Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barry's goose cooked?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Barry's goose cooked?

God, I hope so.

Obama needed a filet mignon in the June employment report. But instead he got a rubber chicken.

Only 80,000 new jobs were created last month, way below Wall Street expectations. It’s the fourth consecutive monthly disappointment. For a few months last winter, jobs were rising at an average of 225,000 a month. But that has sloped way down to only 75,000. The unemployment rate continues at 8.2 percent, which is the forty-first straight month above 8 percent. The U6 unemployment rate, which includes discouraged workers, is just under 15 percent.

As voters finalize their election impressions this summer, all of this is bad news for the Chicago incumbent.

In a campaign stop in Ohio on Friday, Obama actually said we’re still “heading in the right direction.” Is he kidding? As a stagnant GDP drops below 2 percent, employment falters, retail sales decline, and the ISM index for manufacturing drops below 50 (signaling contraction)? No objective observer can deny that the economy is headed in the wrong direction.

I don’t like playing the pessimist, but the numbers are the numbers. This is exactly what former Clinton advisers James Carville, Doug Schoen, and Stanley Greenberg have been warning Obama about. People just don’t believe the economy is getting better. So he’s gotta change his message.

But what change? Taxing rich people won’t create jobs. Neither will bashing Bain Capital. Obama is surrounded by leftist campaign advisers. And it’s hard to see them shifting gears to something constructive like making a summer deal to extend the Bush tax cuts for a year, or heaven forbid backing off the 20-some-odd tax hikes embodied in Obamacare.

In other words, Obama’s goose may already be cooked.

The Joint Economic Committee (JEC), spearheaded by Texas congressman Kevin Brady, put out a report saying that the Obama recovery now ranks dead last in modern times. That’s a real milestone in the post-WWII era. It’s ten out of ten for both jobs and economic growth. According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, real GDP has expanded only 6.7 percent over the eleven-quarter recovery since the recession ended. The Reagan recovery at the same stage had increased by 17.6 percent. The Clinton recovery by 8.7 percent.

As for jobs, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the number of private-sector jobs has grown by only 4.1 percent since the cyclical low point. Reagan’s record was 10.7 percent.

So much for Obamanomics. Didn’t work. Still isn’t working. As the JEC put it, spending stimulus, housing bailouts, auto bailouts, financial bailouts, cash for clunkers, cash for caulkers, and $5 trillion in deficit spending left the Obama recovery dead last in modern times.

Whatever happened to the great boom of the ’80s and ’90s, when the animal spirits were strong and the American economy wasn’t held hostage by Europe or China? In an odd twist, both Obama and his top economist Alan Krueger blame “problems built up over decades.” Does that mean they blame Clinton? Reagan?

For nearly 25 years -- during those bad old decades -- the economy increased 3.3 percent annually. Unemployment dropped from 11 percent to 6 percent to 5 percent to below 4 percent. Obama would swoon for numbers like that. But those statistics come from the era when big government was over, when pro-market forces stopped the expansion of Leviathan, and when marginal tax rates were slashed to grow the economy.

Now the question is, with Obama’s economic goose cooked, does Mitt Romney have what it takes to win the election and provide a pro-growth economic model that will restore prosperity at home and America’s number-one position around the world?

Some powerful figures -- including Rupert Murdoch, Jack Welch, and even my brothers and sisters at the Wall Street Journal editorial page -- have taken shots at Romney in recent days. But I am more optimistic. In response to his critics on the day of the bad June jobs report, Romney talked about expanding energy resources, approving the Keystone pipeline, cutting taxes, and increasing trade with Latin America. He reaffirmed his intention to cut federal spending and eliminate programs.

Basically, Romney is promising a return to free-market, supply-side policies on taxes, trade, regulation, and spending. Hopefully he will embrace a sound and stable dollar as well. I still believe Romney is the most underrated politician in America today, and that he’s the most conservative Republican standard bearer since Ronald Reagan.

http://finance.townhall.com/columnis...oose_is_cooked

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    First, I dislike Obama. He is a socilaist bordering on communist.
    He is a racist.
    He will be re-elected.
    Why? he is a "rockstar". That's all the people care about. He is cool. He is a modern man. He is pandering to everyone. Blacks, Hispanics, women (Republicans have declared a war on women), lazy people (exteended unemployment), the irresponsible (no insurance, now free insurance), students (cheap loans for losers). Everybody (certainly no one of quality) is beholden to him.
    Romney is an honorable but boring guy. No marijauna, coke, crack, alcohol or whoring like Barry. No chance.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    He is a racist.
    He will be re-elected.
    Why? he is a "rockstar". That's all the people care about. He is cool. .
    Bush....

Jug Head.....

And Jug Head is the "cool" one?

Only in the La La rainbow and unicorn world of the panty waist sissy liberal.....

LMFAO........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why? he is a "rockstar".
    The only people who say that are the same people who jizzed in their pants every time they saw GWB clear brush. I know a lot of "libtards" and have NEVER heard anyone describe him as a "rockstar" or a god.

