Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 360

Thread: Mark Sanchez made a lot of improvements during his 3rd season last year.

  1. #321
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I never said Sanchez shouldn't shoulder some of the blame. You were the one who said Sanchez should be on his last leg because of "last season's debacle." That is nonsense!

    And don't lump me in with anybody else, I'm not being unrealistic with anything I've said about Sanchez in this thread. If you go back and read my posts, I completely agree he is a player that needs to make the jump and be more consistent, he has all the tools and ability, but he hasn't been consistent enough. This is a big year from him, I agree.
    Of course Sanchez is on his last leg in New York.

    How is this not obvious to you?

    How many f*cking years do you think we're going to commit to this kid?

    If he comes out this season still constantly turning the ball over and making rookie mistakes in his 4th full season as a starter, he'll be done in this city.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Of course Sanchez is on his last leg in New York.

    How is this not obvious to you?

    How many f*cking years do you think we're going to commit to this kid?

    If he comes out this season still constantly turning the ball over and making rookie mistakes in his 4th full season as a starter, he'll be done in this city.
    What do you mean, how many ****ing years?

    It's been 3 years

    2 of them, his FIRST two, we went to the AFFCG. Last year was a conglomerate of issues, most of them not because of Sanchez.

    How ****ing greedy can you be, or expect a fanbase to be?

    One down year, a year that still went to the end of the year, and because there was more dysfunction within the team that eventually forced staff changes, and you want to pin it all on Sanchez?

    Complete BS!

  3. #323
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Of course Sanchez is on his last leg in New York.

    How is this not obvious to you?

    How many f*cking years do you think we're going to commit to this kid?

    If he comes out this season still constantly turning the ball over and making rookie mistakes in his 4th full season as a starter, he'll be done in this city.
    Mike Tannenabum's future with the Jets is linked at the hip to Sanchez' future with the jets. Mr. T was the rainmaker who moved heaven and earth to bring Mark Sanchez here in the first place with his splashy deal making and the only way out of that marriage was to make a play for Peyton Manning. Once that did not work out I think we are left in place where the GM sinks or swims with his QB. For that reason I think Sanchez gets two more years even if he stinks up the joint AGAIN.

    Let's hope he turns the corner and the game starts to slow down for him because right now the problem is between his ears.

  4. #324
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What do you mean, how many ****ing years?

    It's been 3 years

    2 of them, his FIRST two, we went to the AFFCG. Last year was a conglomerate of issues, most of them not because of Sanchez.

    How ****ing greedy can you be, or expect a fanbase to be?

    One down year, a year that still went to the end of the year, and because there was more dysfunction within the team that eventually forced staff changes, and you want to pin it all on Sanchez?

    Complete BS!
    Yeah, 3 years.

    And this will be his 4th year.

    What, are we planning on giving Sanchez 6 or 7 years like Eli in the hopes that he's a late-blooming franchise QB?

    For every Eli Manning, there are 50 David Carr's, Byron Leftwich's, and Jason Campbell's where what you see is what you get.

    Either Sanchez becomes a more efficient, consistent QB this year or it's time to move on to the next one. No more of this flashing every 4-5 games and playing like sh*t in between. That doesn't cut it anymore. We should be past that. Either he steps up and proves that he's capable of being the player we drafted him to be, or next year he'll be competing for a starting job in Minnesota or Arizona.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 07-17-2012 at 11:00 PM.

  5. #325
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yeah, 3 years.

    And this will be his 4th year.

    What, are we planning on giving Sanchez 6 or 7 years like Eli in the hopes that he's a late-blooming franchise QB?

    For every Eli Manning, there are 50 David Carr's, Byron Leftwich's, and Jason Campbell's where what you see is what you get.

    Either Sanchez becomes a more efficient, consistent QB this year or it's time to move on to the next one. No more of this flashing every 4-5 games and playing like sh*t in between. That doesn't cut it anymore. Either he steps up and proves that he's capable of being the player we drafted him to be, or next year he'll be competing for a starting job in Minnesota or Arizona.
    I agree with this to a point..

