Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez made a lot of improvements during his 3rd season last year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    Okay here is my take on this whole thread.

Mark Sanchez had a BAD SEASON

Mark Sanchez IMPROVED some aspects of his game

Mark Sanchez is 3RD YEAR QB

Mark Sanchez had a lot of things go WRONG for him last season, some his fault some not.

Mark Sanchez should be BETTER this season as a RESULT of his EXPERIENCE last year.

I don't understand why so many people can't see this point of view. I personally have no problem with it. I choose to believe he Sanchez has the talent and the intangibles to be a championship quarterback; he is still developing and last year he took a step back; it happens Guys. Just give the Kid a chance this year; I think he is going to surprise all of us.
    People can't understand it because so many have a desire to plant themselves on one side of the fence or the other. Everyone has to either defend him to the hilt or rip him to shreds.

Good post man - my feelings on Sanchez well stated.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    People can't understand it because so many have a desire to plant themselves on one side of the fence or the other. Everyone has to either defend him to the hilt or rip him to shreds .

Good post man - my feelings on Sanchez well stated.
    Because that's how the Jets' fanbase and media market operates. This is nothing new.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I'm taking the biggest offense that he took stats from "10 of the first 13" games, which basically means he cherry-picked stats from all the games that weren't a disaster for Sanchez, and then pretended like the last 3 games of the season never happened, and cooked up some impressive STATZ.
    I take offense to you being a liar. That is exactly what he did NOT say, troll.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    I take offense to you being a liar. That is exactly what he did NOT say, troll.
    Perhaps I misquoted the OP in some way, but my fellow posters have done more than enough work in this thread to completely discredit his initial post.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just anxious to see what Sanchez can do while working with actual offensive weapons heading into his 4th season. Last year Sanchez was very limited in regards to his supporting cast (outside of Holmes and Keller). Losing key talents from his sophomore season such as Edwards, Cotchery and even Brad Smith hurt Sanchez and our offense as a whole last season.

Plaxico Burress was completely useless in between the 20's due to A.) An aging factor (34-35) and B.) A shell of what he once was, due to just about 3 years of being away from the game of football while being incarcerated inside of a prison. There's a reason why Plaxico failed to land a training camp invite with the Carolina Panthers this offseason. He's completely done as an NFL outside wide receiver. Burress lost all ability to create separation, wasn't a threat to take the top off the defense in order to create room for Holmes to work underneath and last but not least, was an overall poor #2 outside receiving option for any quarterback, let alone a developing one at that.

I'm very glad to see a washed up Plaxico Burress being replaced by Stephen Hill. Hill may be a rookie, but he's an extremely talented rookie. I'll take my chances with an extremely talented rookie over a completely washed up NFL wide receiver any day of the week and twice on Sunday's. Hill has been ranked as the #2 run blocking WR coming out of this years draft class. Very physical approach to the game. Reminds you of a younger Braylon Edwards in regards to his willingness to get out there and run block. Kid is a 6'4/215+ freakish athlete who runs a 40 yard dash in 4.3 seconds flat. Blazing fast to say the least. Because of his overall speed and explosiveness off the line/out of his breaks, he creates for an immediate deep threat WR on an NFL level. Led the entire Nation in average yards per reception coming out. As a rookie, he doesn't have to put up Calvin Johnson types of numbers, he'll open up the field for players such as Holmes and Keller to work underneath regardless, just due to his deep threat ability/potential. He's also built to create for a potential red zone monster. His 9 3/8’’ arm length is top five at the position coming out of the draft and also features outstanding jumping ability. For a 6'4 outside wide receiver, his jumping ability is scary good. Lets just say, that not even a younger-prime Plaxico could compete with this kids jumping/leaping ability. 39.5'' vertical to go along with an 11'1" broad jump. At 6'4, very strong/physical style of play, top of the line arm length to go along with outstanding jumping ability? He gives Sanchez and our Jets offense a real red-zone weapon.

Now that Sanchez has an actual threat in regards to our number two WR opposite of Holmes in replace of a useless Plaxico (who's still without NFL work), lets take a quick look at Mark's up coming slot Wide Receiver. Enter Jeremy Kerley. Derrick Mason was a washed up has been if I've ever seen one. Nothing left to offer an NFL offense. Mason lacked an ability to create separation, couldn't create for himself in open space at the age of 37 and was completely washed up after 15 years of playing time. He was dreadful for 5 consecutive weeks until A.) Being benched and B.) Being released. Mark Sanchez never had a slot wide receiver during out first 4-5 games. Mason was (and is) done as an NFL wide receiver. After leaving the Jets, he could only manage to combine for 6 receptions, 55 yards and 0 TD's during 7 games of play with Houston. Thank god he's gone.