The only people who push the idea that his voters think that of him are Republican and right-leaning media.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I know a lot of "libtards" and have NEVER heard anyone describe him as a "rockstar" or a god.

The only people who push the idea that his voters think that of him are Republican and right-leaning media.

by Ron Futrell
    28 Apr 2012
    91 post a comment
    "Can Romney get on the cover of Rolling Stone?"

This was asked by none other than the brilliant leftist Chris Matthews to his panel of fellow leftists on his syndicated Sunday show.

The show began with Matthews calling Obama a "rock star" and Romney a "square." Bingo. There's that template that is tireless in helping the left get votes for Dear Leader. Later in the show, it was asked why "polls say" Obama will supposedly get the youth vote. I dunno, maybe it has to do with the media mantra?

Chris set the question up by talking about what a "rock star" John F. Kennedy was and how Barack Obama is the new rock star president. We've heard this theme from him before. I think Chris has a very real struggle over whom to worship more, Kennedy or Obama? (But that's another issue.) Earlier in the show, Matthews asked his favorite question, the one he has already asked at least a hundred times during this campaign: "who is the most likable candidate?"

Seriously, I think Chris has a problem and needs some serious psychoanalysis. I'll try a little of it here.

Chris, just because you have to feel a "tingle up your leg" for a politician doesn't mean we all do. You seem to have this bizarre obsession with American's having to fall in love with politicians and follow them with some sort of fawning worship. At one level it's silly, and at another level it's dangerous. Germany loved Hitler. He was their rock star. Every maniacal totalitarian leader first needs the public to be blinded by his "greatness" before he can turn them into serfs.

Or, I can put it this way: if my wife or one of my kids ran for office, I could love that politician, but short of that...

Chris, you should really get this obsession with "loving" politicians checked out. This is not normal.

I don't want a presidential candidate on the cover of Rolling Stone, I want Jimmy Page on the cover of Rolling Stone. I want my president to get out there, do a great job protecting the Constitution and staying out of my life. That's about it. Obama has not done that. I believe Mitt Romney will. I want Rolling Stone to tell me how Led Zeppelin recorded "When The Levee Breaks" in an old British castle in the countryside.

Matthews' panelist Liz Marlantes from the Christian Science Monitor responded to the question of whether Romney could get on the cover of Rolling Stone with this, "I don't think so, well, we'll see, who knows?" I think she was a little shocked by the foolish question.

I will say this to Chris, I don't know if Romney will get on the cover of Rolling Stone, but I do know that if he does, the article inside will be packed with lies. That's part of the template as well.

Tingles leans right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only people who say that are the same people who jizzed in their pants every time they saw GWB clear brush. I know a lot of "libtards" and have NEVER heard anyone describe him as a "rockstar" or a god.

Good job by the previous post and the one after you.
    As usual you are out of touch with reality. You do provide some interesting comic relief from time to time but you do bad research. Not that I would expect good (any) research from you.
    Chris Matthews, BTW, is the KING of left wing flamers and a--holes. And a sissy punk I might add.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    know a lot of "libtards" and have NEVER heard anyone describe him as a "rockstar" or a god.
    I guess you don't have many real liberals (or any African Americans, Women or Hispanics) up there in the town of Butt****nowhere, NY.

Down here, in NoVA/DC, where we actually have alot of liberals, blacks and hispanics, he is referred in such terms regularly. Matter of fact, funny as it is, I heard him referred as just this term Friday.

The only people who use arguments like this isn the face of personal experience are selling something. In this case, you, Obama.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Down here, in NoVA/DC, where we actually have alot of liberals, blacks and hispanics, he is referred in such terms regularly. Matter of fact, funny as it is, I heard him referred as just this term Friday.
    you didn't.

It makes for good conversation that Mr Fish heard libs, Hispanics and blacks call him a rock star the other day. I was at a super-duper liberal fest for the past 3 days and didn't see a single Obama shirt or hear anyone calling him a "rockstar". But Fish in NOVA has his finger on the pulse of ALL liberalism. How dare we question him.

I'll give you that. Good stories...

The only people who use arguments like this isn the face of personal experience are selling something.
    You should get out more. America is bigger than Northern Virginia.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 07-07-2012 at 07:23 PM.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at a super-duper liberal fest for the past 3 days.

Slab City?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpPmT7S4zHE

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I volunteer to trip with PK for a weekend. I will convert him.

I'm bringing my kid up to Buffalo Naval Park in 3 weeks for his boot camp. I have a week to kill in the area. Point me to the good shroomage.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    you didn't.

It makes for good conversation that Mr Fish heard libs, Hispanics and blacks call him a rock star the other day.
    You're just jealous cause you live in the ****ing woods of nowhere Buffalol where they still call minorities "coloreds".

I was at a super-duper liberal fest for the past 3 days and didn't see a single Obama shirt or hear anyone calling him a "rockstar".
    Sure you were. What, you and your Unlce Jerry Lee Bob in your hooch shed?

Tell me again how you REALLY REALLY want to be a Republican.....I love that story.