    I think Sanchez will have to shat the bed in 2012 to be replaced... which I don't think he'll do. He's going to have his good and bad games, but his fate will be determined with how the Jets do this year. As long as the team doesnt fall apart, he's back in 2013. Personally, I think we're going to see him make a small leap. Will it be big enough for the Sanchez haters to back off? Probably not.. but it will be enough to keep the Jets to keep him around

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yeah, 3 years.

    And this will be his 4th year.

    What, are we planning on giving Sanchez 6 or 7 years like Eli in the hopes that he's a late-blooming franchise QB?

    For every Eli Manning, there are 50 David Carr's, Byron Leftwich's, and Jason Campbell's where what you see is what you get.

    Either Sanchez becomes a more efficient, consistent QB this year or it's time to move on to the next one. No more of this flashing every 4-5 games and playing like sh*t in between. That doesn't cut it anymore. Either he steps up and proves that he's capable of being the player we drafted him to be, or next year he'll be competing for a starting job in Minnesota or Arizona.
    3 years, 2 AFCCG's, last year was not on Sanchez.

    His overall body of performance has been solid and trending the right way.

    You can't expect a young QB to be a franchise QB in his first couple of years, it didn't happen for Eli, it didn't happen for many of the elite QB's in the league today and yesterday.

    You need to be patient and realize there is a growth curve, we need to let this kid develop and mature, some of you have no patience.

    I'll take 2 AFCCG's and his progress over most other scenarios.

  7. #327
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    +1 giggity giggity, Carr got shell shocked, Leftwich ate himself out of the QB position, and Campbell got 400 OCs in his first 3 years..sorry been drinking but I'm not far off.

  8. #328
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    3 years, 2 AFCCG's, last year was not on Sanchez.

    His overall body of performance has been solid and trending the right way.

    You can't expect a young QB to be a franchise QB in his first couple of years, it didn't happen for Eli, it didn't happen for many of the elite QB's in the league today and yesterday.

    You need to be patient and realize there is a growth curve, we need to let this kid develop and mature, some of you have no patience.

    I'll take 2 AFCCG's and his progress over most other scenarios.

    The whole playoff argument is literally the only argument that you have.

    Playoff success matters, no question. But Sanchez apologists make it out to be like it's the end all be all.

    You don't make the postseason if you play like sh*t in the regular season. That's just common sense.

    T.J. Yates was close to the Superbowl last season and won the Texans first playoff game in their history as a rookie thrown into the fire. But do you think there are really Houston fans who want to name Yates as the starter ahead of Schaub? Hell no.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Mike Tannenabum's future with the Jets is linked at the hip to Sanchez' future with the jets. Mr. T was the rainmaker who moved heaven and earth to bring Mark Sanchez here in the first place with his splashy deal making and the only way out of that marriage was to make a play for Peyton Manning. Once that did not work out I think we are left in place where the GM sinks or swims with his QB. For that reason I think Sanchez gets two more years even if he stinks up the joint AGAIN.

    Let's hope he turns the corner and the game starts to slow down for him because right now the problem is between his ears.
    Rainmaker who moved heaven and earth? That trade with Cleveland was an absolute steal, Tannenbaum raped Cleveland in that deal.

    Manning was never in play, and without full knowledge of Manning's true health and the associate risks with his health, why should the Jets scrap the Sanchez project after only 3 years?

    I agree, Sanchez is one of Tanny's biggest moves, and his success will reflect on his resume, but it isn't a make or break situation and Tanny's career in my opinion.

    There is nothing wrong with Sanchez between the ears. It's called youth. A young QB that is still developing, both mentally and physically, and from a confidence stand point.

    Based on the fallout articles that have come out about how rigid things were under Schotty Jr, maybe we should consider this when evaluating Sanchez and the entire offense.

    If anything, I'm looking forward to seeing how Sanchez performs under Sparano, who by most accounts, appears to have a leg up on a lot of things compared to Schotty and is getting glowing reports from the players, and comes with a solid football background and pedigree. Any disciple of Parcells is ok by me.