Now we have a 2nd year player in Jeremy Kerley who seems as if he's built for the slot position. We'll see lots of improvements in regards to an overall chemistry factor between Sanchez and Kerley working out of the slot together. Last season Kerley was thrown into the fire after 5 weeks of backing up Derrick Mason (riding the bench). Mason was the WR getting all the reps with the first string unit during the offseason. Mason was the player who started weeks 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as our starting slot WR etc, etc. This is no longer the case heading into our up coming season. Jeremy Kerley gained experience as a rookie last season. He now has a better understanding of what it takes both physically and mentally in order to contribute as an NFL slot receiver. This kid is very talented/quick/athletic, there's no question about it. The difference when in comparison to his rookie season? We all know Kerley is our starting slot WR heading into the season, which means he'll be given all the reps with our first string offense, he'll build chemistry with Sanchez during Jets-West, he'll develop as our starting slot WR during training camp, he'll start as our slot WR during 4 preseason games and because of this, he'll become a much improved football player heading into week one when compared to being thrown into the fire against the Patriots during week 5 of last season.

You'll be surprised how much having an actual #2 WR and (more) experienced/polished slot WR could actually help the overall development of a developing quarterback.

I loved Tomlinson's leadership ability and loved his overall ability during the 2010 season, and I believe his pass protection will be missed, but it's no secret that L.T was done after 11 future HOF seasons. At the age of 33, it was time L.T hung up the cleats. In comes a younger, more explosive Joe McKnight. Will I consider McKnight an upgrade over Tomlinson? As a player, not a chance. As an athlete? Without question. McKnight as a 3rd year player is still an overall unknown on the offensive side of the ball, but he was also a complete unknown heading into last season. Some even considered him a bust after his rookie season. During his second season, he broke out under a Westhoff led special teams unit, and ended up leading the NFL in yards per kickoff return. If Joe McKnight could breakout under Westhoff during his 2nd NFL season, there's no reason to believe that he can't break out as an offensive factor as a 3rd year player. He's fast, he's quick, he's explosive and could end up being used all over the offensive side of the ball. He's the type of dynamic athlete, where Sparano can line up in the backfield, alongside Tebow in the wildcat formation, coming out of one of the slots opposite of Kerley, being used on screen passes in order to use his open field ability in open space etc, etc. From all the reports I've read, Sparano seems to love this kids offensive talents and has even stated that he's becoming a very strong 'in between the tackles' type of runner. I'm very anxious to see how Sparano uses this kid.

I'm just looking forward to Sanchez developing with an offense full of ability in Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Keller, Greene and McKnight.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-12-2012 at 05:14 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Sanchez improved as a quarterback, despite some pretty awful situations surrounding him; only a complete tool would say otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So I guess you're saying Mike Tannenbaum is a tool?

Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum was blunt in an interview with Mike Francesa on WFAN, saying Sanchez’s growth as a quarterback “isn’t where it needs to be” and adding, “No, he didn’t play well.”
    DWC? Where's your response? Been waiting for a while now.

Isn't this worthy of a dissertation?

Tool.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Good gawd.... I really hope DWC has learned to copy and paste by now...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    great clips, DWC

keep up the great work

GO JETS

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum was blunt in an interview with Mike Francesa on WFAN, saying Sanchez’s growth as a quarterback “isn’t where it needs to be” and adding, “No, he didn’t play well.”
    Don't take it out on me because you're completely clueless in regards to quarterback development. I'll take what an outstanding GM such as Tanny has to say/see's in Sanchez over a completely clueless poster with absolutely no knowledge in regards to overall quarterback development.

It's hilarious (more like down right pathetic) how you conveniently left out the parts where Tannenbaum supported Sanchez by stating, "However, Tannenbaum defended Sanchez as the right choice to lead the team going forward, noting that Sanchez has the right mentality, even if he hasn’t shown the right passing ability. “The thing that I am thrilled about Mark is his intangibles, and his work ethic, and his character,” Tannenbaum said, via Jenny Vrentas of the Star-Ledger. “And no one is more disappointed in the season than he is. I know we have the right person, I know he has the right traits and attributes, I know he is made for this market. He plays better in big games, and we have to cut down on his turnovers, and improve his footwork and decision-making and all the other fundamentals. But he’s the right guy, and I know we’ll see a better Mark out there next year.”

4 years after the drafting of Mark Sanchez, and Tanny and our coaching staff still believes in this kid. Nice job of trying to paint a picture of Tanny throwing Sanchez under the bus, when in all actuality, Tanny was supporting our franchise quarterback.

