Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 107

Thread: Chris Christie's Temper Strikes Again

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    yeesh, I'm just joking around.

    I just figured to post a pic of our fattest president for the lol's
    My bad.

    My sarcasm meter needs to be replaced.

    But in all seriousness I hope Christie starts to put as much effort into his health as he does into his political career.

  2. #22
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Sorry but politicians are never really "on vacation." He is on call running NJ 24/7. Christie is a public figure, a politician, he chose this life. A passerby making a comment about one of his policies is not exactly something that should lead to such a confrontation.

    Christie is a bully. Great leaders are poised and thick skinned, they can take criticism and turn it around and come up smelling like roses. Christie's job is to take the good and the bad from the public. He failed miserably AGAIN. One of Christie's public has an issue with Christie funding charter schools, which is already a controversial topic, and all Christie can do is stomp his feet and yell like a child who doesn't get his way. Sad excuse for a leader
    Did the heckler actually have a specific policy criticism, or did he just delight in yelling at a public official with impunity, "Hey fatass, you don't like teachers!"

    The least surprising thing is this whole encounter took place in Sleazeside. If you don't get into some kind of altercation there you're not doing it right.

  3. #23
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Yeah, I can see why . People with no power rattle his cage. Just the type of person I would not want when making decisions when there is real pressure.

    The guy hears a comment from someone eating ice cream on a board walk about a legitimate issue about charter schools and he calls him out, just like the bully who is unintelligent and has to use his size to try and intimidate. Real classy leader...........
    That's my question, what was the actual comment that set him off?

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    That's my question, what was the actual comment that set him off?
    From the audio it doesnt appear to be an inappropriate comment. All you hear is the person say "do the right thing for teachers." Another report stated that the person voiced his displeasure with Christie funding more charter schools.

    But does it really matter? My job as a teacher is similar in the sense that sometimes students say inappropriate things directed at me. Sometimes they are very angry at me, or the system, or both and curse and voice their displeasure. I cant fly off the handle and curse students out. I cant bully my way and call them out as if I was going to physically fight them. It is my job to be professional at all costs, even when students are showing little to no respect. Its part of my job, I accept it and do my best to help the student change by speaking to him/her in a professional way. Shouldn't Christie be held to the same standard?

    Funny that Christie is all for firing civil servants including teachers for the way they conduct themselves at work. Seems a bit hypocritical when we see Christie acting this way over and over. I find this so over the top unreal that the general public believe these buffoons when it comes to judging civil servants. Yeah, most teachers are bad according to Gov Christie who also happens to believe that it is perfectly ok to bully, name call, and stomp his feet at a citizen who makes a comment towards him that he doesn't like.

    In a world where politicians want to hold everyone accountable, Gov Christie's behavior is acceptable?
    Last edited by copernicus; 07-07-2012 at 12:13 AM.

  5. #25
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    From the audio it doesnt appear to be an inappropriate comment. All you hear is the person say "do the right thing for teachers." Another report stated that the person voiced his displeasure with Christie funding more charter schools.

    But does it really matter? My job as a teacher is similar in the sense that sometimes students say inappropriate things directed at me. Sometimes they are very angry at me, or the system, or both and curse and voice their displeasure. I cant fly off the handle and curse students out. I cant bully my way and call them out as if I was going to physically fight them. It is my job to be professional at all costs, even when students are showing little to no respect. Its part of my job, I accept it and do my best to help the student change by speaking to him/her in a professional way. Shouldn't Christie be held to the same standard?

    Funny that Christie is all for firing civil servants including teachers for the way they conduct themselves at work. Seems a bit hypocritical when we see Christie acting this way over and over. I find this so over the top unreal that the general public believe these buffoons when it comes to judging civil servants. Yeah, most teachers are bad according to Gov Christie who also happens to believe that it is perfectly ok to bully, name call, and stomp his feet at a citizen who makes a comment towards him that he doesn't like.

    In a world where politicians want to hold everyone accountable, Gov Christie's behavior is acceptable?
    Sorry, but your criticism is ridiculous. Your job is not similar to this situation. You're hitting on so many lame talking points but you're not backing them up with any context. It'd be nice to see a rational point of view from someone who is responsible for encouraging critical thinking from our nation's youth, but your response is just as emotional and knee-jerky as Christie's.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Yeah, I can see why . People with no power rattle his cage. Just the type of person I would not want when making decisions when there is real pressure.

