Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The First Tune You Spent Coin to Get?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    WOW!! Let me guess, you also collected garbage pail kids?
    Nope.

I was frickin 9 years old give me a break.

And it is a good song.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Indian Peoples!

I liked that "When Indiannnns Want Me, Lord I Just can't GO Back There" song.

scalpin'

Jets Insider VIP
    Metallica Ride the Lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Somebody HAD to put it on a CD now, no? Or iTunes.

_
    It's all on YouTube. Just download it from there.

First Cassette I bought (in 1985): Crazy from the Heat - David Lee Roth. I couldn't stop playing "Just a Giggolo" in the 2nd grade.

First CD I bought (1991): House of Pain - self titled

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    First Cassette I bought (in 1985): Crazy from the Heat - David Lee Roth. I couldn't stop playing "Just a Giggolo" in the 2nd grade.

First CD I bought (1991): House of Pain - self titled
    Bunch of nancy boys here. I most likely got around 250 albums in my time. I say I actually bought new maybe 2 of them, bought used 100 of them, "borrowed", shoplifted, got from Columbia Record Club with fake address or never returned to library around 150 albums.

Really, a better question would be first album you ever got. Not bought.

BTW I still have it. Otis Redding live at the Wiskey a go go in LA jamming with Jim Morrision of Doors with Jimi Hendrix on Guitar. Great Album cover.

Best Few albums I Own are stamped DJ USE ONLY NOT FOR RESALE, It is illegal to buy or sell this album.

They came in white sleeves, Groups like Madanna back in day gave out a long 12 dance version of song to generate buzz at the super cool clubs in NYC, then after buzz was done, she release album or single and these extended mix dance versions were to be distroyed. I have like ten of them.

First album I paid full price for brand new was Yaz, day it came out. some smoking hot girl in record store told me about amazing new band Yaz that released its first album. Well I actually paid full price the day it came out. BTW Yaz was a kicking band.

First Casette Tape I ever bought (too young for the Album era) with my own cash, i.e. not gifted.

Second was "...and Justice".

Third was Iron Maiden's "Somewhere in Time".

Fourth was Def Leppard's "Hysteria" followed by "Pyromania".

First five, there you go.

Wierd I still remember all that so well, but not what I ate for breakfast this morning.....

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    First Casette Tape I ever bought (too young for the Album era) with my own cash, i.e. not gifted.

Wierd I still remember all that so well, but not what I ate for breakfast this morning.....
    that's an excellent haul.

Big hair metal fan here.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... major tom ...

l_j_r

All League
    The doosh Gene Simmons hooked me at a young age. Couldnt believe you got stuff in an album, it was like cereal and cracker jack!! I was pissed when i bought Aerosmith and Cheap Trick and was shorted!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Metallica Ride the Lightning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Wierd I still remember all that so well, but not what I ate fwor breakfast this morning.....

What, am I on ****ing ignore?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

KISS, KISS........ age 9.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Indian Peoples!

I liked that "When Indiannnns Want Me, Lord I Just can't GO Back There" song.

scalpin'
    The 1st one I actually asked someone to buy for me was All You Need Is Love in 1967. My sister bought it but my older brother stole it (he put his initials on the label)...The next one I bought was Crimson and Clover around the time the Jets won the SB and then Chewy Chewy and the next one after that was Honky Tonk Wimmen from the music store down the street from my skool on Northern Blvd.

(You know, the almost extinct Mini-Sam Ashes that also sold rekkids & sheet music) but they had the pic sleeve version, with the B side title "You can't always get what you want" displayed - I didnt recognize teh band (what were they doing w/ Mama Cass? and a guy? in a girls dress?) ,, didnt see the "London" logo..

I didnt put 2+2 together that was the 45 I wanted and being too naive to ask for the disc by name I settled for "The Israelites". I ended up buying it in Klein's a week or 2 later and "Through The Past, Darkly" and "Bad Moon Rising" thereafter.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 07-10-2012 at 05:42 PM.