Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie's Temper Strikes Again

Chris Christie's Temper Strikes Again

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1654583.html

Chris Christie's temper strikes again.

While on vacation with his family in Seaside Heights, N.J. on Thursday, the Republican governor lashed out at a passerby who, according to TMZ, made a derisive comment about his education policies.

"You're a real big shot," Christie fired back at his heckler. "You're a real big shot shooting your mouth off."

The man responded: "Just take care of the teachers."

Christie approached the man, yelling at him to "keep walkin' away ... keep walkin'." A man accompanying Christie then put his hand on the governor's shoulder and walked with him in the opposite direction.

The boardwalk blow-up is the latest in a string of outbursts from the New Jersey governor, who has been rumored to be a potential vice presidential pick for Republican candidate Mitt Romney.

Earlier this week, Christie shut down a reporter at a press conference, questioning his intelligence.

"Did I say on topic? Are you stupid? On topic, on topic. Next question," Christie said. "Thank you all very much and I'm sorry for the idiot over there."

In March, the governor used a similar line of attack when he got in a shouting match with a Navy SEAL who, like the boardwalk heckler, questioned Christie's education proposals. Christie called the veteran an "idiot" and warned that he was "gonna get thrown in jail" for his behavior.

But Christie's fighting words aren't just reserved for his constituents. He has been known to publicly blast members of the New Jersey state legislature, such as a state senator who Christie branded as an "arrogant S.O.B." last month. Earlier this year, he called a Democratic opponent "numbnuts" over his gay marriage stance.

I like Christie. Like his passion. Like his simple and to the point style of speech. I don't like the immaturity though. He needs to reign it in, and accept with more poise the criticism he knew his policies would generate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1654583.html

Chris Christie's temper strikes again.

While on vacation with his family in Seaside Heights, N.J. on Thursday, the Republican governor lashed out at a passerby who, according to TMZ, made a derisive comment about his education policies.

"You're a real big shot," Christie fired back at his heckler. "You're a real big shot shooting your mouth off."

The man responded: "Just take care of the teachers."

Christie approached the man, yelling at him to "keep walkin' away ... keep walkin'." A man accompanying Christie then put his hand on the governor's shoulder and walked with him in the opposite direction.

The boardwalk blow-up is the latest in a string of outbursts from the New Jersey governor, who has been rumored to be a potential vice presidential pick for Republican candidate Mitt Romney.

Earlier this week, Christie shut down a reporter at a press conference, questioning his intelligence.

"Did I say on topic? Are you stupid? On topic, on topic. Next question," Christie said. "Thank you all very much and I'm sorry for the idiot over there."

In March, the governor used a similar line of attack when he got in a shouting match with a Navy SEAL who, like the boardwalk heckler, questioned Christie's education proposals. Christie called the veteran an "idiot" and warned that he was "gonna get thrown in jail" for his behavior.

But Christie's fighting words aren't just reserved for his constituents. He has been known to publicly blast members of the New Jersey state legislature, such as a state senator who Christie branded as an "arrogant S.O.B." last month. Earlier this year, he called a Democratic opponent "numbnuts" over his gay marriage stance.
    Classy move by the passerby confronting the guy while he's on vacation strolling the boardwalk with his family. The nerve of Christie getting riled up.

So Christie was verbally assaulted/acosted by a protestor while off-duty and the Gov. rightly told him to de facto go **** himself.

Nice job Governor. Predictable from the usual Union Thug Supporters, whose comment speaks volumes. Not "teach the kids", but "take care of the teachers".

The real news here is someone was able to post this BEFORE our resident Christie Obsessive Stalker. Thats amazing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Classy move by the passerby confronting the guy while he's on vacation strolling the boardwalk with his family. The nerve of Christie getting riled up.
    Sorry but politicians are never really "on vacation." He is on call running NJ 24/7. Christie is a public figure, a politician, he chose this life. A passerby making a comment about one of his policies is not exactly something that should lead to such a confrontation.

Christie is a bully. Great leaders are poised and thick skinned, they can take criticism and turn it around and come up smelling like roses. Christie's job is to take the good and the bad from the public. He failed miserably AGAIN. One of Christie's public has an issue with Christie funding charter schools, which is already a controversial topic, and all Christie can do is stomp his feet and yell like a child who doesn't get his way. Sad excuse for a leader

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So Christie was verbally assaulted/acosted by a protestor while off-duty and the Gov. rightly told him to de facto go **** himself.

