Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie's Temper Strikes Again

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Change your profession.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    He is coked up on his "tough guy" image that he likes to cultivate. Plus he has gotten his ego stroked for so long now by far-right intellects like Anne Coulter and Michelle Malkin that he is out of control.

I own a home in NJ and was promised that I would see tax relief for all the cuts to teachers, firemen and police. There has been none, in fact, my taxes have gone up each year under Christie.

But don't let that get in the way of a good story authored by big money through their paid-for surrogates who claim Christie is making a big difference. He is making a big difference-for them. Here is further proof;

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...=mod%7Cmostcom
    If you own a home in NJ (as I did for almost 35 years), by now you should know that as a HOME RULE state the vast majority of property taxes are the result of the TOWN you live in, the COUNTY you live in and to a small extent the state.
    Part of the problem (just read today) is NJ population is 21% FOREIGN born. A good chunk ILLEGAL. Who's paying for thise leaches?
    You chose to live there, take it like a man.
    BTW, how'd you feel about Corzine boffing the president of the largest public union in NJ while making sweetheart deals?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Yeah.... Here's the problem: your arguments consist of irrational hand-wringing and union fundraising buzzwords.

My fiancée is a teacher. No one hates her. The media and politicians don't tell her they hate her job and want her fired. Her NJEA rep sends her frantic emails and tells her to leave angry messages with local legislators, and she deletes them because she thinks that distracts from her job. She chooses to stay above the fray, and in doing so she doesn't think people are out to get her. Do you know why? Because that narrative is entirely made up in order to mobilize NJEA constituents. It's like when liberals say there is a conservative war on women -- there really isn't, but they are hoping that will cause at least one person to kick in a couple bucks to the Obama campaign.

It's a real shame that you've allowed yourself to become a pawn of your union, on the faulty premise that if it didnt exist we'd go back to the days of the robber barons.

By the way, my fiancée isnt tenured because she's only in year 2 at her current district. The union offers her no protection at all, except she still must pay $1000 in dues every year. Protection money that guarantees nothing. In the old days that was called extortion.
    Politicians and the right dont hate your fiance presently because she is a second year teacher and makes no money.

Talk to me about how much you despise unions when you are in your 40s and have kids, family health plans, and mortgage to pay. When every night on the news there are negative stories about teachers trying to justify why they should not have tenure so they can be fired more easily. Talk to me when you observe your wife year after year questioning the validity of state exams. How politicians make bogus scoring systems on state exams to prove why your wife and all teachers who are working for more than ten years should be fired and how "last in first out" should be revisited again. Talk to me then if you'd rather have your wife protected by a union so your family can continue to live or the alternative where you would possibly have to sell your home and have no health benefits for you and your kids because your wife was fired unjustly all in the name of cutting budgets.

Is $1000 dollars a year worth the relief of knowing that your fiances principal cant make her work in unsafe conditions with mold and over crowded classrooms? Is it worth knowing that there will be soap and toilet paper in the teachers bathroom? Will $1000 dollars a year be worth it when politicians try to make bogus claims of how veteran teachers are behind the times so they can cut her salary, steal more money, and go after her job?
    Last edited by copernicus; 07-07-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Imagine how much your taxes would be if he hadn't slightly curbed government worker compensation. Only a mindless liberal can argue the points you tried to make here.
    so wait; the argument in defense of Christie for not lowering taxes like he promised is that it would have been worse if someone else was in office? And you know that how?

Only a someone with an unhealthy crush for Christie would argue that point.

Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 07-07-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    If you own a home in NJ (as I did for almost 35 years), by now you should know that as a HOME RULE state the vast majority of property taxes are the result of the TOWN you live in, the COUNTY you live in and to a small extent the state.
    Part of the problem (just read today) is NJ population is 21% FOREIGN born. A good chunk ILLEGAL. Who's paying for thise leaches?
    You chose to live there, take it like a man.
    BTW, how'd you feel about Corzine boffing the president of the largest public union in NJ while making sweetheart deals?
    then how could Christie promise us that our taxes would be lowered if the police and firemen and teachers took the hit?

