Thread: Arian Foster is vegan now

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Arian Foster is vegan now

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/81...ys-going-vegan

Arian Foster says he's a vegan
    Updated: July 10, 2012, 12:54 AM ET
    ESPN.com news services

Less than a month before training camps open, Houston Texans star Arian Foster says he's gone vegan.

Foster, who has 32 total touchdowns in three NFL seasons, made the announcement on Twitter last week.

"Officially a vegan now. We'll see how this goes. But week one down. So far, so good. Feels wonderful," the 6-foot-1, 229-pound running back said of giving up any form of animal products.

News of Foster's diet decision caused a social media uproar.

"People feel so strong about meat and milk. I wish they felt this strong about peace," the two-time Pro Bowler wrote shortly after his original tweet.

Since taking hold of the Texans' starting job in 2010, Foster has run for 2,840 yards on 605 carries (4.7 yards per carry) and caught 119 passes for 1,221 yards. Undrafted out of Tennessee four years ago, he signed a five-year, $43.5 million contract with Houston in March.

I wonder how management feel that RB, who they just signed for 43 mil now switched to carrots and beens instead of meat. However, I may be mistaken -is there known issues for athletes performance after they switched diet that significantly? - RG.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Big News!! Thanks for posting!!

This will change the color of his bowl movements. Please let us know when you find out the new color.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post

ESPN.com news services

Less than a month before training camps open, Houston Texans star Arian Foster says he's gone vegan.

Foster, who has 32 total touchdowns in three NFL seasons, made the announcement on Twitter last week.

"Officially a vegan now. We'll see how this goes. But week one down. So far, so good. Feels wonderful," the 6-foot-1, 229-pound running back said of giving up any form of animal products.

"People feel so strong about meat and milk. I wish they felt this strong about peace," the two-time Pro Bowler wrote shortly after his original tweet.

Since taking hold of the Texans' starting job in 2010, Foster has run for 2,840 yards on 605 carries (4.7 yards per carry) and caught 119 passes for 1,221 yards. Undrafted out of Tennessee four years ago, he signed a five-year, $43.5 million contract with Houston in March.

I wonder how management feel that RB, who they just signed for 43 mil now switched to carrots and beens instead of meat. However, I may be mistaken -is there known issues for athletes performance after they switched diet that significantly? - RG.
    I remember it was big news when Fred Dryer became a Vegan some others of note are Namath,Tony Gonzalez and Ricky Williams..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN.com news services

Yeah good luck keeping on muscle.

What is some people's obsession with poop?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yeah good luck keeping on muscle.

What is some people's obsession with poop?
    You're right. Thinking about another man's muscles is way better than thinking about poop.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN.com news services

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9WOd...e_gdata_player

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You're right. Thinking about another man's muscles is way better than thinking about poop.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Freddy Mercury was a cool gay man, for sure.

He won't be able to keep muscle on. My guess is that the diet lasts a few weeks. Tops.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beans, Quinoa, Lentils, Yougurt...all have plenty of protein. You don't need steak for muscles.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are non-animal protein and other supplements he can take. My guess is he is loading up on soy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    There are non-animal protein and other supplements he can take. My guess is he is loading up on soy.
    Raises your estrogen levels.

One of many

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Beans, Quinoa, Lentils, Yougurt...all have plenty of protein. You don't need steak for muscles.
    If he can keep up his vegan diet in his lifestyle, then he is one of the most disciplined individuals in the league. I don't believe it will last.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he should be more concerned about losing the right side of his offensive line instead of what he does or doesn't eat. He's going to have a rude awakening this season on way or another. He'll stop be a top performer if he can stay healthy, but it won't come as easy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Vegans can't have yogurt sorry. The protein is not the same as meat anyway.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I think he should be more concerned about losing the right side of his offensive line instead of what he does or doesn't eat. He's going to have a rude awakening this season on way or another. He'll stop be a top performer if he can stay healthy, but it won't come as easy.
    Speaking of RBs on the Texans, I'd trade for Ben Tate in a second.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Speaking of RBs on the Texans, I'd trade for Ben Tate in a second.
    As would I. Maybe if ***** Ribs goes down in August, we'll make a play.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    As would I. Maybe if ***** Ribs goes down in August, we'll make a play.
    A one/two punch with Greene, and our backfield would be awesome.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't sleep on Ganaway. Greene's going to have to have a better year than last year to get a new contract here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't sleep on Ganaway. Greene's going to have to have a better year than last year to get a new contract here.
    I hope you're right.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They will ask for a sky.