Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: Randy Moss - smells like gold underwear.

  1. #21
    Shhh! I'm drafting him in like round 10 of my FFB draft. Nobody's paying attention.

  2. #22
    I will care about Randy Moss and the 49ers for exactly one week: September 24-30. After that, who cares? Aside from the pulled hamstring game, Darrelle Revis has in large part shut down Moss and I expect the same thing to happen on September 30th, so long as Revis moves around with him (as he didn't do in the 2010 Minnesota game and Antonio Cromartie became burnt toast).

    However, I do believe Moss will contribute to the 49ers. They reached the NFC Championship Game, and should have won it if it weren't for Kyle Williams, with really only one receiving threat (Vernon Davis). Now players like Davis and Michael Crabtree will have more room to work underneath while Moss takes the top off the defense. Mario Manningham is a nice addition as well who will make plays out of the slot.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,191
    the only really good thing moss did in his career was finally having enough of Smellichick and the cheating douchebags and evicting himself from the Sucksboro rats nest

  4. #24
    Call me crazy, but I think the Seahawks might be a contender out west this year. They're building a pretty solid defense and it will be up to Matt Flynn to see where they go. Alex Smith had a career year but he and the the entire team is the poster child for a team that could fall back to earth after a crazy peak season.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the only really good thing moss did in his career was finally having enough of Smellichick and the cheating douchebags and evicting himself from the Sucksboro rats nest
    Another vastly intelligent football post by SpunkGoo3.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I will care about Randy Moss and the 49ers for exactly one week: September 24-30. After that, who cares?
    October 7th, vs Bills. December 9th, vs Dolphins. December 16th, @ Patriots. I'll be tuning in.

    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Aside from the pulled hamstring game, Darrelle Revis has in large part shut down Moss and I expect the same thing to happen on September 30th, so long as Revis moves around with him (as he didn't do in the 2010 Minnesota game and Antonio Cromartie became burnt toast).

    I feel Moss can make a strong comeback, but I'd expect Revis to be on Michael Crabtree. By far the 49ers most talented WR heading into 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    However, I do believe Moss will contribute to the 49ers. They reached the NFC Championship Game, and should have won it if it weren't for Kyle Williams, with really only one receiving threat (Vernon Davis). Now players like Davis and Michael Crabtree will have more room to work underneath while Moss takes the top off the defense. Mario Manningham is a nice addition as well who will make plays out of the slot.
    I fully agree with this assessment. SF is pretty much loaded on offense. If Alex Smith can continue to develop/improve/come into his own? Watch out, because Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, Randy Moss and Mario Manningham and Ted Ginn Jr can combine for an explosive group of offensive players.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I think the Seahawks might be a contender out west this year. They're building a pretty solid defense and it will be up to Matt Flynn to see where they go. Alex Smith had a career year but he and the the entire team is the poster child for a team that could fall back to earth after a crazy peak season.
    Crazy. Not a chance the Seahawks win the west or even make the playoffs this season. The Jets have a much better chance of taking the AFC East from the Patriots when compared to the Seahawks taking the West from the 49ers. The 49ers have a great defense in which is returning all 11 starters. They now feature the NFL's best MLB in Patrick Willis (Outside of Ray Lewis who's aging that is).

    You wanna harp all over me for feeling that Antonio Gates would put up a better season (production wise) when compared go Gronkowski? You even went as far as making it known that you'll harp all over that prediction all season long. Well, what comes around goes around. I'll harp over your Seahawks as a possible contender remark during the entire season. This thread is now saved (marked), this way, I can quote the fk out of you BELIEVING the Seahawks actually had a fighting chance of competing with the 49ers.

    Can't wait.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-10-2012 at 01:11 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Crazy. Not a chance the Seahawks win the west or even make the playoffs this season. The Jets have a much better chance of taking the AFC East from the Patriots when compared to the Seahawks taking the West from the 49ers. The 49ers have a great defense in which is returning all 11 starters. They now feature the NFL's best MLB in Patrick Willis (Outside of Ray Lewis who's aging that is).

    You wanna harp all over me for feeling that Antonio Gates would put up a better season (production wise) when compared go Gronkowski? You even went as far as making it known that you'll harp all over that prediction all season long. Well, what comes around goes around. I'll harp over your Seahawks as a possible contender remark during the entire season. This thread is now saved (marked), this way, I can quote the fk out of you BELIEVING the Seahawks actually had a fighting chance of competing with the 49ers.

    Can't wait.
    You're kidding yourself. You'll be permabanned for the 3rd, 4th, 5th time (?) long before this season's done. (Just like you were at TGG and JN and God knows where else.)

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Crazy. Not a chance the Seahawks win the west or even make the playoffs this season. The Jets have a much better chance of taking the AFC East from the Patriots when compared to the Seahawks taking the West from the 49ers.
    You are such a friggn' homer with delusional comments like that.

    There is no way in hell (ZERO CHANCE) that the Jets will win 13+ games this year.

    That's the bare minimum of what the Jets need to do to win the AFCE.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Crazy. Not a chance the Seahawks win the west or even make the playoffs this season. The Jets have a much better chance of taking the AFC East from the Patriots when compared to the Seahawks taking the West from the 49ers. The 49ers have a great defense in which is returning all 11 starters. They now feature the NFL's best MLB in Patrick Willis (Outside of Ray Lewis who's aging that is).