I felt about corzine in the same manner that you feel towards Christie for boffing the millionaires and billionaires with sweetheart deals and absurd tax breaks.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 07-07-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So Christie was verbally assaulted/acosted by a protestor while off-duty and the Gov. rightly told him to de facto go **** himself.
    I like Christie...but to say he was "verbally assaulted" is a very Tampax induced thing for anyone to say or suggest. Christie is bombastic and speaks his mind, which is good, but he has less self-control verbally than I do after 6 shots of vodka.

I learned in kindergarten that "sticks and stone may break some bones". Maybe Captain Mayonnaise Jar needs a refresher course in putting his big boy pants on and stop being an easily hurt p*ssy.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    ROFLMAO!!! I would not expect any different from you.

Do you really believe we should be THANKING Chris Christie for curbing middle class workers compensation while be continues to favor the wealthy through his political policies??!!

All the while be rude towards the people who had a part of putting him in office.

Where are the true leaders? The ones who lead by example. Who do not put others down. Who dont yell to be heard. Who dont bully. Where are the leaders who are great thinkers? Who can make change for the good of most.

Chris Christie is no leader. He is a bully...........
    Don't worry -- those of us who voted for him don't mind at all . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Don't worry -- those of us who voted for him don't mind at all . . .
    That's cool.

Just don't act like bacon grease artery coated guy is being persecuted because someone said something to him.

He shud just be happy that his ear doesn't have a tag on it like a rotund county fair swine.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

If Christie ran for Pres he would win in a landslide.

For all the talking points everyone likes to make the election usually comes down to who you would have a beer with

08 Obama over Mccain.Obama you could shoot hoops with listen to some Jay-z..if that's your thing vs Mccain a cranky old guy telling you to turn down the music

04 Bush over Kerry..Bush you could have a bbq,go shoot some shi@ out back.Kerry a wooden bore.

00 Bush over Gore..Bush same as above vs Gore a tree hugger preaching about global waming.

96 Clinton over Dole..Clinton it's obvious smoke some shi@ bang some hefty chicks..or Dole a cranky old guy yelling at you for being on his lawn.

As for this election Romney doesn't drink beer so Obama repeat.Now if it was Christie,you know would eat and drink well,and make fun of people...he would destroy Obama...

Ya f'd up GOP...Wrong guy

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    I agree.

BINGO.

Instead...they are gonna nominate some freak show, ken doll, scientologist/freak show who was handed everything he got.

"OH!!! HE WORKED FOR BAIN CAPITAL."

Republicans/Libertarians purposely are pooching this election for Christie in 2016. There's no other explanation.

For all the talking points everyone likes to make the election usually comes down to who you would have a beer with

08 Obama over Mccain.Obama you could shoot hoops with listen to some Jay-z..if that's your thing vs Mccain a cranky old guy telling you to turn down the music

04 Bush over Kerry..Bush you could have a bbq,go shoot some shi@ out back.Kerry a wooden bore.

00 Bush over Gore..Bush same as above vs Gore a tree hugger preaching about global waming.

96 Clinton over Dole..Clinton it's obvious smoke some shi@ bang some hefty chicks..or Dole a cranky old guy yelling at you for being on his lawn.

As for this election Romney doesn't drink beer so Obama repeat.Now if it was Christie,you know would eat and drink well,and make fun of people...he would destroy Obama...

If this is the case (and I think it is) America is presently a sad pathetic place.......

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    The union offers her no protection at all, except she still must pay $1000 in dues every year. Protection money that guarantees nothing.
    On the contrary: it guarantees that a dem politician in bed with the unions can count on that money going into his campaign fund.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Not that easy, think about it can you name all the governors and are you aware of their accomplishments? Additionally, the opponent could have more name recognition, and more importantly more money. Usually the country votes their pocketbook and keep a president in office when the country is at war. Etc. etc. .......

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I like Christie...
    Sure you do.

but to say he was "verbally assaulted" is a very Tampax induced thing for anyone to say or suggest.
    I like using the Liberal playsheet too.

he has less self-control verbally than I do after 6 shots of vodka.
    That, or he just doesn't take any ****. Why should he, just cause he's a public servant?

