Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sapp, Davis, Bellore and Maybin; The Fastest LB Group in Jets History?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    this will be a very good defense but what i also see is enough depth to keep these guys fresh when they go against hurry up offenses of the patsies and others. and the lb's will have the speed to cover guys like gronkowski and hernandez.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I don't think many Jets fans realize how much the talent has been improved up front at the DL and LB positions. People still complain about the LB position, this thread nails it.

Add the mission of Ryan and the coaching staff to get faster this year, players losing weight and being in the best shape of their careers will be HUGE.

The talent added in Coples, Davis, Landry, Bell, and the two kid S's, Bush and Allen, to go along with our emerging talent at LB in Maybin, and maybe Sapp.

The rumors of the philosophy shifting to play more 46 defensive sets makes a lot of sense.

The pass rush has been the biggest Achilles heel of the defense, the one area where Ryan's defenses have lacked, I can easily see this being much improved with the talent upgrade this year.

If this unit stays healthy and players expected to emerge do so, the sky is the limit.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Bellore is fast?

Otherwise good post. Davis has the whole deal, not just speed...it's not groundbreaking here, but I get the feeling that in a few seasons to think we mentioned him with the likes of these other three will seem ridiculous.
    Changing directions 4.0 twenty shuttle

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You seem to put a lot more faith in Sapp than Rex did when he cut him from the practice squad last year.

We don't eve know if Maybin will be playing standing up or with his hand in the dirt. My thinking is that in "obvious" passing downs Rex then goes with the 4-3 and brings Davis and Maybin and Wilson in as a sub package.

Why is is Bellore even mentioned, do you see him surpassing Mauga on the depth chart?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You seem to put a lot more faith in Sapp than Rex did when he cut him from the practice squad last year.

We don't eve know if Maybin will be playing standing up or with his hand in the dirt. My thinking is that in "obvious" passing downs Rex then goes with the 4-3 and brings Davis and Maybin and Wilson in as a sub package.

Why is is Bellore even mentioned, do you see him surpassing Mauga on the depth chart?
    Cutting a player from the PS doesn't always mean its because of the player, Sapp was also never cut from the PS, he was signed to the PS and then the 53 man roster by the end of the year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Bellore is fast?

Otherwise good post. Davis has the whole deal, not just speed...it's not groundbreaking here, but I get the feeling that in a few seasons to think we mentioned him with the likes of these other three will seem ridiculous.
    He is closer to slow. He won't play three downs in the NFL because of his speed. So including him in that group hurts the argument

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm expecting Bellore to have a break out monster year.
    Me too.

I love everything Rex has said about him. Makes me believe we have a soon-to-be All-Pro.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I know I don't have many posts on this board so many won't believe me but I have a very close source that Bellore is now running a 4.6 after a full offseason of proper strength training. If you remember Bellore was clocked above 4.8 during the 2011 Combine.

Nick has been working hard this off-season and has been following a great strength program. We should all be excited to see how much he progresses this year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Well, Nick Bellore isn't blazing fast. Not expecting anything out of Bellore, other than contributing on special teams.
    Then why did you put him in your thread title about " The Fastest LB Group in Jets History?"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by premeteam View Post
    Yes I know I don't have many posts on this board so many won't believe me but I have a very close source that Bellore is now running a 4.6 after a full offseason of proper strength training. If you remember Bellore was clocked above 4.8 during the 2011 Combine.

Nick has been working hard this off-season and has been following a great strength program. We should all be excited to see how much he progresses this year.
    My nipples are hard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My nipples are hard.
    When aren't they????

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    My nipples are hard.
    exact reaction I was looking for!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a roster of 52 Pro Bowlers, minus Mark Sanchez of course.

But in all seriousness, we need either Bellore or Davis to make a big impact this season because Scott is near his death bed in terms of his NFL career.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

3 JETS I'm excited about on D....

Maybin:
    He was pretty much thrown in the fire last season and he still ended up having a strong impact, even with a very limited role... I'm looking forward to see his production increase as his role is expanded... Especially now since he should have a stronger grasp of the Def. system...

Coples:
    Even though I don't know what type of Pro he will shape out to become, I've always been a fan of Butch Davis, as he has proven over time to have a gift in sniffing out talented football players that transition well to the NFL... Just recently saw Coples pro day footage, and I was impressed with how fluid he moves for a big dude... But in all honesty, I'm always excited about our #1 picks...

Pouha:
    I just think he is a great person to have on the DLine to mentor the younger guys... Always seems committed to enhance the cause in a positive way... Dude is also extremely consistent, which I think will ultimately speak volumes to the younger guys...

Honorable mention --- Davis:
    Everyone seems to be really high on his potential and leadership, especially Rex... I'm interested in seeing if the hype is real...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cutting a player from the PS doesn't always mean its because of the player, Sapp was also never cut from the PS, he was signed to the PS and then the 53 man roster by the end of the year.
    Ray, no he was.

Sapp was signed to the New York Jets' practice squad on October 31, 2011.
    He was released on November 21.
    was re-signed to the practice squad on November 28.
    When the season ended for the jets he was placed on the team's 80 man roster

If you go back and look he got re-signed to the squad after the brought up a safety, after cutting Cook after turkey day.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems to have a strong football type of personality as well. It's scary that he performed better during his pro day when compared to the NFL combine (numbers I posted).
    He kinda reminds me of Ray Lewis in terms of his leadership abilities.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.webcitation.org/63PlQm6oi

By Jets Media Relations Department
    Posted Nov 21, 2011

The New York Jets have signed linebacker Eddie Jones to the practice squad and released linebacker Ricky Sapp from the practice squad. The announcements were made by general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    My nipples are hard.
    ****ing tease.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    with a returning B. Thomas, who is not exactly a slowpoke himself
    Stopped reading there.

Thomas was slow-footed when we drafted him, let alone now at 33 and coming off a major injury.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Nick Bellore isn't blazing fast, but this 24 year old kid can move for a linebacker. Not expecting anything out of Bellore, other than contributing on special teams.

I think him and Brick ran the same 40 times..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I think him and Brick ran the same 40 times..
    Well, you thought wrong man.

Ferguson ran a 5.08 coming out.

Bellore ran a 4.84 coming out.

Bellore also ran a 4.0 20 yard shuffle, Vilma ran a 4.20 20 yard shuttle.

Belore isn't blazing fast as in speed, but he's very quick. Had a solid season on special teams coverage. I'm not expecting much of anything from Bellore, other than special teams production.