Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russian Nuclear-Capable Bombers Intercepted near West Coast

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    That's great.

Doesn't change the fact the we sold weapons to Saddam. Just because other people did it, doesn't make it OK, does it?
    Doesn't your post combined with Dean's mean that we KNEW Saddam had WMDs? I mean if the US and others gave them to them couldn't we say with certainty that we knew they had them? Couldn't we just have handed Saddam a vial of sarin gas and said see, he has sarin gas and then killed him? PROOF!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Living in the wild and in a more traditional manner does not make one a 'savage'.

The Native Americans were a nomadic, tribal people. You dish out a great deal of insults here, mostly it seems due to a pompous and bias state of mind.
    I am not hitting too close am I?
    Not pompous, just realistic. Indians were not always nomadic. The eastern tribes were not at all as an example. Huron, Iroquios, Abenaki were just charming. Much of the violence was initiated by them.
    The western tribes were more mobile. And many also hostile.
    BTW, the Indian wars continued almost unabated fron 1620 to 1890. Longer and costlier in life than modern events.

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    LOL, sounds like when the wife says, "this milk is bad, smell it".

Ok to stray from the party line once in a while PD, Iraq was a disaster, not nearly worth it to "stick it in Islam's ear.

The problem is once in a while you have to show you are willing and able to fight if you want people to listen to you.
    Both sides employed that in Korea. It was a "who's tougher" show. Vietnam was the same. It was an effort to show the Soviets and Chinese that we could waste our men's lives just as easily as they were willing to do to their's. No effort to win a clear objective, just a show. Afghanistan is the same. We could be there another 10 years with nothing to show.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I am not hitting too close am I?
    Not pompous, just realistic. Indians were not always nomadic. The eastern tribes were not at all as an example. Huron, Iroquios, Abenaki were just charming. Much of the violence was initiated by them.
    The western tribes were more mobile. And many also hostile.
    BTW, the Indian wars continued almost unabated fron 1620 to 1890. Longer and costlier in life than modern events.
    Not hitting 'close' at all. Just puzzled about where and how you obtain your 'facts'.

All League
    Zero problem with Afghanistan because of direct link to 9/11. I do think its about time to get out of there as all the blood and taxpayer trillions will never undo centuries of primitive culture and behavior.

Bush had a hard on for Iraq...the no fly zone neutered their (pathetic) air capabilities. Yeah Sadaam slaughtered his own people but there is no shortage of similar tragedies in other countries. Iraq was ZERO threat to US National security. North Korea is batsh!t crazy, rountinely makes war like declarations AND has confirmed WMDs yet Iraq posed more of a threat, yeah riiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Zero problem with Afghanistan because of direct link to 9/11. I do think its about time to get out of there as all the blood and taxpayer trillions will never undo centuries of primitive culture and behavior.

Bush had a hard on for Iraq...the no fly zone neutered their (pathetic) air capabilities. Yeah Sadaam slaughtered his own people but there is no shortage of similar tragedies in other countries. Iraq was ZERO threat to US National security. North Korea is batsh!t crazy, rountinely makes war like declarations AND has confirmed WMDs yet Iraq posed more of a threat, yeah riiiiight.

Iraq was to give Islam a nudge. Plus it's like a lion. Does a lion attack the largest wildebeast? No, it goes for the easy kill. Iraq was easy - Korea a major opponent.