Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez unable to throw last year?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    I love a dirty Sanchez.

hah?

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    hah?

-
    Lets Talk Football!®

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Lets Talk Football!®
    Was Brian's song more of a love story than we even know?

-

Hall Of Fame
    Lets Talk Football!®
    Hey, thats my status you prick.

Im going to hire Stokes to Suh your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    Actually, you don't have to be a genius or a doctor to see that Mark Sanchez has injured his throwing shoulder several times in his Jets career.

He's not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning so it won't get called, but he gets driven into the ground a lot. In fact, on 3 separate occasions last season players were fined after the game, but not penalized during the game for hits on Sanchez. It's pretty pathetic to watch how the stars are catered to in the sport, but you haven't heard Sanchez complain.

Yep, I've mentioned that a few times here this offseason.

1) Haloti Ngata
    2) Von Miller
    3) Jovan Belcher

The first two for spears and the last one for a late/illegal hit.

Meanwhile, Tawmmy slides to do the football equivalent of drawing a charge on London Fletcher, takes a shoulder hit to the chest, and draws a 15 yard "helmet to helmet" penalty:

There are certain things that you simply cannot challenge as a coach because it is too judgmental or subjective (i.e. pass interference, holding), but IMO you should be able to challenge a bogus call like this. THIS IS NOT A PENALTY. And it's abundantly clear that it is a legal hit.

Fear not, rather than Sanchez having to suffer through those injuries like last year, this year it'll be Tebow Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    hope this isn't Pennington 2.0
    Oh it is. Sanchez was hurt way before that. With the two worst tackles in the game he barely made it out alive. That's why they signed Tebow. He didn't opt for surgery and after a few sacks he will be done.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

With a pinched nerve in his neck his whole arm was probably dead.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hey, thats my status you prick.

Im going to hire Stokes to Suh your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Yep, I've mentioned that a few times here this offseason.

1) Haloti Ngata
    2) Von Miller
    3) Jovan Belcher

The first two for spears and the last one for a late/illegal hit.

Meanwhile, Tawmmy slides to do the football equivalent of drawing a charge on London Fletcher, takes a shoulder hit to the chest, and draws a 15 yard "helmet to helmet" penalty:

There are certain things that you simply cannot challenge as a coach because it is too judgmental or subjective (i.e. pass interference, holding), but IMO you should be able to challenge a bogus call like this. THIS IS NOT A PENALTY. And it's abundantly clear that it is a legal hit.
    when the QB slides he's is giving himself up. At that point the defender is not allowed to hit him. the rule is very clear.

All Pro
    when the QB slides he's is giving himself up. At that point the defender is not allowed to hit him. the rule is very clear.
    I swear Tammy hires a PR firm to manufacture excuses for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I swear Tammy hires a PR firm to manufacture excuses for him.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I said this last week. Old news Plaxico... old news.
    yes you did.

Corroboration from Riker's Island!

If you look back you can find a post of me saying that Sanchez's throwing motion looked like he had a torn labrum or rotator cuff ... Guess I was pretty spot on. I got a whole bunch of ...'and your a doctor?' comments ... Even though I had experienced the injury myself. Hope he just bruised it ... Because if he tore it ... It ain't gonna go away ... Therapy can help .. But it will never be like it was before the injury.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 07-09-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Banned
    If Sanchez couldn't throw the football last season, but still set career highs in completions, passing yardage, completion percentage, TD's, TD to INT ration and QB rating? I'd love to see what Sanchez can do when he's healthy. He may have turned the ball over a lot, but his 32 offensive TD's rank 6th only behind Rodgers, Brees, Stafford, Brady and Newton. If Sanchez was unable to throw the ball last season due to injury, I'm anxious to see what Sanchez can do with a healthy throwing arm/shoulder/neck.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-09-2012 at 10:32 PM.

I knew he was injured as well. It was obvious for most of the second half of the season. When you consider that the deep passing game was his biggest strength in his first 2 years, it's pretty obvious something is wrong when he wouldn't even attempt to throw deep last season.

Bottom line; its put up time for a QB that was drafted 5th overall. He has won some very impressive games during his time but he played horribly last season. I am not sure how his arm issues contributed to his putrid ability to read defenses but I am willing to listen to the correlation.

My biggest concern with Sanchez is his decision making. I also place blame on the Jets for treating him with kid gloves instead of forcing him to earn what he received. Although I am not a fan of the Tebow move that is an area that may benefit Sanchez. But at the end of the day he must read defenses at a more intelligent rate.

I love a healthy Sanchez.
    Aint happening behind a sparano lead line

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Aint happening behind a sparano lead line
    Yea, Sparano will turn Hunter into an All Pro RT.

Poor Sanchez got killed last year, sometimes with guys leading with the helmet and no flags from the refs, that drove me f*cken nuts...of course he was hurt, who wouldn't be?

WTF!