Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adrian Peterson arrested for resisting arrest?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You're correct on this one. Was reacting without the details. Without going into specifics, a good friend of ours was a police officer in one of the big cities in Texas and the things he tells us that they do/did are mind boggling. Reacting out of prejudice because of that. My bad here. (Not saying there isn't extreme prejudice and corruption in the police department in other states, but it seems rampant there).
    Somebody hacked DCat's puter again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Somebody hacked DCat's puter again.
    You obviously don't read my posts diligently. Otherwise you wouldn't say that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You obviously don't read my posts diligently. Otherwise you wouldn't say that.
    Damn, I just reread that.

What a dumbass.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, I just reread that.

What a dumbass.

Hey, what more do you want? I admitted that my initial response was an inappropriate knee jerk reaction based on things other than the facts of this event.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with resisting arrest in his offseason hometown of Houston.

Peterson, 27, was taken into custody about 2:30 a.m. CT, according to the Houston Chronicle, which first reported the incident.

Peterson was in the Houston police department's central jail until 10:30 a.m. CT and released on $1,000 bond, according to FOXSports.com's A.J. Perez. The running back was arrested at Bayou Place, which is located in the downtown theater district and bills itself as "Houston's premier dining and entertainment experience."

Houston Police Department spokesperson Kese Smith told The Associated Press that an off-duty officer working security at the nightclub asked Peterson and the people he was with to leave because the club was closed. The officer, who Smith told Associated Press identified himself, left to tell other patrons to leave the club before returning to Peterson's group and making the same request.

Smith said Peterson told the officer he heard him the first time and pushed the officer in the shoulder, causing him to stumble. The officer told Peterson he was under arrest and to put his hands behind his back. According to AP, Peterson began yelling and "assumed an aggressive stance," so another off-duty officer offered help. Peterson continued to struggle with both officers until he was handcuffed with the help of a third off-duty officer. Smith told AP that Peterson complained of shortness of breath after he was taken to a Houston jail. The player was examined by Houston Fire Department personnel, who determined Peterson was fine.

According to the arrest record, Peterson was charged with "Resist arrest/seach-unclassified." The charge is a Class A misdemeanor in Texas, punishable with up to one year in county jail and/or a fine not to exceed $4,000 or up to two years of community supervision.

"We are aware of the situation and are gathering more information," a Vikings spokesperson said. "At this point we will have no further comment.

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/07/07/...mp;feedID=5930
    LOL. In Texas? He is lucky he wasn't shot for that.

This is all much ado about nothing. An apology and endorsement of law enforcement and a couple of autographed balls should make this go to bed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothing good happens after midnight

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    nothing good happens after midnight
    Please. In college, everything good happened after midnight...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last year, Sean Avery was arrested for "shoving a cop" when several cops arrived at his home after complaints about noise from a party.

The evidence later revealed that the cop actually lost his balance and fell on his own and that Avery had nothing to do with it.

Cleary, Avery had/has more of a reputation for being a jerk than does AP.

Just saying we don't know how it went down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last year, Sean Avery was arrested for "shoving a cop" when several cops arrived at his home after complaints about noise from a party.

The evidence later revealed that the cop actually lost his balance and fell on his own and that Avery had nothing to do with it.

Cleary, Avery had/has more of a reputation for being a jerk than does AP.

Just saying we don't know how it went down.
    People tend to side against police. Fact is, you're right, no one will ever know exactly what happened. Police will give their report, AP will give his statement.

Don't put yourself in bad position in the first place.

Like a guy I knew who let a girl into his hotel room who was his friend. His wife found out she went in there, but the guy didn't actually do anything with his friend.

Don't put yourself in bad spots, especially when people are already watching.

And as for police officers, you don't have to be dicks all the time.

I suspect both sides didn't want to give a little to make the problem go away.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    There's also a way to talk to people to get them where you want them to go.
    Speaking from experience I can tell you that it's tough to reason with a drunk, even tougher when the drunk acts an a-hole. This may come as a shocker but not all drunks comply with your directions no matter how polite you are. Believe it or not some drunks at a minimum ignore you or dare you to take off badge to fight them or accuse you of harassment while standing in a puddle of their own urine at a club.

"Law Enforcement, the only profession where those who have never done the job are experts on how to do the job".

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Speaking from experience I can tell you that it's tough to reason with a drunk, even tougher when the drunk acts an a-hole. This may come as a shocker but not all drunks comply with your directions no matter how polite you are. Believe it or not some drunks at a minimum ignore you or dare you to take off badge to fight them or accuse you of harassment while standing in a puddle of their own urine at a club.

"Law Enforcement, the only profession where those who have never done the job are experts on how to do the job".
    Very difficult profession, behind them 100%.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

So true. I've known and dealt with enough "cops" who are grade A assclowns, and the few give a bad rap for the rest who want to do things right.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your experience with cops who take part-time jobs working security at clubs?

Do these guys tend to have a chip on their shoulders and/or do they tend to be less experienced/younger cops?

Having to moonlight may put additional stress on them?

I don't know. Just thinking out loud and wondering.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

+1.....Seems like everyone else But AP made it out of the club without being arrested......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    AP needs to put this in his rear view and come back ready for the season

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is your experience with cops who take part-time jobs working security at clubs?

Do these guys tend to have a chip on their shoulders and/or do they tend to be less experienced/younger cops?

Having to moonlight may put additional stress on them?

I don't know. Just thinking out loud and wondering.
    I don't get how a cop working a club detail turns him into instant a-hole as some are inferring. Yeah the pursuits, man with gun and domestic calls are simple but a club detail? Stress city! Not directed at you jordy but its as if some can't grasp the concept that a guy under the influence can be a uncooperative jerk. Give credibility to a drunken AP over 3 cops who simultaneously had chips on their shoulders because hey AP can run really fast with a football.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get how a cop working a club detail turns him into instant a-hole as some are inferring. Yeah the pursuits, man with gun and domestic calls are simple but a club detail? Stress city! Not directed at you jordy but its as if some can't grasp the concept that a guy under the influence can be a uncooperative jerk. Give credibility to a drunken AP over 3 cops who simultaneously had chips on their shoulders because hey AP can run really fast with a football.
    First of all, the it was an off-duty Houston police officer, not some sort of rent-a-cap that clubs hire.

Second of all, the club manager said AP was so wasted, he couldn't finish a complete sentence.

AP deserved what he got for being a complete ahole in public.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, the it was an off-duty Houston police officer, not some sort of rent-a-cap that clubs hire.

Second of all, the club manager said AP was so wasted, he couldn't finish a complete sentence.

AP deserved what he got for being a complete ahole in public.
    PR is a cop... He was siding with them, not AP...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Please. In college, everything good happened after midnight...
    Yeah, the fire alarm pulled in the middle of good post-midnite stuff I was doing followed by an order to get dressed and evacuate the premises in the middle of a snow storm was even better than the stuff I was doing...