Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Arian Foster is vegan now

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Priest Holmes says NFL hits changed the sky's color

By Marc Sessler

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Many of us watched former All-Pro running back Priest Holmes slice through defenses for years, but we never saw the game through his eyes.

Holmes says he suffered multiple head-to-head shots during his days with the Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs. Many of those hits left him dizzy. Some left him seeing colors, stars -- other worlds.

"This color obviously isn't going to be blue. It can be a color that can be orange. It can be red. The sky could turn green," Holmes recently told Chris Corbellini of FOXSports.com. "There's even an episode where you see a clear light, like light at the end of the tunnel."

Priest Holmes acknowledged he didn't worry about his health during the prime of his NFL career. He'd reached a mountaintop, finally making a living at football. There's little desire to face the consequences when you're rolling.

Now he has no choice.

"The frontal headaches, the migraines," Holmes said. "Laying in bed, it's tough to get out mornings just because of the pain that is setting in with an arthritic condition, it's things like that that you never would have really thought about."

Players are speaking openly -- and with more frequency than ever before -- about the violent nature of professional football. As lawsuits from former players crop up, the NFL tells us repeatedly that safety is a primary concern.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

My question is how will Foster hold up on a strictly vegan diet with all the inevitable collisions and wear and tear of an Nfl season as the bellcow?

So he'll get all the nutrients from shakes and protein mixes that don't contain any animal proteins. It might be more trouble than its worth. Sure some professional athletes eg trackstars etc may be strictly vegan but Foster is in a contact sport with 300 pound behemoths and 240 pound plus meat eating missiles trying to knock his block off. If he somehow makes it through, more power to him but personally I'm very sceptical about it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Priest Holmes says NFL hits changed the sky's color

By Marc Sessler

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Many of us watched former All-Pro running back Priest Holmes slice through defenses for years, but we never saw the game through his eyes.

Holmes says he suffered multiple head-to-head shots during his days with the Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs. Many of those hits left him dizzy. Some left him seeing colors, stars -- other worlds.

"This color obviously isn't going to be blue. It can be a color that can be orange. It can be red. The sky could turn green," Holmes recently told Chris Corbellini of FOXSports.com. "There's even an episode where you see a clear light, like light at the end of the tunnel."

Priest Holmes acknowledged he didn't worry about his health during the prime of his NFL career. He'd reached a mountaintop, finally making a living at football. There's little desire to face the consequences when you're rolling.

Now he has no choice.

"The frontal headaches, the migraines," Holmes said. "Laying in bed, it's tough to get out mornings just because of the pain that is setting in with an arthritic condition, it's things like that that you never would have really thought about."

Players are speaking openly -- and with more frequency than ever before -- about the violent nature of professional football. As lawsuits from former players crop up, the NFL tells us repeatedly that safety is a primary concern.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

My question is how will Foster hold up on a strictly vegan diet with all the inevitable collisions and wear and tear of an Nfl season as the bellcow?

So he'll get all the nutrients from shakes and protein mixes that don't contain any animal proteins. It might be more trouble than its worth. Sure some professional athletes eg trackstars etc may be strictly vegan but Foster is in a contact sport with 300 pound behemoths and 240 pound plus meat eating missiles trying to knock his block off. If he somehow makes it through, more power to him but personally I'm very sceptical about it.
    Why is drinking a shake so much trouble for an athlete vs. Eating a steak, and how does eating a steak make your body more likely to sustain hits in the NFL? I just don't understand what you are getting at. You can drink a shake and get like 5000 calories and 50 grams of protein out of it, how many steaks would you have to eat for that?

Chad Johnson ad Joe McKnight talk about how much McDonalds they eat, yet you are concerned about Foster going with a healthy diet. Bizarre.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Why is drinking a shake so much trouble for an athlete vs. Eating a steak, and how does eating a steak make your body more likely to sustain hits in the NFL? I just don't understand what you are getting at. You can drink a shake and get like 5000 calories and 50 grams of protein out of it, how many steaks would you have to eat for that?

Chad Johnson ad Joe McKnight talk about how much McDonalds they eat, yet you are concerned about Foster going with a healthy diet. Bizarre.
    I was talking about the ability for his muscle tissue to recover from hits and keep his playing weight up. Here you are stating that eating a steak attracts more hits. Where did you get that from?

Who cares about Ocho and McKnight talking about McD's?

Put plainly it's my personal opinion that such a restrictive diet without animal protein of any sort (no egg/dairy/meat derivatives) would potentially put him at a disadvantage to carnivorous defenders who want to put his lights out. Why are you getting so worked up anyway. Aren't we allowed to have alternative points of view to you?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Who cares what another man eats? Consider me 'not interested' with this type of topic of discussion.

Carry on...
    My goodness why has this thread continued another 3 pages? DWC is not interested! If it's not worth 18 paragraphs it's worth nothing at all. Cease posting people!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan24 View Post
    The rest of this post is some bizarre mixture of straw man and idiocy that I'm not gonna waste my time on.
    I think Urban Dictionary calls it "broscience".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yeah good luck keeping on muscle.

What is some people's obsession with poop?
    +1
    You need protein to maintain that muscle mass. He is going to have to take supplements to death to make up for the loss.