Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez made a lot of improvements during his 3rd season last year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It just goes to prove that the system, and the rest of the team have a lot to do with how well a QB performs, and that you're a lot more like DWC than you let on. I don't want to see you making fun of Staz anymore.

Yes, for an average QB, the system and the players around him mean a lot. For a very good to elite QB, they can bring up the quality of the players around them and can play in any system other than say putting Brees or Brady in a Cam Newton or Michael Vick style offense.

Stats in football are useless. That was my point of my last post. I have shown plenty of player who had as good or better stats than Mark Sanchez in their third year and went on to do crap or be average.

I have no idea who Staz is. But i respond by saying I don't want to see you making fun of Ziz anymore.

I judge Sanchez based on what I saw, not his stats. He still makes bad decisions. He still get rattled. Unlike in previous years, he isn't finishing strong and winning games after struggling most of the game.

I am nothing like DWC. He posts the unrealistic homer perception of everything. My opinion about Mark Sanchez is the popular opinion of fans, analysts, and players around the league. You can find plenty of articles that trash Sanchez's performance last year far worse than I did. You can have a homer point of view when most of the people who follow football agree with you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Yes, for an average QB, the system and the players around him mean a lot. For a very good to elite QB, they can bring up the quality of the players around them and can play in any system other than say putting Brees or Brady in a Cam Newton or Michael Vick style offense.

Stats in football are useless. That was my point of my last post. I have shown plenty of player who had as good or better stats than Mark Sanchez in their third year and went on to do crap or be average.

It sure helped Steve Young make the HOF..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I judge Sanchez based on what I saw, not his stats. He still makes bad decisions. He still get rattled. Unlike in previous years, he isn't finishing strong and winning games after struggling most of the game.
    The eye test is tough to pass when watching Sanchez. He may have lost his confidence due to poor OL play. This is, as many analysts agree, his make or break season. As Sanchez goes, so go the Jets.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

And what kind of BS statement is "Sanchez has not shown ability to throw from the pocket?" Do you watch any of the games? He has outstanding football mechanics and throws a great ball, and has shown his abilities plenty of times.
    Do you watch the games?????

As DDNY stated earlier, Sanchez is one of the worst pocket passers in the NFL.

After 3 years, he still does not know how to step up in the pocket (his first step is always left or right), locks onto his primary receiver, holds the ball way too long, and ultimately makes poor decisions throwing from the pocket.

The only time Sanchez is an effectiver passer is when he runs play action, naked bootlegs or roll-outs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

keywords = worst pocket

Should read: Sanchez is one of the best worst pocket passers. Garbage OL never gives him a decent pocket.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    keywords = worst pocket

Should read: Sanchez is one of the best worst pocket passers. Garbage OL never gives him a decent pocket.
    Next to Shotty, the OLine is the next biggest scapegoat for Sanchez apologists.

In case you missed it, the Jets OLine has 4 out of 5 Pro Bowl players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

After 3 years, he still does not know how to step up in the pocket (his first step is always left or right), locks onto his primary receiver, holds the ball way too long, and ultimately makes poor decisions throwing from the pocket.

The only time Sanchez is an effectiver passer is when he runs play action, naked bootlegs or roll-outs.
    How many times did you hit the refresh button before your ban was up you pathetic ****ing loser?

You're WRONG chump!!! STFU!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you name them?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

yessir troll dildo

name those FOUR pro bowlers?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    yessir troll dildo

name those FOUR pro bowlers?
    Lol...and you DARE to whine about personal attacks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

You're WRONG chump!!! STFU!

Sanchez had the lowest 3rd down completion percentage of any starting QB in the NFL last year:

I think that we can all agree that elite quarterbacks are able to convert on third downs, right? Well, this is a huge area of concern for Mark Sanchez.

This past season with the Jets, Sanchez completed just 34.4 percent of his third down attempts.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...the-nfl/page/4

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    yessir troll dildo
    Aren't you like 60+ years old? What kind of retiree talks like that?

I'm tired of you and the trolls mixing it up with this immature name-calling. I am so close to banning everyone in this thread.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I'm tired of you and the trolls mixing it up with this immature name-calling. I am so close to banning everyone in this thread.
    Hopefully that's a figure of speech in regards to pretty much making it known that trolling and/or arguing 24/7-non stop... Must come to an end (in regards to everyone). Because with all due respect Rich, I did create this thread, but not to end up getting banned; just wanted to discuss Mark's development over the years and/or his overall progress/improvements of last year. I can't speak of everyone's behalf, but as a poster (as I've done with much of this thread) I can actually agree to disagree with opposing fans (even my own fan base) while talking football with points, examples, statistics etc, etc without the immature name-calling. Hopefully the jack hammer isn't too crushing (I actually enjoy talking Jets football, as crazy as that may sound)...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Hopefully that's a figure of speech in regards to pretty much making it known that trolling and/or arguing 24/7-non stop... Must come to an end (in regards to everyone). Because with all due respect Rich, I did create this thread, but not to end up getting banned; just wanted to discuss Mark's development over the years and/or his overall progress/improvements of last year. I can't speak of everyone's behalf, but as a poster (as I've done with much of this thread) I can actually agree to disagree with opposing fans (even my own fan base) while talking football with points, examples, statistics etc, etc without the immature name-calling. Hopefully the jack hammer isn't too crushing (I actually enjoy talking Jets football, as crazy as that may sound)...
    DWC, you didn't answer my football related, thread related question in post #200

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Unfortunately, you resorted to that as well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Unfortunately, you resorted to that as well.
    I liked the dog with the cigar better.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like banning one of two Jet fans might end 99% of the namecalling.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I liked the dog with the cigar better.
    Really?

Keep in mind, whatever you want, Leo Getz.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Aren't you like 60+ years old? What kind of retiree talks like that?

Why not just ban the guilty ones - beginning with the immature poster that started direct name-calling and accumulated the most violations?

1. Jordy (post#: 37, 67, 71, 134)

2. GuidoYaztremski (post#: 131, 135, 140)
    3. sg3 (post#: 124, 209)
    4. sackdance (post#: 45)
    5. Plumberkhan (post#: 53)
    6. shevys (post#: 63)
    7. Mainejet (post#: 106)
    8. RayRay19 (post#: 207)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Why not just ban the guilty ones - beginning with the immature poster that started direct name-calling and accumulated the most violations?

1. Jordy (post#: 37, 67, 71, 134)

2. GuidoYaztremski (post#: 131, 135, 140)
    3. sg3 (post#: 124, 209)
    4. sackdance (post#: 45)
    5. Plumberkhan (post#: 53)
    6. shevys (post#: 63)
    7. Mainejet (post#: 106)
    8. RayRay19 (post#: 207)
    Someone has way too much time on their hands.

EVERYONE KNOWS who the quilty parties are.