Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kill each other, just aim better when kids present

All Pro

Kill each other, just aim better when kids present

Great anti-gang plan Rahm. Take it to an alley. WTF?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/chic...s-get-away-kid

If Chicago's street thugs are going to attack each other, they should take their fight away from innocent children, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel told the CBS Evening News on Monday.

"We've got two gangbangers, one standing next to a kid. Get away from that kid. Take your stuff away to the alley. Don't touch the children of the city of Chicago. Don't get near them," Emanuel -- President Obama's former chief of staff -- told anchor Scott Pelley.

"And it is about values. As I said then [when a 7-year-old girl was shot and killed last month], who raised you? How were you raised? And I don't buy this case where people say they don't have values. They do have values. They have the wrong values. Don't come near the kids -- don't touch them."

At the time of their interview, Pelley put the number of murders in Chicago at 275 so far this year, up 30 percent from a year ago. On Monday alone, nine young people were shot in suspected gang-related violence, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

Emanuel on Monday announced a new effort to "identify, secure and in some cases demolish vacant buildings" to stop gangs from using them as gathering places.

The city said it will spend $4 million to demolish as many as 200 vacant and crumbling buildings located in high-crime areas. Structurally sound buildings used as gang hangouts will be boarded up and eventually put to good use, said a news release on the mayor's website.

The city also has created a "watch list" of businesses such as convenience stores and liquor stores that attract gang members and illegal activity.

Of the 37 businesses on the watch list, 18 have been cited for various violations and are now having their licenses reviewed, the mayor's office said. One of the 18 stores, AM Dollar, had its license revoked last week and will be shuttered.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Wow, Chicago sounds like Newark Jr.

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe he should just outlaw ricochets also.

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Great anti-gang plan Rahm. Take it to an alley. WTF?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/chic...s-get-away-kid

If Chicago's street thugs are going to attack each other, they should take their fight away from innocent children, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel told the CBS Evening News on Monday.

"We've got two gangbangers, one standing next to a kid. Get away from that kid. Take your stuff away to the alley. Don't touch the children of the city of Chicago. Don't get near them," Emanuel -- President Obama's former chief of staff -- told anchor Scott Pelley.

"And it is about values. As I said then [when a 7-year-old girl was shot and killed last month], who raised you? How were you raised? And I don't buy this case where people say they don't have values. They do have values. They have the wrong values. Don't come near the kids -- don't touch them."

At the time of their interview, Pelley put the number of murders in Chicago at 275 so far this year, up 30 percent from a year ago. On Monday alone, nine young people were shot in suspected gang-related violence, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

Emanuel on Monday announced a new effort to "identify, secure and in some cases demolish vacant buildings" to stop gangs from using them as gathering places.

The city said it will spend $4 million to demolish as many as 200 vacant and crumbling buildings located in high-crime areas. Structurally sound buildings used as gang hangouts will be boarded up and eventually put to good use, said a news release on the mayor's website.

The city also has created a "watch list" of businesses such as convenience stores and liquor stores that attract gang members and illegal activity.

Of the 37 businesses on the watch list, 18 have been cited for various violations and are now having their licenses reviewed, the mayor's office said. One of the 18 stores, AM Dollar, had its license revoked last week and will be shuttered.
    Actually, crazy as it sounds, there's some sense to this. It's where the entire concept of "take it outside" comes from - and it's not really all that different to having laws of war. All it is is a cry for people to have some basic level of dignity and humanity. "I'm not asking you to be saints . . . but can you at least not be devils?"

It won't work, but it's not a bad rhetorical comment

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Actually, crazy as it sounds, there's some sense to this. It's where the entire concept of "take it outside" comes from - and it's not really all that different to having laws of war. All it is is a cry for people to have some basic level of dignity and humanity. "I'm not asking you to be saints . . . but can you at least not be devils?"

Wow

Agree to disagree.

Preaching to a criminal gangbanger killer's sense of "values" is akin to preaching to a Nazi Death Camp Soldier's sense of "values".

I'm very suprised you'd find support for such sillyness and, frankly, lack of accountabillity by Rohm, who (after all) is failing horribly to meet the very first premise of Governemnt, to protect the liberty (in this case the very life) of it's constituents.

