Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez unable to throw last year?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    For his Super Bowl MVPs?
    Knowing what we know now....are there any hollower words than this... in sports?

Mebbe...Belichick...HOF coach. Thats it.

Just sayin.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    Actually, you don't have to be a genius or a doctor to see that Mark Sanchez has injured his throwing shoulder several times in his Jets career.

He's not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning so it won't get called, but he gets driven into the ground a lot. In fact, on 3 separate occasions last season players were fined after the game, but not penalized during the game for hits on Sanchez. It's pretty pathetic to watch how the stars are catered to in the sport, but you haven't heard Sanchez complain.
    Wouldn't have posted mine if I had seen this, it never ends our Jets always get f*cked by the refs

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Knowing what we know now....are there any hollower words than this... in sports?

Mebbe...Belichick...HOF coach. Thats it.

Just sayin.

-
    Rex Ryan promising a SB come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Yep, I've mentioned that a few times here this offseason.

1) Haloti Ngata
    2) Von Miller
    3) Jovan Belcher

The first two for spears and the last one for a late/illegal hit.

Meanwhile, Tawmmy slides to do the football equivalent of drawing a charge on London Fletcher, takes a shoulder hit to the chest, and draws a 15 yard "helmet to helmet" penalty:

There are certain things that you simply cannot challenge as a coach because it is too judgmental or subjective (i.e. pass interference, holding), but IMO you should be able to challenge a bogus call like this. THIS IS NOT A PENALTY. And it's abundantly clear that it is a legal hit.
    Absolutely!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Rex Ryan promising a SB come to mind.
    No one gave him a SB trophy, however.

His admittedly blowhard words....and your trophies, hold equal value.

We still own the honestly won SB's (or World CHampionships, as Tex would say) edge, 1 to 0.

You realize this, no?

-

No one gave him a SB trophy, however.

His admittedly blowhard words....and your trophies, hold equal value.

We still own the honestly won SB's (or World CHampionships, as Tex would say) edge, 1 to 0.

You realize this, no?

-
    Whatever helps you deal. .

Cheating, the refs....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Whatever helps you deal.
    Deal with what?

We are all here and larfing our butts off...on a Jets site...yet the fans of the Pasts* are all here and avoiding the Pasts* sites.

Why is this?

Who is really "dealing" with something?

-

Deal with what?

We are all here and larfing our butts off...on a Jets site...yet the fans of the Pasts* are all here and avoiding the Pasts* sites.

Why is this?

-
    You lost me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

You lost me.
    Yes.

Yes, I did.

-

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yea, Sparano will turn Hunter into an All Pro RT.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. Finally won you over...I mean finally won y'all over.

All League

Question

Deal with what?

Why is this?

-
    Ummmm, if we were as over sensitive to Patriot critiques as you imply we'd never venture away from the pom pom waving Pats site. Au contraire I am hopeful we win * number 4 this year for which you can subsequently mock...it's win, win.

BTW I shudder to think what your clearance rate was on the job using that kind of logic.

when the QB slides he's is giving himself up. At that point the defender is not allowed to hit him. the rule is very clear.
    Then why was the penalty "helmet-to-helmet?"

This isn't a new story. During OTAs, Sanchez mentioned in a couple of interviews that he wasn't able to maintain his lifting regimen during the season because of some of the hits he took, and that it caused him to lose arm strength as the season went on. That was the reason he gave for bulking up this offseason.

All Pro
    Just more excuses. He can't help himself. He's in love.

Banned

See, 32 gets it.

Whats the difference what they called it. He was blatantly trying to injure the games best player! We can't have that!

All League
    Whats the difference what they called it. He was blatantly trying to injure the games best player! We can't have that!
    If he was the games best player, you might have a point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Poor Sanchez got killed last year, sometimes with guys leading with the helmet and no flags from the refs, that drove me f*cken nuts...of course he was hurt, who wouldn't be?

WTF!
    I was in Brussels during this game streaming it on the radio, i swear i thought Sanchez was going to die this game. This kid does have heart.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Wouldn't have posted mine if I had seen this, it never ends our Jets always get f*cked by the refs
    Get real.

How many clutching/grabbing/illegal contact/pass interference penalties does Revis get away with every single game?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Get real.

How many clutching/grabbing/illegal contact/pass interference penalties does Revis get away with every single game?
    No different than Ty Law used to get away with. I have no problem with how either of them play. The rules that have been created are pussifying the game. How good would any QB's in the last 10 years be if they weren't protected? Receivers are the same. They push off every play and never get called.

More directly to your question. The reality is that Revis doesn't get called a lot because if you haven't noticed...his technique is flawless. Take a look at his games. More times than not you'll see receivers initiate contact after 5 yards because Revis is like glue. I don't care what the rules say, a referee in good conscience is not going to call a penalty on a guy if the receiver is initiating contact.

Don't try to knock Revis just because he's arguably a better player than your precious Fag Brady.