Yes, we all know that Sanchez played awful during out final 3 games of the season (tell us something that we don't already know) which I also acknowledged during my original post. We all know that Sanchez is disappointed in himself for the ways that the season ended (final 3 games), we all know that Tanny is upset with the ways that the season ended and disappointed in Mark's performance over the last 3 games, but that doesn't changed the fact that Mark Sanchez improved as a quarterback last season, when compared to his first two seasons.

During our final 3 games, Sanchez combined for 67/117, 615 yards, 56%, 5.25 average yards per pass attempt, 5 TD's/7 INT's (9 turnovers) and a QB rating of only 62.5.

So, when negative Sanchez critics harp all over Sanchez as if he had an "awful season", "regressed as a quarterback", "failed to improve" etc, etc it's obvious that they're only talking about the final 3 games of the season, because during our first 13 games of the season; Sanchez combined for 242/426, 2,859 yards, 58.4%, 6.71 yards per pass attempt, 26 offensive TD's/11 INT's with a QB Rating of 85.2.

Final 3 games::: 67/117, 615 yards, 56%, 5.25 average yards per pass attempt, 5 TD's/7 INT's (9 turnovers) and a QB rating of only 62.5.

First 13 games: 242/426, 2,859 yards, 58.4%, 6.71 yards per pass attempt, 26 TD's/11 INT's along with an overall QB Rating of 85.2.

As a pure football fan who understands overall Quarterback development, I'm able to look past Mark's final 3 games of the season (moving forward) in order to see (and discuss) the overall improvements that our quarterback made during our first 13 games of the regular season. I know enough to know, that if Sanchez performed during our final 3 games, as he did during our first 13 games, that we wouldn't be having this discussion as of right now. There would be no question in regards to Sanchez having a breakout season last year (despite the fact he was surrounded by awful situations ala Shotty Jr, Plaxico Burress as a #2, Mason as a slot receiver along with an offensive line melt-down etc, etc).

Some of these negative nay-saying Sanchez critics harp over Mark's final 3 games of the regular season as if he never made large improvements as an overall developing quarterback last season, when in reality, Sanchez improved. The first 13 games (with awful situations) of production doesn't lie.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-12-2012 at 03:45 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez improved as a quarterback, despite some pretty awful situations surrounding him; only a complete tool would say otherwise.

Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum was blunt in an interview with Mike Francesa on WFAN, saying Sanchez’s growth as a quarterback “isn’t where it needs to be” and adding, “No, he didn’t play well.
    DWC? Where's your response? Been waiting for a while now.

Isn't this worthy of a dissertation?

Tool.
    Don't take it out on me because you're completely clueless in regards to quarterback development. I'll take what an outstanding GM such as Tanny has to say/see's in Sanchez over a completely clueless poster with absolutely no knowledge in regards to overall quarterback development.

It's hilarious (more like down right pathetic) how you conveniently left out the parts where Tannenbaum supported Sanchez by stating, "However, Tannenbaum defended Sanchez as the right choice to lead the team going forward, noting that Sanchez has the right mentality, even if he hasn’t shown the right passing ability. “The thing that I am thrilled about Mark is his intangibles, and his work ethic, and his character,” Tannenbaum said, via Jenny Vrentas of the Star-Ledger. “And no one is more disappointed in the season than he is. I know we have the right person, I know he has the right traits and attributes, I know he is made for this market. He plays better in big games, and we have to cut down on his turnovers, and improve his footwork and decision-making and all the other fundamentals. But he’s the right guy, and I know we’ll see a better Mark out there next year.”

4 years after the drafting of Mark Sanchez, and Tanny and our coaching staff still believes in this kid. Nice job of trying to paint a picture of Tanny throwing Sanchez under the bus, when in all actuality, Tanny was supporting our franchise quarterback.

Yes, we all know that Sanchez played awful during out final 3 games of the season (tell us something that we don't already know) which I also acknowledged during my original post. We all know that Sanchez is disappointed in himself for the ways that the season ended (final 3 games), we all know that Tanny is upset with the ways that the season ended and disappointed in Mark's performance over the last 3 games, but that doesn't changed the fact that Mark Sanchez improved as a quarterback last season, when compared to his first two seasons.

During our final 3 games, Sanchez combined for 67/117, 615 yards, 56%, 5.25 average yards per pass attempt, 5 TD's/7 INT's (9 turnovers) and a QB rating of only 62.5.

So, when negative Sanchez critics harp all over Sanchez as if he had an "awful season", "regressed as a quarterback", "failed to improve" etc, etc it's obvious that they're only talking about the final 3 games of the season, because during our first 13 games of the season; Sanchez combined for 242/426, 2,859 yards, 58.4%, 6.71 yards per pass attempt, 26 offensive TD's/11 INT's with a QB Rating of 85.2.

Final 3 games::: 67/117, 615 yards, 56%, 5.25 average yards per pass attempt, 5 TD's/7 INT's (9 turnovers) and a QB rating of only 62.5.