Last I checked, our Public Servants were some of the loudest, whiniest, moaning yappers we have. Why should Christie be any different?

I learned in kindergarten that "sticks and stone may break some bones".
    At least you passed one grade in your life, congrats.

See, thats ironic, cause my words cannot hurt you. They can only point out your lack of intelligence.

Maybe Captain Mayonnaise Jar needs a refresher course in putting his big boy pants on and stop being an easily hurt p*ssy.
    1. I can't wait till you get fat. Till then, gfy beanpole.

2. Christie doesn't seem to ***** to me, he told a heckler to **** himself, and thats that. Not smelling alot of ***** there, but hey, you're the "Republican" who gobbles down Obama's throbing political member of "meh, meh, it was the last guy, meh, I inherited, blame him, meh" mewling excuses, so who can tell what you might think.

Obama and Chrisite in a room, two men enter, one man leave, it won't be Christie whos the *****.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

ok, I firmly believe that Chris Christie takes dumps that are more qualified to lead our country than Obama. And I'm not kidding. I really do.

But Holy Fatness. To see him in a tailored suit is one thing. To see him in that getup on the boardwalk -- eating a frigging ice cream cone no less -- well, that's some major huge rotundness going on there. MAJOR.

Despite the fact that most of America is fat, that sh:t ain't gonna fly. Ifn he's serious about the national political stage, he's got to get Richard Simmons digits or somesuch.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    ROFLMAO!!! I would not expect any different from you.

Do you really believe we should be THANKING Chris Christie for curbing middle class workers compensation while be continues to favor the wealthy through his political policies??!!

All the while be rude towards the people who had a part of putting him in office.

Where are the true leaders? The ones who lead by example. Who do not put others down. Who dont yell to be heard. Who dont bully. Where are the leaders who are great thinkers? Who can make change for the good of most.

Chris Christie is no leader. He is a bully...........
    Teachers are not middle class in my town. Middle class is defined as folks earning between 50K and 100K in total compensation. The average teacher and other government workers in my town make close to 200K per year when benefits are included in the calculation. When you add in summers off and calculate the benefits based on hourly earnings they are top 5% ers. Save your union talking points for the uninformed. Whats worse is that their massive salaries and pensions are paid for on the backs of the true working class. The scam your unions have been running on the backs of the working class has been exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    then how could Christie promise us that our taxes would be lowered if the police and firemen and teachers took the hit?

I felt about corzine in the same manner that you feel towards Christie for boffing the millionaires and billionaires with sweetheart deals and absurd tax breaks.

State police (which frankly are a small portion of state expense).
    He has zero control over firemen especially since a good chunk of NJ consists of volunteer firemen. He CAN control sending money to fire departments to buy excess equipment to be an adjunct to their monthly drunk parties.
    Having SEX with a SLUT who happens to be the union president and giving extra concessions to her after getting a BJ is a bit different from your PERCEIVED sweetheart deals. You have to work to keep/get companies. NJ has been losing business like crazy. Why? Costs and unions. Right to work states are scooping upjobs from NJ/NY/Mich/Ohio. My taxes have gone DOWN. LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    State police (which frankly are a small portion of state expense).
    He has zero control over firemen especially since a good chunk of NJ consists of volunteer firemen. He CAN control sending money to fire departments to buy excess equipment to be an adjunct to their monthly drunk parties.
    Having SEX with a SLUT who happens to be the union president and giving extra concessions to her after getting a BJ is a bit different from your PERCEIVED sweetheart deals. You have to work to keep/get companies. NJ has been losing business like crazy. Why? Costs and unions. Right to work states are scooping upjobs from NJ/NY/Mich/Ohio. My taxes have gone DOWN. LMAO.
    The argument put forth by IJF and Copernicus is ridiculous. The issue in NJ as with most States regarding budgets is that the promises made by politicians to unions RE pensions have never been financially sound. The reason Christie can't completely fix the mess is because the thing drowning NJ are pension obligations for current retirees which by law can not be adjusted lower. Christies fixes effect new hires. Most of the savings wont be realized for 20+ years. The defined benefit pensions given to government workers assumed returns of 8%+ per year on investments. We have a 0% return over the past 12 years. Hence every State in the union is in trouble. The States that have been run by Union owned Democrats are by far in the worst shape. This is reality. It is comical to me in that these same liberals rail against wall street and corporations every chance they get not understanding that their sweetheart deals are tied to wall street profits. Whats frightening is that the same minds that bankrupted California, New Jersey, Illinois, New York and the like are the ones currently making decisions on national economic issues.

