Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hated Jets Players

Anthony Becht, the drive killer with his drops

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You're gonna hate a guy who hasn't even had a snap yet?

Seems a bit unfair. Not that Tebow cares what you think. lol
    Seriously!

Gastineau was another despicable one for his conduct detrimental to the team

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Current- Tim Tebow, Vladimir Ducasse
    How can you hate two guys who have never taken a snap for the Jets?

Aaron Beasley used to piss me off

Keyshawn, Kerry Rhodes, Louie Aguiar, Kyle Brady, Johnny Mitchell, Neil O'Donnel, Dwayne Robertson, Doug Brien

Freeman McNeil was a great player but he used to piss me off with getting too emotionally involved with opposing player..

Injuries happen in football and I recall a game in the late 80s where early on he ran low and took out a Colts linebacker in the knees injuring him..

He sat on the sideline the rest of the game sulking because he hurt the kid... And we could have used him and lost the game...

Again Freeman was great but this was one of a handful of vagina moments where in my book he was a total quitter and let the team and fans down...

Browning Nagle, Leonard Marshall, are two more that come to mind..

And Pat Leahy was one of the big choke kickers ever.. I mean chip shot choke!! and managed to stay on the team for years..

And most recently Gholston for obvious reasons.. He flat out sucked...
    Last edited by GetaLife; 07-09-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Banned
    I wouldn't use the word hate, because at the end of the day, it's only a football game for entertainment purposes. Pete Kendall was also a player that I couldn't stand.

Mulligan is the only player in recent memory I can say I hated. Not just because he sucked, I can accept that some guys don't have the ability. I hated Mulligan because he had the nerve to get in the face of real football players when they got on his case about his latest F-up. Know your place, you scrub.

I still hate Gastineau to this day.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I wouldn't use the word hate, because at the end of the day, it's only a football game for entertainment purposes. Pete Kendall was also a player that I couldn't stand.
    I never had a (Big) problem with Kendall. I'll evaluate situations on a case by case basis, but the Jets screwed the pooch on that one. They played hard ball from a position of weakness and ultimately screwed themselves. They should have ponied up what little cash was required to make the situation a non-issue. Instead, they called Kendall's bluff, put the team in an awful position with having to have Adrian Clarke start and probably poisoned the well for negotiations down the road with Revis (because of Feinsod and Schwartz).

There are times where teams should absolutely stick to their guns and take a hard line with a player. In the Kendall instance, it wasn't the right time.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Rich Kotite.
    Yeah, I know he wasn't a player but my hate bleeds over such classifications.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I never had a (Big) problem with Kendall. I'll evaluate situations on a case by case basis, but the Jets screwed the pooch on that one. They played hard ball from a position of weakness and ultimately screwed themselves. They should have ponied up what little cash was required to make the situation a non-issue. Instead, they called Kendall's bluff, put the team in an awful position with having to have Adrian Clarke start and probably poisoned the well for negotiations down the road with Revis (because of Feinsod and Schwartz).

There are times where teams should absolutely stick to their guns and take a hard line with a player. In the Kendall instance, it wasn't the right time.
    Agreed 100%

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

Yeah, I just couldn't stand his personality for whatever reason, but also couldn't stand Mangini trying to mold his personality after Bill Belichick. In other words, be a complete prick. Sticking a veteran such as Kendall in a rookie dorm room was wrong on Mangini's part.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    A blast from the past. In my section at Shea, we renamed "holding" to "Warding".
    LOL!

I'll add in Johnny Hector. I always felt he took too many carries away from McNeil, to the team's detriment.

All Pro
    Yeah, I just couldn't stand his personality for whatever reason, but also couldn't stand Mangini trying to mold his personality after Bill Belichick. In other words, be a complete prick. Sticking a veteran such as Kendall in a rookie dorm room was wrong on Mangini's part.
    Maybe because he was a wicked smaart ass chowd.

Veteran
    This guy.....when he'd make this face after a screwed up play, I wanted to kick the TV.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Maybe because he was a wicked smaart ass chowd.
    Well, he never played for the Patriots although he was from Massachusetts

All League
    Most hated player on the Jets? Jason Taylor.

I rooter for his jersey number, but couldn't stand him as a person or as a Jet.
    By faaaaaaaaar the most "hated" player to ever wear the Green and White for me no question for obvious reasons.

Sent from my LG-P999

The only, and I mean only, time I ever turned a Jet game off was right after the Ron "fumbles" Moore goal-line incident. You guys know exactly what I'm talking about. That we traded Rob Moore for that a-hole made it that much worse.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MCreighton13 View Post
    Justin McCareins, Plax, Holmes slowly starting to be hated

Shaun Ellis pissed me off for joining the Patriots

Woodhead i don't mind, guy went where the money lead him
    Ellis got 4 million to go to NE vs. league minimum to stay. I don't blame him for that.

Woodhead, we cut. What was he supposed to do, not sign with a team that has a reputation for properly using people?

McCareins used to piss me off. I don't really hate anyone unless they are obviously not trying. Gholston maybe. Richard Todd because the first season I really watched the Jets was the mudbowl.

Banned
    Chad Pennington: The Ultimate C*ck-Tease.
    Looked like a world-beater in 2002, so much so that the press started comparing him to Joe Montana. He sucked every year after that.