    The guy hears a comment from someone eating ice cream on a board walk about a legitimate issue about charter schools and he calls him out, just like the bully who is unintelligent and has to use his size to try and intimidate. Real classy leader...........
    I missed the part of the video that showed the comment from the heckler. I'll reserve judgement until I see it. All I saw was a reaction. Didn't bother me a bit.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    From the audio it doesnt appear to be an inappropriate comment. All you hear is the person say "do the right thing for teachers." Another report stated that the person voiced his displeasure with Christie funding more charter schools.

    But does it really matter? My job as a teacher is similar in the sense that sometimes students say inappropriate things directed at me. Sometimes they are very angry at me, or the system, or both and curse and voice their displeasure. I cant fly off the handle and curse students out. I cant bully my way and call them out as if I was going to physically fight them. It is my job to be professional at all costs, even when students are showing little to no respect. Its part of my job, I accept it and do my best to help the student change by speaking to him/her in a professional way. Shouldn't Christie be held to the same standard?

    Funny that Christie is all for firing civil servants including teachers for the way they conduct themselves at work. Seems a bit hypocritical when we see Christie acting this way over and over. I find this so over the top unreal that the general public believe these buffoons when it comes to judging civil servants. Yeah, most teachers are bad according to Gov Christie who also happens to believe that it is perfectly ok to bully, name call, and stomp his feet at a citizen who makes a comment towards him that he doesn't like.

    In a world where politicians want to hold everyone accountable, Gov Christie's behavior is acceptable?
    Oh please. If someone walks up to you and your family while you are vacationing at the shore shouting and heckling you would be in your right to tell them to move along like Christie did. The comment you mentioned happened after Christies reaction not before. Clearly the guy said something inappropriate and set off the Gov.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Sorry, but your criticism is ridiculous. Your job is not similar to this situation. You're hitting on so many lame talking points but you're not backing them up with any context. It'd be nice to see a rational point of view from someone who is responsible for encouraging critical thinking from our nation's youth, but your response is just as emotional and knee-jerky as Christie's.
    My criticism is ridiculous? Because I think elected officials should at the very least be professional when addressing the public? That they shouldn't bully and name call? That they shouldn't act like they are going to physically fight someone over a comment opposing their view? Got it, yeah Im way off.

    My job is not similar? I dont deal with the public? Students and parents who act irrational at times? I am not expected to act professional even in situations where tax payers are being rude or obnoxious?

    Yeah, Im way off...........

  9. #29
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    From the audio it doesnt appear to be an inappropriate comment. All you hear is the person say "do the right thing for teachers." Another report stated that the person voiced his displeasure with Christie funding more charter schools.

    But does it really matter? My job as a teacher is similar in the sense that sometimes students say inappropriate things directed at me. Sometimes they are very angry at me, or the system, or both and curse and voice their displeasure. I cant fly off the handle and curse students out. I cant bully my way and call them out as if I was going to physically fight them. It is my job to be professional at all costs, even when students are showing little to no respect. Its part of my job, I accept it and do my best to help the student change by speaking to him/her in a professional way. Shouldn't Christie be held to the same standard?
    I agree. He's the governor of the state of new jersey. He's not going to get much privacy. He needs to be able to censor some of what comes out of his mouth. Again, i like him. I hope he gets it figured out, because I think he's done a lot of good for new jersey. Hell, i'd feel a lot better voting for him for president than Romney. This kind of stuff is pointless though, and cuts your political life short.

    I think some of you are letting your disagreements with Copernicus over teacher pay / union issues color your opinion on this completely separate issue. Shame on you.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Oh please. If someone walks up to you and your family while you are vacationing at the shore shouting and heckling you would be in your right to tell them to move along like Christie did. The comment you mentioned happened after Christies reaction not before. Clearly the guy said something inappropriate and set off the Gov.
    It amazes me how you protect the right.

    The citizen is heard making a comment about what? Violence? How he intends to harm Christie and his family? No, he expressed his displeasure about Christie's educational policy, nothing else. Christie was in such a vulnerable position, right? He must have been frightened for his life when a citizen commented on educational policies! Christie has how many body guards around him? Yeah, I can see how Christie felt his family was in harms way.....