I wonder sometimes if people like IJF and COP that make those comments are pretending not to understand these basic principals or are they so utterly ignorant of reality. I think it is a mix.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    ok, I firmly believe that Chris Christie takes dumps that are more qualified to lead our country than Obama. And I'm not kidding. I really do.

But Holy Fatness. To see him in a tailored suit is one thing. To see him in that getup on the boardwalk -- eating a frigging ice cream cone no less -- well, that's some major huge rotundness going on there. MAJOR.

Despite the fact that most of America is fat, that sh:t ain't gonna fly. Ifn he's serious about the national political stage, he's got to get Richard Simmons digits or somesuch.
    Agreed - Its one thing to be Bill Clinton who might have had a penchant for putting on a few pounds - its another thing to be overweight to the point that your health is legitimately questioned.

He's gotten to this point at his current weight so it obviously hasn't been that much of an impediment. And, if he ultimately decides not to seek higher office, then good for him - he can do what he wants. But, he seems to be a pretty ambitious guy and I'd be shocked if he doesn't throw his hat in the ring for 2016. If that's the case, he really needs to shed a pound or 60. He doesn't need to be skinny, but that video is pretty eye-opening.

If Rex Ryan is conscious enough about his public appearance as HC of the Jets, you'd think someone with visions of the Presidency would get his sh!t in order prior to that step.

Ditto for the public altercations he seems to always have. Its one thing to have a Gov/Pres who speaks their mind and takes no BS - people like that. But in today's age, with everyone having a cell phone pointed at you, you can't afford to have too many videos like that. And, while I haven't seen the whole encounter, I'd probably put some money on the fact that the guy who approached him was a real ahole who was looking to antagonize. But, that's going to happen all the time when you're a high profile guy (and in Seaside Hts). Part of being a public figure is letting sh!t roll off your shoulders - unfortunately you don't have a choice.

Same deal with Rex here - the only thing we saw was the back page of the Post with Rex giving someone the finger. Very little about the verbal abuse that he surely encountered leading up to the finger - just the finger. Similarly, all we saw was Christie freaking out on that video. Not the whole story, for sure, but that's all we saw.

Again, if he's content where he is now, then do whatever you want. He probably can get re-elected. But, if he wants to run for President, those clips are not a flattering picture of a guy who has his fingers on the nukes. The folks here who love him will love him no matter what. But an Independant in Ohio might not like to see a fat, sweaty governor screaming at some dude (who appears pretty calm).

Just my $.02

NJ has been abusing the money in the fund for 2 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    The argument put forth by IJF and Copernicus is ridiculous. The issue in NJ as with most States regarding budgets is that the promises made by politicians to unions RE pensions have never been financially sound. The reason Christie can't completely fix the mess is because the thing drowning NJ are pension obligations for current retirees which by law can not be adjusted lower. Christies fixes effect new hires. Most of the savings wont be realized for 20+ years. The defined benefit pensions given to government workers assumed returns of 8%+ per year on investments. We have a 0% return over the past 12 years. Hence every State in the union is in trouble. The States that have been run by Union owned Democrats are by far in the worst shape. This is reality. It is comical to me in that these same liberals rail against wall street and corporations every chance they get not understanding that their sweetheart deals are tied to wall street profits. Whats frightening is that the same minds that bankrupted California, New Jersey, Illinois, New York and the like are the ones currently making decisions on national economic issues.

I wonder sometimes if people like IJF and COP that make those comments are pretending not to understand these basic principals or are they so utterly ignorant of reality. I think it is a mix.