The Mayor is in a tough spot. The gun lobby has made it impossible to keep guns out of the hands of these gangs. Unless you're willing to take the Bloomberg approach and stop and frisk thousands of kids all the time with no reasonable cause there's pretty much nothing the mayor can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The Mayor is in a tough spot. The gun lobby has made it impossible to keep guns out of the hands of these gangs. Unless you're willing to take the Bloomberg approach and stop and frisk thousands of kids all the time with no reasonable cause there's pretty much nothing the mayor can do about it.
    I get what he's saying and what's happening there is tragic, since it truly is a great city outside of certain areas...

He's fed up...

I won't harp on Rahm for this... But he is trying to appeal to a select group of individuals who do not care... Perhaps the community leaders should take these comments and run with them...

Who knows. It's a lose/lose situation there...

Jets Insider VIP
    He could sell them guns and try to track them.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    He could sell them guns and try to track them.
    Perhaps guns which all leave behind a unique marking like a finger print on the shell casings should have that print registered so they can easily be traced back to the point of sale when used in a crime. Granted very limited right now but at some point we should be able to cheaply finger print guns electronically.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 07-10-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Wow

Agree to disagree.

Preaching to a criminal gangbanger killer's sense of "values" is akin to preaching to a Nazi Death Camp Soldier's sense of "values".

I'm very suprised you'd find support for such sillyness and, frankly, lack of accountabillity by Rohm, who (after all) is failing horribly to meet the very first premise of Governemnt, to protect the liberty (in this case the very life) of it's constituents.
    There's a difference between saying I think a particular line of rhetoric is not entirely crazy and saying I think the guy has done a good job as mayor. Frankly, I don't know enough about Chicago's situation to be able to say; the city certainly sounds like an abysmal ****hole, but then again, I have no idea what the circumstances were when he took office and what impact, if any, he's had or could have had.

That said, there are criminals out there (yeah, even gangbangers) who have respect for kids or old people or their own neighborhoods. There are also total scum who don't care at all. Folks like Al Capone might shoot up your business, but they would try to avoid collateral damage . . . they still had some sense of values, despite being scum.

this thread went Nazi fast

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Wow, Chicago sounds like Newark Jr.
    Grenades are the answer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Drugs laws make all of this violence possible.

Great job, great job.

Jets Insider VIP
    How does the gun lobby keep guns in the hands of criminals? It isn't the legal guns that are the problem here. I am sure that if guns were illegal then criminals just wouldn't have them, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    How does the gun lobby keep guns in the hands of criminals? It isn't the legal guns that are the problem here. I am sure that if guns were illegal then criminals just wouldn't have them, right?
    Exactly.

Just like drugs.

Thanks to values legislation, selling illegal products are much more profitable

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Drugs laws make all of this violence possible.

Great job, great job.
    Agreed.

For once.

All Pro

Doggin, I always look forward to reading your take on things but I disagree completely here. To me it reeks of appeasement, weakness and a tacit acknowledgement that his administration and police force are at the gangs mercy, which they are. Scary and horribly worrisome.

I will not be visiting Chicago for the foreseeable future. Shame, I've really enjoyed my time there in the past but it's more dangerous there than a 3rd world country.

Chicago is the embodiment of how liberal "leadership" is one big fail. Just came back from Houston, where the NAACP conference is being held. I don't recall trying to police the bad actors in the black community being on the agenda, but the horribly oppressive and discriminatory voter ID laws were getting a lot of play. I guess record setting murder rates aren't "disenfranchising" enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Agreed.

For once.
    +1! Who knew that PK was a Libertarian?

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    The gun lobby has made it impossible to have any kind of reasonable regulation, licensing and tracking of guns.

Legal guns are a problem they kill people all the time.

Jets Insider VIP
    There's a difference between saying I think a particular line of rhetoric is not entirely crazy and saying I think the guy has done a good job as mayor. Frankly, I don't know enough about Chicago's situation to be able to say; the city certainly sounds like an abysmal ****hole, but then again, I have no idea what the circumstances were when he took office and what impact, if any, he's had or could have had.

That said, there are criminals out there (yeah, even gangbangers) who have respect for kids or old people or their own neighborhoods. There are also total scum who don't care at all. Folks like Al Capone might shoot up your business, but they would try to avoid collateral damage . . . they still had some sense of values, despite being scum.
    I think you've been watching too many movies. You know stuff like Pretty Woman doesn't happen in real life, right?