    You are assuming that something else was said. Why? Because this has never happened before with Christie? Because Christie always acts professional and never flies off the handle? Now the Gov simply asked the guy to "move along?" ROFLMAO!!!! Christie's body guard clearly has his hand on Christie's back pushing him away from the situation after Christie in an angry tone yells "You're a real big shot, you're a real big shot shooting your mouth off." Yeah, that sounds like he simply told him to move along...........

  11. #31
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    My criticism is ridiculous? Because I think elected officials should at the very least be professional when addressing the public? That they shouldn't bully and name call? That they shouldn't act like they are going to physically fight someone over a comment opposing their view? Got it, yeah Im way off.

    My job is not similar? I dont deal with the public? Students and parents who act irrational at times? I am not expected to act professional even in situations where tax payers are being rude or obnoxious?

    Yeah, Im way off...........
    First of all, the rhetorical questions are annoying. You're not DWC, and they bely a certain ansty tone within your comments... as if a seething hatred lies just beneath the surface of your Christie comments.

    Secondly, I agree with you, I do think the Governor should reign in his temper and keep his emotions in check when dealing with the public... to a point. The fact is, if people choose to yell at him and shout talking points with zero consideration for context, I can't blame him for yelling back.

    And let's be honest, your job is not at all similar to the governor of a state. Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back there. I'm neither a teacher nor a governor, but I'd have to guess being governor is slightly more challenging. Sorry.

    Finally, you don't even know what was said to him on the boardwalk. Somehow I doubt an interested citizen approached him with an earnest policy question. Your own bias causes you to already assume that a perfectly innocent citizen was the victim of a vicious attack from the Governor. Once again, a disappointing jump to conclusions from someone whose career it is to inspire rational, inquisitive, and fair-minded thinking.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    I agree. He's the governor of the state of new jersey. He's not going to get much privacy. He needs to be able to censor some of what comes out of his mouth. Again, i like him. I hope he gets it figured out, because I think he's done a lot of good for new jersey. Hell, i'd feel a lot better voting for him for president than Romney. This kind of stuff is pointless though, and cuts your political life short.

    I think some of you are letting your disagreements with Copernicus over teacher pay / union issues color your opinion on this completely separate issue. Shame on you.
    Thank you and I would agree.

    I also would add that teachers pay currently is not "unlivable" like it has been up until the resent past. I just believe it should be cut.

    As far as views on unions. I will not lecture anyone on why unions were established to start. How workers were treated as slaves while names like Carnegie and Rockerfeller continue to live elite lifestyles.

    But I will say that it is tenured teachers who are the first to stand up when they see injustices done to students. When failed policies that hurt children like No Child Left Behind are created by government it is tenured teachers who are the ones that can defend the children without fear of be fired. Society and the children who will eventually not have to be educated under NCLB can thank unions for that.

  13. #33
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    I agree. He's the governor of the state of new jersey. He's not going to get much privacy. He needs to be able to censor some of what comes out of his mouth. Again, i like him. I hope he gets it figured out, because I think he's done a lot of good for new jersey. Hell, i'd feel a lot better voting for him for president than Romney. This kind of stuff is pointless though, and cuts your political life short.
    I agree completely.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    First of all, the rhetorical questions are annoying. You're not DWC, and they bely a certain ansty tone within your comments... as if a seething hatred lies just beneath the surface of your Christie comments.

    Secondly, I agree with you, I do think the Governor should reign in his temper and keep his emotions in check when dealing with the public... to a point. The fact is, if people choose to yell at him and shout talking points with zero consideration for context, I can't blame him for yelling back.

    And let's be honest, your job is not at all similar to the governor of a state. Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back there. I'm neither a teacher nor a governor, but I'd have to guess being governor is slightly more challenging. Sorry.

    Finally, you don't even know what was said to him on the boardwalk. Somehow I doubt an interested citizen approached him with an earnest policy question. Your own bias causes you to already assume that a perfectly innocent citizen was the victim of a vicious attack from the Governor. Once again, a disappointing jump to conclusions from someone whose career it is to inspire rational, inquisitive, and fair-minded thinking.
    I have read your post and will keep your constructive criticism in mind.

