Thread: New Story: Sounding Off: QB Edition

All Jets 24/7
    Post Thanks / Like

Post New Story: Sounding Off: QB Edition

After coming off the PUP list myself, I am ready to spend all season with JetsInsider.com covering the most interesting team in sports. Breaking a bone in my foot and spending the celebratory grace period of graduating on the couch staring outside at the sun has not changed my views on the 2012 New York Jets.

Just like those Jets teams that marched to consecutive AFC Championship Games with a dominant defense and relentless running attack, consistency is key for keeping this blog in order. There will be times where I will take you above and beyond what you expected,...

More...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems better to comment here as I'm not sure most follow the seperate thread. First, it's a pleasure to see JI is off the Tebow circus bandwagon, that was a disappointment when they went there.

Regarding Sanchez, Rex, ****ty, and maybe the whole front office did everything in their power to rid him of the "bad" habits that made him exciting to begin with. Those last drive wins the first 2 years were all about his comfort zone.... reading the defense, scrambling and making plays.

But no, he was supposed to be a franchise QB and so had to do all the traditional stay in the pocket, follow the dictated play, and god forbid, never run. Remember that? Bringing in baseball coaches to teach him to slide? Of course he looked confused at times, everything they were forcing him to "learn" was going against the instincts that make a great player great.

What I'm hearing makes me think Sparano is emphisizing reads and going with his gut, same with the WRs and I guess other players as well. To me that bodes well for a great 2012 season.

I think the biggest worry this year is injured teblow fans if they start shouting for his removal. Jets fans aren't zombies and they aren't going to tolerate that sh!t at the game. They'll whine and moan here on the board, but Sanchez will get a fair shot this year IMHO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow will win us at least three games this year. That's all I care about ... It puts us at 11-5 rather than 8-8.

I personally think the move has potential to play out as genius and gutsy. It could also blow up. I don't think it will negatively affect Sanchez the coddle boy at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Tebow will win us at least three games this year. That's all I care about ... It puts us at 11-5 rather than 8-8.

I personally think the move has potential to play out as genius and gutsy. It could also blow up. I don't think it will negatively affect Sanchez the coddle boy at all.
    Okay, so you like Tebow and not so much Sanchez. That's fine. If you go to games, will you ever, and at what point, would you be feeding the media frenzy by participating in a Tebow chant?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4512578]Seems better to comment here as I'm not sure most follow the seperate thread. First, it's a pleasure to see JI is off the Tebow circus bandwagon, that was a disappointment when they went there.

Seriously? When where any of us on the Tebow bandwagon? Wes wrote an article saying trading for Tebow would be a bad move before it happened (http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/wes...=1500#comments), other than that Wes wrote one article about Namath supporting Sanchez and we both wrote about Tebow's introduction, which is you know kind of our job.

Other than that I've only written one other piece about Tebow & it was all about making fun of Tebowmania & the sensationalism that surrounds it. You clearly didn't actually read the piece that made you make this claim considering I made it clear Sanchez is the starter even though the rest of the media won't let the "competition" story die even though there is no competition. I also stated how I don't see Tebow ever being a starting QB with sustainable success. That piece was written for everyone who was sick & tired of Tebowmania but because you just saw Tebow in the headline you just assumed it was us jumping on the Tebow bandwagon.

Read this ( http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/chr...2102#more-2102 ... actually read it this time,not just the headline), before you make up some nonsense about us jumping on the Tebow bandwagon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to take issue with this part of the article:

Bringing in Tim Tebow only deters Sanchez growth. I do not see how people can see that situation any differently. If we are under the assumption the teamís goal is to win the Super bowl, does anyone actually think 10 plays of Tebow Wildcat is the answer from where the Jets were only two seasons ago?
    Where the team was two years ago included a significant number of 3rd down
    situations for which the answer to keep the drive going was Brad Smith,
    whose wildcat was credible for a run and non-credible for a pass. Tebow
    outdoes Smith as a Wildcat guy both as a runner and as a passer.

No one EVER accused Brad Smith of "deterring Sanchez' growth". I see the
    situation now as simply having a wildcat guy whose pass game is good
    enough to put him at second string QB.

I also seem to be hearing an argument that one wants to have a 2nd string
    QB who is good, BUT NOT TOO GOOD since that would rattle the psyche
    of the first stringer. This argument I simply don't buy, meaning that
    I DO see the situation differently.