Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Offensive Rookie Studs/Sleepers

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Seriously Jordy?

There was never a RB in the NFL that had Campbell's speed, explosiveness, and the pure ability to run over defenders like Earl Campbell.

And I know you saw him play.

You must have watched Campbell play with RamRod's glasses.
    Campbell was very talented however, even for a running back, he had a small window of premium production years.

Seriously Jordy?

There was never a RB in the NFL that had Campbell's speed, explosiveness, and the pure ability to run over defenders like Earl Campbell.

For a short period he was as dominating as anyone Earl campbell.(what a beast) That running style he gave out alot of punishment and received a lot of punishment. That eventually took a toll on E Campbel body and he didn't have any where the career B sanders had. That just silly.

I think IF Bo Jackson would have played football full time and stayed healthy he might have been the best running back to ever play the game. No one had his power and his speed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgYYaL--1qc
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-08-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Both Jim Brown and Earl Campbell were much better RB's than Barry Sanders.

Not even a point worth argueing.
    I'd put Sweetness ahead of Sanders as well. My all time top 10 list would look something like...

10: Marcus Allen
    9: Marshall Faulk
    8: Emmit Smith
    7: Gale Sayers
    6: OJ
    5: Eric Dickerson
    4: Barry Sanders
    3: Earl Campbell
    2: Walter Peyton
    1: Jim Brown

Jets Insider VIP
    Seriously Jordy?

Yes I did.

He was more powerful than Sanders yes, but Sanders was a better RB IMO.

Banned
    Both Jim Brown and Earl Campbell were much better RB's than Barry Sanders.

Not even a point worth argueing.
    Wrong. Jim Brown had a MONSTER offensive line when compared to the laughing stock Barry had behind those Lion offensive lines.

Jim Brown played in 118 games and put up 2,359 carries, 12,312 rushing yards, 5.21 yards per carry, 106 rushing TD's, 262 receptions, 2,499 receiving yards, 20 TD receptions.

B.Sanders played in 153 games and put up 3,062 carries, 15,269 rushing yards, 4.98 yards per carry, 99 rushing TD's, 352 receptions, 2,921 receiving yards, 10 TD receptions.

Jim Brown wasn't better than Barry Sanders. Aren't we using the "Emmitt Smith" rule when judging RB's by their offensive lines? Jim Brown had amazing Cleveland Brown offensive lines. Barry Sanders had laughing stock jokes of offensive lines and still put up those types of numbers. Put Barry Sanders behind those Pittsburgh or god forbid Dallas offensive lines... And it's not even a topic of discussion.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-08-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I'd put Sweetness ahead of Sanders as well. My all time top 10 list would look something like...

10: Marcus Allen
    9: Marshall Faulk
    8: Emmit Smith
    7: Gale Sayers
    6: OJ
    5: Eric Dickerson
    4: Barry Sanders
    3: Earl Campbell
    2: Walter Peyton
    1: Jim Brown
    OJ has to be hire then 6. I have him at 3 behind Peyton. Campbell didn't last long enough to warrant a #3 ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Wrong. Jim Brown had a MONSTER offensive line when compared to the laughing stock Barry had behind those Lion offensive lines.

Jim Brown played in 118 games and put up 2,359 carries, 12,312 rushing yards, 106 rushing TD's, 262 receptions, 2,499 receiving yards, 20 TD receptions.

B.Sanders played in 153 games and put up 3,062 carries, 15,269 rushing yards, 99 rushing TD's, 352 receptions, 2,921 receiving yards, 10 TD receptions.

Jim Brown wasn't better than Barry Sanders. Aren't we using the "Emmitt Smith" rule when judging RB's by their offensive lines? Jim Brown had amazing Cleveland Brown offensive lines. Barry Sanders had laughing stock jokes of offensive lines and still put up those types of numbers. Put Barry Sanders behind those Pittsburgh or god forbid Dallas offensive lines... And it's not even a topic of discussion.
    Brown wasn't better than Sanders?

You know $hit about football.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Campbell was very talented however, even for a running back, he had a small window of premium production years.
    Agree, that's the only downside to Earl Campbell.

Jets Insider VIP

Jim Brown played in 118 games and put up 2,359 carries, 12,312 rushing yards, 5.21 yards per carry, 106 rushing TD's, 262 receptions, 2,499 receiving yards, 20 TD receptions.

B.Sanders played in 153 games and put up 3,062 carries, 15,269 rushing yards, 4.98 yards per carry, 99 rushing TD's, 352 receptions, 2,921 receiving yards, 10 TD receptions.

LOL. What do you know about the Cleveland Browns OL in the 50's-60's?

Banned
    Wrong.
    You are telling me I am wrong about RB's you never saw play in your life?

Continue to throw up you stupid statistics and make yourself look like the fool you are.

Sanders better than Jim Brown?

You are a complete f****** joke.

Go make a stupid rap song and let people who know the game of football, talk about it on the message board.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    OJ has to be hire then 6. I have him at 3 behind Peyton. Campbell didn't last long enough to warrant a #3 ranking.
    #3 is too high for OJ. I agree that I may have Campbell ranked too high. If memory serves he only had 6 or so healthy seasons. Same can be said of Gale Sayers, who may have been top 3 if his career wasn't cut so short.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Mama taught him how to Google on the typewriter.

Banned
    Yes I did.

He was more powerful than Sanders yes, but Sanders was a better RB IMO.
    That's your opinion, and I can respect that.

I still think Campbell was a more complete RB than Sanders.

Barry didn't do too well between the tackles.

Please don't even ask him...right now he's cutting and pasting from Google.

All Pro
    Context, and he was awesome in the Dirty Dozen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6cCXNBeVfc

Banned
    I know enough to know that Jim Brown was blessed with 3 hall of fame offensive lineman in Gene Hickerson, Mike McCormack and Lou Groza. How many HOF Offensive lineman led the way for Barry Sanders and those laughing stock offensive lines? I may have never seen Jim Brown play the game (live), but my grandfather was a die hard football fan who not only raved about Jim Brown himself, but Cleveland's offensive lines. I just consider Barry Sanders as the greatest back of all-time (and that's my opinion). I also wonder what type of career Sanders would've had rushing behind 3 HOF offensive lineman...

Peterson should be in the convo...

Banned
    I know enough to know that Jim Brown was blessed with 3 hall of fame offensive lineman.
    How the hell do you know that?

You were living in your father's ball sack when Jim Brown played.

I know enough to know that Jim Brown was blessed with 3 hall of fame offensive lineman in Gene Hickerson, Mike McCormack and Lou Groza. How many HOF Offensive lineman led the way for Barry Sanders and those laughing stock offensive lines? I may have never seen Jim Brown play the game (live), but my grandfather was a die hard football fan who not only raved about Jim Brown himself, but Cleveland's offensive lines. I just consider Barry Sanders as the greatest back of all-time (and that's my opinion). I also wonder what type of career Sanders would've had rushing behind 3 HOF offensive lineman...
    Took you a long time to Google that. You're slipping.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL.

It's amazing what one can learn in a 20 minute span on Google.

By the way, Groza was a kicker for most of Brown's career. Did you miss that sentence?