  10. #330
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Sanchez is a kid that was thrown to the wolves, with a great team behind him. Give him a chance and maybe he'll surprise. He's going into his 5th year past HS, of playing football. I personally laugh at all you critics that find fault. Where we're you at 25? Is that the problem? You can't stand the failure you've suffered?.......My rant is over, thank you for your time.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The whole playoff argument is literally the only argument that you have.

    Playoff success matters, no question. But Sanchez apologists make it out to be like it's the end all be all.

    You don't make the postseason if you play like sh*t in the regular season. That's just common sense.

    T.J. Yates was close to the Superbowl last season and won the Texans first playoff game in their history as a rookie thrown into the fire. But do you think there are really Houston fans who want to name Yates as the starter ahead of Schaub? Hell no.
    What other argument do I need? Why is that considered me being an apologist? Sanchez has some very good numbers in the playoffs, do I need to pull a very valid DWC post to prove it? Sanchez did all of it, ON THE ROAD, it should not be understated how difficult it is for a team to perform on the road in the playoffs, and Sanchez has played 6 games, and played very well in 4 of them, against very good teams.

    You're a hater, we get it, your blinded by whatever hatred you have of the player, and you can't handle having an objective discussion on the player.

    TJ Yates only proves my point, he played extremely average and beat a Bengal team playing with a rookie QB of their own, and they won at HOME, that is a huge difference when making any comparison to Sanchez. Houston was also loaded with offensive talent around him, something Sanchez did NOT have last year. This lends credence to my Stafford argument. People are quick to praise Stafford and make comparisons to Sanchez, but given the talent Detroit has around him, how can any comparison be valid? It can't.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 07-17-2012 at 11:21 PM.

  12. #332
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yeah, 3 years.

    And this will be his 4th year.

    What, are we planning on giving Sanchez 6 or 7 years like Eli in the hopes that he's a late-blooming franchise QB?

    For every Eli Manning, there are 50 David Carr's, Byron Leftwich's, and Jason Campbell's where what you see is what you get.

    Either Sanchez becomes a more efficient, consistent QB this year or it's time to move on to the next one. No more of this flashing every 4-5 games and playing like sh*t in between. That doesn't cut it anymore. We should be past that. Either he steps up and proves that he's capable of being the player we drafted him to be, or next year he'll be competing for a starting job in Minnesota or Arizona.
    We just guaranteed his contract for 2013. Didn't I just say that? If he plays that bad, he'll be on the bench, and we draft another QB next year, but he'll be here next year. Sorry to burst your bubble. He didn't play like **** every 4 out of every 5 games either. You just don't like him for what ever reason. He does seem antsy back there, but since we just heard how Schotty likes to make sure no one gets comfortable with the plays, I think that explains a lot.

  13. #333
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Mike Tannenabum's future with the Jets is linked at the hip to Sanchez' future with the jets. Mr. T was the rainmaker who moved heaven and earth to bring Mark Sanchez here in the first place with his splashy deal making and the only way out of that marriage was to make a play for Peyton Manning. Once that did not work out I think we are left in place where the GM sinks or swims with his QB. For that reason I think Sanchez gets two more years even if he stinks up the joint AGAIN.

    Let's hope he turns the corner and the game starts to slow down for him because right now the problem is between his ears.
    T isn't going anywhere, and neither is Rex. You guys are out of your minds. Unless a HOF GM and head coach just stop by looking for work, then you tell me a better unemployed combination out there. So far they're just the winningest GM and coach in Jet history in their first 3 years. Tanny had no NFL background, and Rex was a rookie. They can only get better, and you think they'll be gone. Ridiculous.

  14. #334
    You know I do think he has improved.

    But I have been watching a lot of his gameplay highlights, and seeing his plays back to back to back has left me concerned with a couple things:

    1. His release is very slow. When I think of elite QBs almost every one has a really fast release. But Marks is average at best

    2. Smoothness He is very jittery as a QB. Very mechanical and unnatural looking. There is hope that this is due to the complexities of the Schithead offense, where he had to slow down and be mechanical just to go though the elements of the play.

    I just picture Kurt Warner, or Montana, or Manning and how smooth they are when they play. We do not get that from Mark

    This is his year. Hopefully he will be freed by Sparanos offense, but I have my reservations.

