Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson arrested for resisting arrest?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Adrian Peterson arrested for resisting arrest?

The Houston Chronicle reports Adrian Peterson was arrested in Houston on Friday evening for resisting arrest.

Houston is Peterson's offseason home. Details are scant, but his bond was set at $1,000, suggesting he isn't facing any other serious charges. Peterson has no history of off-field issues. Other than being another black eye on an arrest-marred NFL offseason, Peterson's brush with the law doesn't sound likely to have an effect on his availability for the 2012 regular season.
    Source: Jerome Solomon on Twitter Jul 7 - 1:20 PM
    What was he initially being arrested for?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could not enunciate?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Could not enunciate?
    racist.

lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a wild guess but I think alcohol *might* have been involved

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Just a wild guess but I think alcohol *might* have been involved
    He was being arrested for something, otherwise he wouldn't resist arrest.

I believe that as well, and they're taking care of him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    $1,000 bond?!! Couldn't have been anything serious.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with resisting arrest in his offseason hometown of Houston.

Peterson, 27, was taken into custody about 2:30 a.m. CT, according to the Houston Chronicle, which first reported the incident.

Peterson was in the Houston police department's central jail until 10:30 a.m. CT and released on $1,000 bond, according to FOXSports.com's A.J. Perez. The running back was arrested at Bayou Place, which is located in the downtown theater district and bills itself as "Houston's premier dining and entertainment experience."

Houston Police Department spokesperson Kese Smith told The Associated Press that an off-duty officer working security at the nightclub asked Peterson and the people he was with to leave because the club was closed. The officer, who Smith told Associated Press identified himself, left to tell other patrons to leave the club before returning to Peterson's group and making the same request.

Smith said Peterson told the officer he heard him the first time and pushed the officer in the shoulder, causing him to stumble. The officer told Peterson he was under arrest and to put his hands behind his back. According to AP, Peterson began yelling and "assumed an aggressive stance," so another off-duty officer offered help. Peterson continued to struggle with both officers until he was handcuffed with the help of a third off-duty officer. Smith told AP that Peterson complained of shortness of breath after he was taken to a Houston jail. The player was examined by Houston Fire Department personnel, who determined Peterson was fine.

According to the arrest record, Peterson was charged with "Resist arrest/seach-unclassified." The charge is a Class A misdemeanor in Texas, punishable with up to one year in county jail and/or a fine not to exceed $4,000 or up to two years of community supervision.

"We are aware of the situation and are gathering more information," a Vikings spokesperson said. "At this point we will have no further comment.

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/07/07/...mp;feedID=5930

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yo Dawg, I heard you like getting arrested, so we put you under arrest while you were getting arrested, so you could be arrested while getting arrested.

or something like that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like a load of crap to me. Some off duty cop wielding his authority in an unnecessary obnoxious way, being overly aggressive and flexing his off duty muscles in a display of testosterone. ADP has no history of trouble. I give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Not uncommon. Especially in Texas.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    sounds like a load of crap to me. Some off duty cop wielding his authority in an unnecessary obnoxious way, being overly aggressive and flexing his off duty muscles in a display of testosterone. ADP has no history of trouble. I give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Not uncommon. Especially in Texas.
    Stupid asshoIes

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? Think I'll go with the 3 cops on this one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Off duty cop was probably working for the club...

Peterson apologized after the fact, club manager said he was sloshed, etc...

You're looking for something that probably isn't there... Reminds me of Jetdawg...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, harping all over people for having a good time during closing time at a club? Some officer. It took 3 officers to arrest Peterson? A bunch of cowards.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    wow, harping all over people for having a good time during closing time at a club? Some officer. It took 3 officers to arrest Peterson? A bunch of cowards.

I would like to see you make a professional athlete in his prime such as Peterson compliant on your own.

Good Luck.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for this post guys I was going through the same thing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course it HAS to be the cop's fault because multimillionaire athletes in bars are always the perfect gentlemen and never do anything wrong while intoxicated.

I say innocent because he is a Pro Bowler!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Of course it HAS to be the cop's fault because multimillionaire athletes in bars are always the perfect gentlemen and never do anything wrong while intoxicated.

I say innocent because he is a Pro Bowler!
    He's no Braylon Edwards.

This thread is useless without Braylon Edwards.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta love posters who form an opinion without reading the facts.

1) AP was politely asked to leave the club after closing.

2) AP was asked a 2nd time to leave, and then shoved the cop.

3) AP was highly intoxicated (according to cops and club manager).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

I have a super awesome relative that's a police officer. That being said, there are many asshoIe police officers. Nobody can know how it truly went down. The fact that there were 3 police officers the likelihood of all 3 being jerks is lower.

There's also a way to talk to people to get them where you want them to go. Who knows what really happened.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

You're correct on this one. Was reacting without the details. Without going into specifics, a good friend of ours was a police officer in one of the big cities in Texas and the things he tells us that they do/did are mind boggling. Reacting out of prejudice because of that. My bad here. (Not saying there isn't extreme prejudice and corruption in the police department in other states, but it seems rampant there).