But Fish in NOVA has his finger on the pulse of ALL liberalism. How dare we question him.
    More liberals here in NOVA than in your backwoods lolburg PK.

You should get out more. America is bigger than Northern Virginia.
    Says the guy who lives in the midle of ****itall nowhere, and probably has never stepped foot in a real City other than Buffalol, Albany (doublelol) and New York?

I'll put my life's travelogue up against your any day ol' backwoods upstate kiddo. Any day, and twice on Sunday. I'd bet you've never even left the country before, other than a quick ride north for some Canadian pot, poutine, and Molson Goldens, eh.
    Last edited by Warfish; 07-07-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Examiner Editorial: Obama has only himself to blame for the dismal economy
    July 29, 2012

Mitt Romney's presidential campaign has been slamming President Obama for a statement he made about the economy in a recent speech: "We tried our plan," Obama said, "and it worked." Taken out of context, it sounds like he is claiming credit for mending the economy. In context, however, it appears that Obama was referring to the Clinton years as the time when Democrats tried "our plan" -- a plan that included raising taxes -- and the economy did well.

As we noted last week, this is a revisionist view of the Clinton era, which produced its greatest economic boom only after Clinton cut taxes on high-income investors and inheritors in 1997. But it's not hard to see why Romney is playing up Obama's quote. It sounds damning because no one in America believes that Obama's economic plan has worked in any sense of the word -- not even the president himself can possibly believe it.

Unemployment remains above 8 percent, nearly double what it was in the Clinton years. Even more dispiriting, prospects for job creation are grim. Friday's report from the Commerce Department shows that he United States economy is barely growing, and that growth is actually slowing down. Growth in the gross domestic product last quarter was a pathetic 1.5 percent on an annual basis -- even though the recession actually ended in 2009.

It may come as a surprise to Obama, but he cannot argue with the numbers. Whatever the merits of unemployment benefits, food stamps, road repairs, bailouts of state and local governments, and giveaways to green energy companies, these policies do not amount to an economic strategy.

In 2010, voters took the meat-ax to Obama's party, largely because of economic concerns. But the voters were not ignorant of how or when the recession began. According to exit polls, only 24 percent of voters blamed Obama for the economic crisis, which occurred before he had even taken office. Much larger numbers blamed either Wall Street or George W. Bush.

The electorate rejected Democrats anyway in 2010, as Obama acknowledged in his famous "shellacking" speech, because people were impatient with the pace of the economic recovery. Obama has now had an additional year and a half at the nation's political helm, and nothing has changed since he delivered that speech -- including the already-failed solutions he continues to propose and implement. The problem remains massive, and Obama has given Americans no confidence whatsoever in his ability to solve it. This, and not some insubstantial gaffe or out-of-context quote, is the real reason Obama is in danger of losing in November.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/examin...rticle/2503460

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is a racist.
    He will be re-elected.
    Why? he is a "rockstar". That's all the people care about. He is cool. He is a modern man. He is pandering to everyone. Blacks, Hispanics, women (Republicans have declared a war on women), lazy people (exteended unemployment), the irresponsible (no insurance, now free insurance), students (cheap loans for losers). Everybody (certainly no one of quality) is beholden to him.
    Romney is an honorable but boring guy. No marijauna, coke, crack, alcohol or whoring like Barry. No chance.
    Disagree - he's not running against out-of-touch old guy (McCain)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I volunteer to trip with PK for a weekend. I will convert him.

He's the smartest guy here, he'll convert you.

Romney has been in Poland for a few hours. Has he told a polish joke yet?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post

Romney has been in Poland for a few hours. Has he told a polish joke yet?
    I wonder if he was dumb enough to reference any Polish Death Camps

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the economy being sluggish, Obama not going left enough for his base and not making any real changes to Bush policies that are unpopular amongst the people in the middle that voted for him run back to the polls will make this a tighter race than people originally thought.

Romney actually is starting to look more presidential, even if his specifics are a bit fuzzy "I want to dramatically increase trade".

I also think that although the possibility still looms large that Romney will be a republican rubber stamp I also think he may work better with the Dems than Obama has worked with the Republicans.

The debates will be interesting, and I think we will have a much better idea of where the election stands.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chicago-based Obama for America hasn't coughed up $35,000 for the cost of providing police protection during the president's February fundraiser in Corona del Mar, leaving Newport Beach stuck with the bill, the Orange County Register (http://bit.ly/MjHJFO ) reported Monday.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/oc-cit...e/feed/2017583

LMAO

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

Smarminess and contrarianism dont equate to smarts.

And I'm a big PK fan.

-
    Last edited by 32green; 07-30-2012 at 11:39 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I wonder if he was dumb enough to reference any Polish Death Camps
    Beat me to it.

Romeny is a tool, no doubt, but it's not like Obama has been that great frankly, outside of his cadre of faithful worshipers. He's actually quite Bush'ian in his public speaking gaffes and inabillity to speak without a prompter and prepared words. The "uh's" he uses just go on and on and on.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I like my chances.