    Again, I said my job is similar in the aspect of being in public situations where the public is being rude. Thats all, I am not comparing teaching to running the state of NJ.

    You are correct, I dont know what was said to him on the board walk. I dont know if any other words or actions elevated the situation. Try to remember this the next time you see a teacher on the news being portrayed in a negative way. You see politicians get their media friends to portray teachers in the worst way on the news only. The teacher doesnt have the same means as the politician to defend themselves. There are no cameras rolling when we find out the child threatened the teacher after the fact. Again, try to remember this when you see a portion of what a student recorded and is then used by politicians like Christie in their quest to fire teachers and rid the salaries of all union employees.

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So Christie was verbally assaulted/acosted by a protestor while off-duty and the Gov. rightly told him to de facto go **** himself.

    Nice job Governor. Predictable from the usual Union Thug Supporters, whose comment speaks volumes. Not "teach the kids", but "take care of the teachers".

    The real news here is someone was able to post this BEFORE our resident Christie Obsessive Stalker. Thats amazing IMO.
    And in other developments, shockingly, Warfish defends Christie at all costs because he subscribes to the 2 basic tenants of Warfish idealogy; 1. He busts unions 2. He believes in giving a break to those unfortunate millionaires and billionaires who are trying to earn a living.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 07-07-2012 at 09:03 AM.

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only two things were certain about this story.

    The fat turd was not off duty and on a vacation fully paid for by NJ taxpayers

    AND

    like the right wing thug they all are...attacked assaulted and threatened to have a citizen arrested for exercising his Constitutional right of free speech

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe this was staged. Christie does not want to be offered the VP. This weekend there will be a video of him yelling at an elderly woman.

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't live in Jersey so not sure about those who live in the state feel about him...but I think Christie is great.I mean how often do you have a politician who will actually tell some one to F@@@ OFF.

    I would love to see him as pres one day.Just to see him on the world stage.

    Telling Putin to go to hell.
    Same with Chavez at those Americas meetings

    And before those meetings he can cut some old school wrestling promo's calling them out

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    I agree. He's the governor of the state of new jersey. He's not going to get much privacy. He needs to be able to censor some of what comes out of his mouth. Again, i like him. I hope he gets it figured out, because I think he's done a lot of good for new jersey. Hell, i'd feel a lot better voting for him for president than Romney. This kind of stuff is pointless though, and cuts your political life short.

    I think some of you are letting your disagreements with Copernicus over teacher pay / union issues color your opinion on this completely separate issue. Shame on you.


    Pretty much how i see it, was kind of refreshing in the beginning with some of his remaks but now it is getting old......

    Either he is doing it for the attention or he is extremely thin-skinned and the latter would not be a positive trait for a politician....

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    It amazes me how you protect the right.

    The citizen is heard making a comment about what? Violence? How he intends to harm Christie and his family? No, he expressed his displeasure about Christie's educational policy, nothing else. Christie was in such a vulnerable position, right? He must have been frightened for his life when a citizen commented on educational policies! Christie has how many body guards around him? Yeah, I can see how Christie felt his family was in harms way.....

    You are assuming that something else was said. Why? Because this has never happened before with Christie? Because Christie always acts professional and never flies off the handle? Now the Gov simply asked the guy to "move along?" ROFLMAO!!!! Christie's body guard clearly has his hand on Christie's back pushing him away from the situation after Christie in an angry tone yells "You're a real big shot, you're a real big shot shooting your mouth off." Yeah, that sounds like he simply told him to move along...........
    I am admittedly biased here. I just loves me some Chris Christie. In New Jersey you had a history of corrupt garbage politicians. It has been one piece of crap after another. Christie is the first in years to change the culture. I like his in your face style. You played a video that doesn't show the provocation just the reaction. Your claim that he was yelling about education policy is your opinion. There is no evidence of what actually transpired before the tape. Regardless i'm giving my guy the benefit of the doubt on this one. The reaction didn't bother me. One of my favorite Christie moments is when some woman at a town hall accused him of having no business dealing with the public school situation because his kids are in private school. He put the smackdown on her and it was glorious.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us