Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie's Temper Strikes Again

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    NJ has been abusing the money in the fund for 2 decades.
    They haven't had the money to pay yet they continued making promises they couldn't keep. NJ has some of the highest taxes in the nation. Abusing the fund entailed spending the money on other crap something you support wholeheartedly. The claim in this thread was that since taxes haven't gone down Christie has failed. The reality is that Christie put in reforms that will save billions down the road. There is no way to completely address the current situation because it involves current retirees. What they did do is reform the system for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    They haven't had the money to pay yet they continued making promises they couldn't keep. NJ has some of the highest taxes in the nation. Abusing the fund entailed spending the money on other crap something you support wholeheartedly. The claim in this thread was that since taxes haven't gone down Christie has failed. The reality is that Christie put in reforms that will save billions down the road. There is no way to completely address the current situation because it involves current retirees. What they did do is reform the system for the future.
    I guess you know what I have or haven't supported in the past? Since 1992 Governors from both parties have screwed it up and then in 2006 a private firm helped too.

He loves to be in the spotlight.

Christie had requested to speak at the Brookings Institution. He talked for 40 minutes about some of his accomplishments in New Jersey - pension and benefits reform for public employees, changes to teacher tenure and three on-time budgets, among others - before talking four questions from the audience.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...governing.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    My fiancée...
    To quote Chris Christie... are you stupid?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Is $1000 dollars a year worth the relief of knowing that your fiances principal cant make her work in unsafe conditions with mold and over crowded classrooms? Is it worth knowing that there will be soap and toilet paper in the teachers bathroom? Will $1000 dollars a year be worth it when politicians try to make bogus claims of how veteran teachers are behind the times so they can cut her salary, steal more money, and go after her job?
    This has to be one of the funniest (unintentionally) paragraphs in the history of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I guess you know what I have or haven't supported in the past? Since 1992 Governors from both parties have screwed it up and then in 2006 a private firm helped too.
    It was the contracts that included defined benefits pensions based on faulty actuarial tables that messed things up. If there was an assumption that the fund would double every 9 years (8% rate of return) then imagine what happens to a 60 billion dollar fund that stays flat over 12 years. You are 100Billion in the hole. There was never enough money to cover it. The unions say we don't care give us our money. There arent enough tax hikes to cover it. Simultaneously while democrats on the local level were screwing middle class taxpayers by giving sweetheart unsustainable deals to the big pocketed public sector unions that fund their campaigns the Democrats at the national level are attacking businesses further driving markets down and exacerbating the problem.

I support defined contribution pensions only. Contrace says you make 100K salary, get 70% health insurance and the equivilent of 10% of your salary goes to your 401K. That way you can budget for actual numbers. Defined benefits pensions are impossible to budget for. They don't really exist anymore in the private sector and shouldn't in the public sector.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    It was the contracts that included defined benefits pensions based on faulty actuarial tables that messed things up. If there was an assumption that the fund would double every 9 years (8% rate of return) then imagine what happens to a 60 billion dollar fund that stays flat over 12 years. You are 100Billion in the hole. There was never enough money to cover it. The unions say we don't care give us our money. There arent enough tax hikes to cover it. Simultaneously while democrats on the local level were screwing middle class taxpayers by giving sweetheart unsustainable deals to the big pocketed public sector unions that fund their campaigns the Democrats at the national level are attacking businesses further driving markets down and exacerbating the problem.

I support defined contribution pensions only. Contrace says you make 100K salary, get 70% health insurance and the equivilent of 10% of your salary goes to your 401K. That way you can budget for actual numbers. Defined benefits pensions are impossible to budget for. They don't really exist anymore in the private sector and shouldn't in the public sector.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6locfXcsQQ8

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I actually caught that clip live when CNN aired it. Definitely one of the most enjoyable moments of the night for me.

man, I really want something like this to happen to Rahm Emanuel tomorrow just to see the awesome flip flopping of everyone in this thread.

It would be an epic display.....

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    man, I really want something like this to happen to Rahm Emanuel tomorrow just to see the awesome flip flopping of everyone in this thread.

Hasn't Rohm told many people to **** off/go **** themselves over the years?

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Hasn't Rohm told many people to **** off/go **** themselves over the years?
    probably, I would just love to see the reaction now.

Here is a better comparison...you know what politician had the same demeanor as Chris Christie?

Anthony Weiner. The right hated this guy for many of the reasons they like Christie...and vice versa..the left loved Weiner and hate Christie.

Stuff like that is funny to me, because in my eyes, they are basically the same guy, in the sense of how they dealt with the media, political opponents, and the sort of straight forward regular guy way they speak in public.

Here is a better comparison...you know what politician had the same demeanor as Chris Christie?

Anthony Weiner. The right hated this guy for many of the reasons they like Christie...and vice versa..the left loved Weiner and hate Christie.

Stuff like that is funny to me, because in my eyes, they are basically the same guy, in the sense of how they dealt with the media, political opponents, and the sort of straight forward regular guy way they speak in public.
    Everybody loves a fighter when they are fighting for their rights. Big corporations love Christie because he fights hard for them.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 07-10-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Agree, to a point...but Weiner was WAY over the top- no real comparison to Christie.

btw the DEFINITION of schadenfreude was watching Weiner lie to the press for the 3 days before he was finally forced to come clean as a creepy d-bag

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Agree, to a point...but Weiner was WAY over the top- no real comparison to Christie.

btw the DEFINITION of schadenfreude was watching Weiner lie to the press for the 3 days before he was finally forced to come clean as a creepy d-bag

As bad as the Weiner is Henry waxman of Cal - a nerdy little punk needing a beating.
    Debbie wasserman Schultz is also a grating woman. I don't believe in hitting women so she just desrves to be called a few names.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post

well, both of them as politicians are kind of a-holes to people, they didn't talk like politicians. Neither "suffered fools" so to speak. Christie may be exactly as combative, but he is the executive of the state where Weiner was a congressman, they had different battle with their opposition.

Weiner's fall from grace was such a train wreck, he may have been able to survive it if he just came clean. I learned that at my first job when I was 17. When will politicians learn?

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Everybody loves a fighter when they are fighting for their rights. Big corporations love Christie because he fights hard for them.
    How so? Be specific please.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So Christie was verbally assaulted/acosted by a protestor while off-duty and the Gov. rightly told him to de facto go **** himself.

Nice job Governor.
    Yep. Complete non-story.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    From the audio it doesnt appear to be an inappropriate comment. All you hear is the person say "do the right thing for teachers." Another report stated that the person voiced his displeasure with Christie funding more charter schools.

But does it really matter? My job as a teacher is similar in the sense that sometimes students say inappropriate things directed at me. Sometimes they are very angry at me, or the system, or both and curse and voice their displeasure. I cant fly off the handle and curse students out. I cant bully my way and call them out as if I was going to physically fight them. It is my job to be professional at all costs, even when students are showing little to no respect. Its part of my job, I accept it and do my best to help the student change by speaking to him/her in a professional way. Shouldn't Christie be held to the same standard?
    If your students came up to you and started giving you a hard time while you were on vacation, damn straight you could tell them to f off.

In a world where politicians want to hold everyone accountable, Gov Christie's behavior is acceptable?
    Yes. Yes it is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Not really. We've come to expect that from Rahm.