Thread: Two months until Opening Day

Two months until Opening Day

Two months until Opening Day on Sept 9th and of course the first tailgate!!!! Can't Wait for 8AM on 9/9/12!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Two months until Opening Day on Sept 9th and of course the first tailgate!!!! Can't Wait for 8AM on 9/9/12!!!!!!!!
    Its like Xmas morning. I am already planning my food for the day. Spicy barbecue Shrimp and Burgers on Onion rolls with taylor ham, fried egg and carmalized onions. Yummy. CANT WAIT

Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    Its like Xmas morning. I am already planning my food for the day. Spicy barbecue Shrimp and Burgers on Onion rolls with taylor ham, fried egg and carmalized onions. Yummy. CANT WAIT
    Its better... The wife and kids are at home... J/K Reminds me that I need to buy more flag poles...

All Pro
    +1

Nothing else makes me feel like such a kid again. Giddy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Funny you should mention that. Its up all nite with the butterflies churnin, with the anticipation of what the season might bring. Monday nite openers SUCK! Its like waiting till Boxing Day to open your gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by BURGERMIKE View Post
    Funny you should mention that. Its up all nite with the butterflies churnin, with the anticipation of what the season might bring. Monday nite openers SUCK! Its like waiting till Boxing Day to open your gifts.
    Totally, we have the 1PM start this year so no excuses for not going!!

Oh. Flippin'. Yeah!

I am with you. I'm also starting to really look forward to Jets/Giants. A nice casual way to spend a Saturday evening in August. I'm hoping for some nice weather...not too hot, etc....and looking forward to lounging in the parking lot for a couple hours before seeing some of our new guys. And...spoiler alert...I bet we'll get our first live glimpse of the whole Tebow phenomena/insanity.

But then September 9 should be fookin' awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Oh. Flippin'. Yeah!

I am with you. I'm also starting to really look forward to Jets/Giants. A nice casual way to spend a Saturday evening in August. I'm hoping for some nice weather...not too hot, etc....and looking forward to lounging in the parking lot for a couple hours before seeing some of our new guys. And...spoiler alert...I bet we'll get our first live glimpse of the whole Tebow phenomena/insanity.

But then September 9 should be fookin' awesome...
    Def, I would expect Tebow to get a lot of snaps in the Giants game as a regular QB. I like the Sat night games, no traffic and plenty of time to relax and get back in the swing of things.

There's a lot to like about the opening matchup too, because it's a game the Jets should win, but in the process we might get a lot of the offseason questions answered.

Can the Jets get back to a strong running game against a team they've been able to run on very well in recent years?
    Can the tackles holdup against what might be a pretty serious pass rush?
    The Bills do have a good secondary - can Sanchez avoid the momentum-killing turnovers?

On defense, can the Jets replicate their best defensive performance from last year which was in the game @ Buffalo? Other than Fred Jackson, there are no serious offensive threats on that team (assuming Revis controls Johnson).

Would be nice to have a dominant defensive performance out of the gate combined with controlled offense we're all expecting now. That would be like Christmas morning AND getting the gift you wanted.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    There's a lot to like about the opening matchup too, because it's a game the Jets should win, but in the process we might get a lot of the offseason questions answered.

Can the Jets get back to a strong running game against a team they've been able to run on very well in recent years?
    Can the tackles holdup against what might be a pretty serious pass rush?
    The Bills do have a good secondary - can Sanchez avoid the momentum-killing turnovers?

On defense, can the Jets replicate their best defensive performance from last year which was in the game @ Buffalo? Other than Fred Jackson, there are no serious offensive threats on that team (assuming Revis controls Johnson).

Would be nice to have a dominant defensive performance out of the gate combined with controlled offense we're all expecting now. That would be like Christmas morning AND getting the gift you wanted.
    Agreed, great post GreenWave.

Hell mother-flippin' yeah! Can't wait for the Jet/Midget game to kickoff the tailgate season. Wow, only 5 weeks away. Now if we could just get a weekend below 100 freakin degrees I'll be able to begin fixing/upgrading my Jet tailgate mobile. Damn water pump went. Can't complain for a Dodge 5.2 with 200k though.

Then to upgrade the inside. Thinking a green shag carpet, and then need to upgrade the TV inside (and antenna signal). We lucked out this past year with the weather... Not pushing my luck this year. Need to be able to watch the pre-games or earlier games in style if the weather is too nasty to setup outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Hell mother-flippin' yeah! Can't wait for the Jet/Midget game to kickoff the tailgate season. Wow, only 5 weeks away. Now if we could just get a weekend below 100 freakin degrees I'll be able to begin fixing/upgrading my Jet tailgate mobile. Damn water pump went. Can't complain for a Dodge 5.2 with 200k though.

Then to upgrade the inside. Thinking a green shag carpet, and then need to upgrade the TV inside (and antenna signal). We lucked out this past year with the weather... Not pushing my luck this year. Need to be able to watch the pre-games or earlier games in style if the weather is too nasty to setup outside.
    Yes, I think last year overall was the best weather we have had for all 8 games. I guess it had to be since 2010 was one of the worst with all the pregame rain and t-storms.

Only prob with the Shag Carpet is if it gets wet... Some of my flags still have mold stains from being wet in 2010.

Yes, I think last year overall was the best weather we have had for all 8 games. I guess it had to be since 2010 was one of the worst with all the pregame rain and t-storms.

Only prob with the Shag Carpet is if it gets wet... Some of my flags still have mold stains from being wet in 2010.
    Hm, good point... May need to rethink that one.