Nice job Governor. Predictable from the usual Union Thug Supporters, whose comment speaks volumes. Not "teach the kids", but "take care of the teachers".

The real news here is someone was able to post this BEFORE our resident Christie Obsessive Stalker. Thats amazing IMO.
    "Verbally assaulted" ROFLMAO!!!! What would you call what Christie has been doing to his public periodically throughout his term?

Take care of the teachers so the the teachers can take care of the students. Left in the hands of politicians and you get things like No Child Left Behind where teachers are forced to follow policies of these sad excuses for leaders. Teachers are the ones caring for students on the front line. Christie's policies affect this.

Poor governor Christie cant take criticism from a passer by who has no power, no say, other than his vote and Christies acts like a spoiled, immature boy who didnt get his way. What a baffoon. Sad that this guy has any say in important matters including schools when he gets rattled so easily by a "passerby" on the boardwalk at an amusement park eating ice cream.
    Last edited by copernicus; 07-06-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    "Verbally assaulted" ROFLMAO!!!! What would you call what Christie has been doing to his public periodically throughout his term?

Take care of the teachers so the the teachers can take care of the students. Left in the hands of politicians and you get things like No Child Left Behind where teachers are forced to follow policies of these sad excuses for leaders. Teachers are the ones caring for students on the front line. Christie's policies affect this.

Poor governor Christie cant take criticism from a passer by who has no power, no say, other than his vote and Christies acts like a spoiled, immature boy who didnt get his way. What a baffoon. Sad that this guy has any say in important matters including schools when he gets rattled so easily by a "passerby" on the boardwalk at an amusement park eating ice cream.
    Whats funny, IMO,. is that you're just lingering here in this thread, hitting refresh every few minutes, just chomping at the bit to wargarbl the same or wargarbl.

It's Friday night Copernicus. Go out. Grab a beer with friends. There is more to life than demaning we all give you more money for less work.

Or stay here and be pissed off. Your choice mate.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Sleaside was a sh*thole 30 years ago, can't imagine what it's like today. That's good it's a magnet for in and out of state trash keeps em away from our good shore towns. I love NJ segregation is a good thing.

this does seem like a non-issue, having said that:

I don't know if I would use the term Thug supporter for some person on the boardwalk, and I kind of like Christie, but one thing this reaction is not is presidential.

I think if Christie has presidential aspirations he will have to learn to deal with stuff like this with a bit more tact.

I thought fat people were jolly?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I thought fat people were jolly?
    Lol....I like Christie, but I'm not sure he's ready for the national stage.

Hall Of Fame
    I like Christie and this is all a bunch of nonsense but he is never becoming President. Not bc of this or his ideologies. Nobody is electing a 400+ pound President.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I like Christie and this is all a bunch of nonsense but he is never becoming President. Not bc of this or his ideologies. Nobody is electing a 400+ pound President.

disagrees

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post

disagrees
    1. Not as big as Christie
    2. 100 years ago politicians were not as visible.

Have you ever studied the JFK/Nixon debates?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    That all depends how much name recognition he can muster up and the most important thing, money.

Whats funny, IMO,. is that you're just lingering here in this thread, hitting refresh every few minutes, just chomping at the bit to wargarbl the same or wargarbl.

It's Friday night Copernicus. Go out. Grab a beer with friends. There is more to life than demaning we all give you more money for less work.

Or stay here and be pissed off. Your choice mate.
    Now this is funny. A political leader who is elected by the people continues to act inappropriately when addressing them and your only comment is to worry about my social life?

Couldnt the same be said for you on this Friday night?.....

I thought I couldn't like Christie as a Politician any more then I already did. This story proved me wrong.

1. Not as big as Christie
    2. 100 years ago politicians were not as visible.

Have you ever studied the JFK/Nixon debates?
    yeesh, I'm just joking around.

I just figured to post a pic of our fattest president for the lol's

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I thought I couldn't like Christie as a Politician any more then I already did. This story proved me wrong.
    Yeah, I can see why . People with no power rattle his cage. Just the type of person I would not want when making decisions when there is real pressure.

The guy hears a comment from someone eating ice cream on a board walk about a legitimate issue about charter schools and he calls him out, just like the bully who is unintelligent and has to use his size to try and intimidate. Real classy leader...........

Is he 12?