer will be one of the best signings the Jets have made on the Oline.(he fits exactly what they want to do)

Now if I was hyping a player when he was a raiders and just because he was wearing another team jersey my viewpoint changed, than you could probably question my objectivity . That has not been the case with S Heyer or Chaz Schilens. I still like both players even if they are wearing hideous green jerseys.
    No you don't change your mind about a player just because they leave, but you have been wrong about a few Raiders in the past that you said were going to be stars.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No you don't change your mind about a player just because they leave, but you have been wrong about a few Raiders in the past that you said were going to be stars.
    No one can predict injuries or there are some times circumstance that factor in why that never happens.
    Case In point Coples and S Hill. Tell me one Jet fan that doesn't have high hopes for both of them. Both are highly talented and are capable of being bigtime players at those positions. Will they? No one knows that answer.

It like with Mark Sanchez there are alot of Jet fan have seen him do things(first couple years) that say maybe with more time he will put it all together. Maybe he reached his peak and that is good as he going to get. Maybe he finally put it all together and they have the player they thought they were getting. Only time will tell there.

IF S Hill dosen't have the Qb that can throw the football accurately you don't think that not going to play into how he eventually turns out.