  15. #335
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    You know I do think he has improved.

    But I have been watching a lot of his gameplay highlights, and seeing his plays back to back to back has left me concerned with a couple things:

    1. His release is very slow. When I think of elite QBs almost every one has a really fast release. But Marks is average at best

    2. Smoothness He is very jittery as a QB. Very mechanical and unnatural looking. There is hope that this is due to the complexities of the Schithead offense, where he had to slow down and be mechanical just to go though the elements of the play.

    I just picture Kurt Warner, or Montana, or Manning and how smooth they are when they play. We do not get that from Mark

    This is his year. Hopefully he will be freed by Sparanos offense, but I have my reservations.
    Well he doesn't seem to look that way in the 2 minute drill. I believe they have (had, thank God) a number of set plays for that. If he knows where everyone will be, without having to process that information, I believe we'll see a different QB. Here's to wishful thinking. Can't wait to find out.

  16. #336
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Only a complete dickhead whose mantra on this site is to argue with anybody he doesn't like, would stoop to the level where you jump into a middle of a debate, between two posters, where the exchanges were performed without conflict, for the sole purpose of trolling.

    Once again, YOU, a complete jackass, derails another thread with the same bull**** you pull in every other thread, you turn it into a **** show.
    Trolling?

    FYI, I have been posting in this thread all along. I don't agree with you or DWC. Sorry if that is trolling to you.

    And I didn't realize it was against message board rules to add facts to a discussion.

    How does that post derail the thread? Answer, it doesn't. But it illustrated that a previous point you were trying to make was wrong. And when that happens, and it's someone Ray Ray doesn't like, the name calling and F bombs come out like an angry elf with Turrets Syndrome.

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Trolling?

    FYI, I have been posting in this thread all along. I don't agree with you or DWC. Sorry if that is trolling to you.

    And I didn't realize it was against message board rules to add facts to a discussion.

    How does that post derail the thread? Answer, it doesn't. But it illustrated that a previous point you were trying to make was wrong. And when that happens, and it's someone Ray Ray doesn't like, the name calling and F bombs come out like an angry elf with Turrets Syndrome.
    Your trolling is jumping into the middle of a debate between me and another poster only to inject your bull****.

    My point wasn't wrong, and you have nothing to refute it, it is my opinion, if you don't like it, debate it and I'll debate. But you did no such thing, you were just an *******, as usual.

  18. #338
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Restructure takes existing contract makes slight modifications, no new money or years are introduced.

    New contract extension, new money, new years, took several weeks to complete, and it was done two days into the start of FA.

    What is so hard to understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Your trolling is jumping into the middle of a debate between me and another poster only to inject your bull****.

    My point wasn't wrong, and you have nothing to refute it, it is my opinion, if you don't like it, debate it and I'll debate. But you did no such thing, you were just an *******, as usual.
    You said the Jets simply extended Sanchez and added years and didn't restructure his contract.

    You're wrong.

    There is nothing to debate.

    And maybe if you would respond to me civilly without dropping F bombs and name-calling, it won't get ugly.

  19. #339
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

    I just picture Kurt Warner, or Montana, or Manning and how smooth they are when they play.

    We do not get that from Mark
    This is some funny sh*t.

    You know who else was smooth?

    Marino and Elway and Fouts and Staubach and Baugh and Starr and Unitas and Brady.

    We're just not getting that from Mark.

    _

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You said the Jets simply extended Sanchez and added years and didn't restructure his contract.

    You're wrong.

    There is nothing to debate.
    I'm not wrong. I didn't say the Jets "simply extended Sanchez." You don't even know what you are even ****ing responding to, if you weren't so damn obsessed, maybe you'd comprehend what I post.

    Sec103 said "how long does a restructure take?"

    It was NOT a simple restructure, new years were added, new money was added. THAT is an extension on his original rookie deal, the extension included moving money from this year into future years.

    And maybe if you would respond to me civilly without dropping F bombs and name-calling, it won't get ugly.
    You're full of ****, you have something to say in every thread I post, with the same line of bull****. I'm not the only one who sees this.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us