Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeebus

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    There a lot of great young exciting players right now in baseball Kemp,Mccutchen,Trumbo,Trout,Harper..just to name a few

But I agree baseball needs to change some stuff

More replay
    try as much as possible to speed up the pace of the game

get some youth around the game no more Berman,Mccarver,Buck..some younger broadcasters

Still with all it's issues give me baseball over the NBA (Which according to ESPN is the best sport in the world) any day
    So true, and so sad how hard they pimp it because they broadcast so many of the nba games as opposed to only a handful in baseball and football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    NL Joke aside, I'm actually surprised he didn't know who McCutchen was.
    For our slower audience members, when a Pirates fan is calling more respect for their star player, it is customary to tease them about their anonymity by pretending to not know who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    So true, and so sad how hard they pimp it because they broadcast so many of the nba games as opposed to only a handful in baseball and football.
    Oh Yeah for sure

Look I am not a ufc fan at all..don't care for it,but they had a huge fight this past weekend that a lot of people were talking about..it took them over 30 minutes to bring it up on sportscenter Sunday morning..cause you know it's more important to have Stephen A Smith on talking about where Dwight Howard might land up

And don't even get me started on them pushing soccer down our throat

All Pro
    Yeah, they all sucked. Really the only entertaining part was George Brett being crazy and Adam Jones mooching all of those ribs he brought with him. Oh, and the Crowd vs Cano thing was fun too. He could have at least hit a gold ball or two out though. Hitting zero is pretty pathetic.

I wouldn't have watched it if McCutchen hadn't been put in though, cause it's usually not very good. It was pathetic how they basically ignored him during his whole turn, while they were so busy talking to Josh Hamilton. I understand Hamilton put on a show 5 years ago and Cutch was a huge underdog, but show a little bit of respect to the guy. They barely even acknowledged that he was hitting.
    Nobody cares about Cutch. He had no business being picked IMO.

There are several other players who would have been better. Love him or hate him, Bryce Harper could've been an interesting pick and I would have liked to see how he performed.

Dan Uggla, Ryan Braun, Chipper... all better picks than McCutchen.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    There a lot of great young exciting players right now in baseball Kemp,Mccutchen,Trumbo,Trout,Harper..just to name a few

But I agree baseball needs to change some stuff

More replay
    try as much as possible to speed up the pace of the game

get some youth around the game no more Berman,Mccarver,Buck..some younger broadcasters

Still with all it's issues give me baseball over the NBA (Which according to ESPN is the best sport in the world) any day

The pace of the game is torturous, and that's really the main thing I was referring to. Sunday night I was watching Yankees - Red Sox, arguably the greatest sports rivalry in the world, and was falling asleep. The pitcher deals a pitch, and it's a ball, so the batter steps out of the box and rearranges his gloves for about 30 seconds, walks around, steps back in, makes sure he's set. The pitcher then stares down the catcher, shakes him off once, twice, finally nods, and goes into the stretch... and deals ball 2. Repeat the above.

Holy crap, I says to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    The pace of the game is torturous, and that's really the main thing I was referring to. Sunday night I was watching Yankees - Red Sox, arguably the greatest sports rivalry in the world, and was falling asleep. The pitcher deals a pitch, and it's a ball, so the batter steps out of the box and rearranges his gloves for about 30 seconds, walks around, steps back in, makes sure he's set. The pitcher then stares down the catcher, shakes him off once, twice, finally nods, and goes into the stretch... and deals ball 2. Repeat the above.

Holy crap, I says to myself.
    Agree with you 100 percent.I'm a die hard Yanks fan and have a hard time watching the Yanks sux games sometimes

Maybe something like when the batter steps in the box,he stays in the box.No time outs,no walking around.Plus enforcing the time a pitcher has between pitches.

Also the catcher shouldn't be allowed to go and talk to the catcher whenever he feels like it.And for the love of god use instant replay.

That's why I feel like they really need some youth at the executive level.As long as you have old guys like Selig and his boys nothing will change.They should be embracing social media,and marketing the hell out of the young stars.

Also this will never happen,but instead of al vs nl which has lost a lot of luster since interleague play I would make the all star game US vs the world like the futures game.Imagine a situation where Rivera would face Jeter to close out the game.So much more exciting.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Nobody cares about Cutch. He had no business being picked IMO.

There are several other players who would have been better. Love him or hate him, Bryce Harper could've been an interesting pick and I would have liked to see how he performed.

Dan Uggla, Ryan Braun, Chipper... all better picks than McCutchen.
    I agree he shouldn't have been there, but he did only miss the cut for the 2nd round by 1 HR and hit more HR than last year's champ Cano. So I would say he at least deserved the same respect that the other hitters got. It at least seemed like they were paying attention during their other interviews. It was just unprofessional.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    For our slower audience members, when a Pirates fan is calling more respect for their star player, it is customary to tease them about their anonymity by pretending to not know who they are.
    I don't believe you. You didn't know who he was. That tends to happen when you only pay attention to your own team.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I thought RA Dickey would be the second NL pitcher, not the ****in 7th. LaRussa can eat a bag of hampurites.

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought RA Dickey would be the second NL pitcher, not the ****in 7th. LaRussa can eat a bag of hampurites.
    Even he doesn't deserve that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

At least I got to watch 7 more close ups of Big Poppy smiling..and hear about Arods friendship with Cabrera.

What exactly are we celebrating here?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    At least I got to watch 7 more close ups of Big Poppy smiling..and hear about Arods friendship with Cabrera.

What exactly are we celebrating here?

I don't remember A-Rod being particularly close to Melky. I'm not sure Buck and Old Man River didn't mean Cano.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't believe you. You didn't know who he was. That tends to happen when you only pay attention to your own team.

All Pro
    I agree he shouldn't have been there
    There is nothing else to say.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    There is nothing else to say.
    Just to clarify, saying he shouldn't have been the top replacement choice isn't saying that he didn't deserve to be there. He does have 18 HR right now, which is the 4th highest total in the NL, so he did deserve to be there. For all we know, he might have been the 8th choice and the top 7 turned down the opportunity.

The fact is that he was invited there, and when he went up to bat, he got disrespected by Berman & co./espn. It just added to the embarrassment of the entire show.

Veteran
    I would have liked to see Adam Dunn in it this year too. Power hitters are too deep in the AL though to just pick 4 and not leave people out. I hope he does well enough next year to get another chance.

I'll link him for Potato; save him some googling.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...dunnad01.shtml
    Last edited by Sharrow; 07-11-2012 at 01:48 PM.