    You wanna harp all over me for feeling that Antonio Gates would put up a better season (production wise) when compared go Gronkowski? You even went as far as making it known that you'll harp all over that prediction all season long. Well, what comes around goes around. I'll harp over your Seahawks as a possible contender remark during the entire season. This thread is now saved (marked), this way, I can quote the fk out of you BELIEVING the Seahawks actually had a fighting chance of competing with the 49ers.

    Can't wait.
    LOL, all I said was they might be a contender. How are you going to be able to crap on me for this? Come back and haunt me for my "possible contender" claim. LOL. I suppose if they absolutely suck and go 4-12 you win. I will be so upset with all of your harping.

    You definitively took Gates over Gronk for TE production in 2012, that's actually a straightforward claim we can talk about. Please, feel free to bookmark this post. I've bookmarked all of your Jets predictions so far that add up to the greatest team of all time.

    Hawks are gonna compete, bro. Deal with it.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-10-2012 at 02:09 PM.

  11. #31

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,136
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Crazy. Not a chance the Seahawks win the west or even make the playoffs this season.

    Can't wait.
    Get over yourself. Seriously.

    This is the NFL. Sh*t flips every year. SEA is one year removed from beating NOS in the playoffs, Alex smith is one year removed from being the laughingstock of San Fran, and you're one year removed from being banned from Chucky Cheese.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Get over yourself. Seriously.

    This is the NFL. Sh*t flips every year. SEA is one year removed from beating NOS in the playoffs, Alex smith is one year removed from being the laughingstock of San Fran, and you're one year removed from being banned from Chucky Cheese.
    +1...

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Well, what comes around goes around. I'll harp over your Seahawks as a possible contender remark during the entire season. This thread is now saved (marked), this way, I can quote the fk out of you BELIEVING the Seahawks actually had a fighting chance of competing with the 49ers.

    Can't wait.
    Go ahead, quote the fk out of it. You should makes it your life's work. How dare someone make a prediction on the internet about the NFL. YOU MUST PROVE HIM WRONG!!!!!

    It's not like you have any plumbing, "croatian" basketball or rapping to do anymore.

    You can do it between trips to Gammy's ala wearing your Dolphins jersey.

  15. #35
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,570
    This thread is quintessential Phail Strip.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Shhh! I'm drafting him in like round 10 of my FFB draft. Nobody's paying attention.
    Oh shlt I forgot!

  17. #37
    This thread's really gone to the dogs...

  18. #38
    The minute Alex looses his 1st 4 games this year I am expecting Kaepernick to throw for 400 yards in his 1st game. Colin was well under rated in that draft. He is actually a better version of Tim Tebow. He is a smart guy that has a strong arm to boot. If they have his mechanics fixed he will be dangerous.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I think the Seahawks might be a contender out west this year. They're building a pretty solid defense and it will be up to Matt Flynn to see where they go. Alex Smith had a career year but he and the the entire team is the poster child for a team that could fall back to earth after a crazy peak season.
    Seattle needs 4 things to win that division.
    1. For them to stay healthy. Yeah you can say that about all teams but Seattle has very very weak depth on that roster.
    2. For Lynch to actually care now they he has his money. Guy has shown attitude in the past and has vanished in games that mean nothing to him.
    3. For very young guys to play up to their talent. A good part of their starters are 3 years and under in. Irvin for one will have to make a huge impact day one. That D is so unproven it is just one big question mark.
    4. For someone anyone to step up at QB. People loved Flynn but he was a blind gamble in you ask me. There is nothing to say he will be any better then TJ. I would actually love to see Wilson get a shot but at 5'11 I doubt he does.

    The chance of all 4 of these happening is extremely rare. I actually think signing Lynch and Flynn where desperation moves. With the schedule they have I'll be shocked if they get 6 wins. SF is so over rated simply because they have a good coaching staff. They may be the most over rated D ever. I have 0 respect for their passing D and that schedule is not going to help. They definitely draw the short straw for schedules in the West. Zona still has a lamb duck coach but they have the schedule advantage. I like SL but they haven't proven jack either. I do think having Shotty as their OC this year is an advantage for them. He may be a bad OC but he does know the east teams very well and has called some of his best games vs division rivals. He doesn't need to score 30 points to beat any of the West teams either. All he has to do is run Jackson into the ground and we all know he can do that.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The minute Alex looses his 1st 4 games this year I am expecting Kaepernick to throw for 400 yards in his 1st game. Colin was well under rated in that draft. He is actually a better version of Tim Tebow. He is a smart guy that has a strong arm to boot. If they have his mechanics fixed he will be dangerous.
    Here we go...

    No and no. Colin's arm was his claim to fame. I'd wager he's been as bad, or worse in shorts and practices as Tebow. Consistently inconsistent in virtually every department thus far since being drafted. He is a lot of things, under rated is certainly NOT one of them. There's some talent there, but he's done nothing to suggest it's gonna come together.

    If (or should I say when) Alex goes down this year, I assure you - it's going to be the Josh Johnson show.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us