First 13 games: 242/426, 2,859 yards, 58.4%, 6.71 yards per pass attempt, 26 TD's/11 INT's along with an overall QB Rating of 85.2.

As a pure football fan who understands overall Quarterback development, I'm able to look past Mark's final 3 games of the season (moving forward) in order to see (and discuss) the overall improvements that our quarterback made during our first 13 games of the regular season. I know enough to know, that if Sanchez performed during our final 3 games, as he did during our first 13 games, that we wouldn't be having this discussion as of right now. There would be no question in regards to Sanchez having a breakout season last year (despite the fact he was surrounded by awful situations ala Shotty Jr, Plaxico Burress as a #2, Mason as a slot receiver along with an offensive line melt-down etc, etc).

Some of these negative nay-saying Sanchez critics harp over Mark's final 3 games of the regular season as if he never made large improvements as an overall developing quarterback last season, when in reality, Sanchez improved. The first 13 games (with awful situations) of production doesn't lie.

You can't even see what a tool you are.

Tannenbaum said Mark's GROWTH AS A QUARTERBACK ISN'T WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE."

You said he's "IMPROVED AS A QUARTERBACK" and "ONLY A COMPLETE TOOL WOULD SAY OTHERWISE."

His intangibles? He's the right guy to lead the team? That's your rebuttal argument? LOL

Are you really THAT dense?? Can you not admit that you said something ridiculously stupid??

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

So the last three games of 2011 should be disregarded because they are a small sample size when compared to his body of work during the season? Fair enough.

But does your criteria also apply to the 2009 and 2010 seasons? Can we exclude his last 3 games played in those seasons (ie the playoffs) when we evaluate his performance?

I'd be fascinated to know why the 3 game sample size last year is irrelevant to judging him in 2011 while his playoff resume (also 3 games in each of 09 and 10) is incredibly important when drawing conclusions on Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't even see what a tool you are.

Tannenbaum said Mark's GROWTH AS A QUARTERBACK ISN'T WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE."

You said he's "IMPROVED AS A QUARTERBACK" and "ONLY A COMPLETE TOOL WOULD SAY OTHERWISE."

His intangibles? He's the right guy to lead the team? That's your rebuttal argument? LOL

Are you really THAT dense?? Can you not admit that you said something ridiculously stupid??
    It's okay to criticize Mark thus far...

It's okay to feel confident he's shown flashes that he can be a decent to above average NFL quarterback...

Middle ground should be met from both sides but never is...

I'm in wait and see mode for the 2nd year in a row... I give him a pass for last year, because as a fan, that's my right...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    It's okay to criticize Mark thus far...

It's okay to feel confident he's shown flashes that he can be a decent to above average NFL quarterback...

Middle ground should be met from both sides but never is...

I'm in wait and see mode for the 2nd year in a row... I give him a pass for last year, because as a fan, that's my right...
    Understood. Same here.

My comments are completely isolated as to DWC's contention that Sanchez improved as a QB and only a complete tool would say otherwise. Considering his own GM admitted that he hasn't I think speaks volumes as to that contention.

If someone wants to say that as their opinion, that's fine. We can disagree but have mutual respect.

But to shove opinions down our throats as if they are facts and then to label people as tools if they disagree, that's something else altogether.
    Last edited by Jordy; 07-12-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    what can one do

I like DWC and what he posts

AND

I like Jordy and what he posts

Both passionate and loyal Jet fans

GO JETS

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    what can one do

I like DWC and what he posts

AND

I like Jordy and what he posts

Both passionate and loyal Jet fans

GO JETS

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tannenbaum is correct, his growth as a developing quarterback isn't where it needs to be (as of right now), but then again; no quarterback in the history of the NFL has ever been where they've "needed to be" after only 3 seasons of developing.

It took Tom Brady 5 years before he ever posted a Seasonal QB rating of 90+. It took Eli Manning until his 6th year before he ever posted a seasonal QB rating of 90+. Aaron Rodgers never started until his 4th year in the league. It took Jim Kelly until his 5th season before posting a seasonal QB rating of 90+. It even took Joe Montana until his 5th year before posing a seasonal rating of 90+. None of those quarterbacks (great quarterbacks) were where they "needed to be" after only 3 seasons of NFL development. As I've stated once, and will continue to state until you understand the game of football Jordy; You're completely clueless in regards to overall quarterback development when it comes to a developing quarterback.

That still doesn't change the fact that A.) Sanchez has improved each of his first 3 seasons (as a developing quarterback) in regards to completions, passing yardage, completion percentage, TD's, TD to INT ratio, overall QB Rating and B.) Improved as a quarterback last season despite an awful final 3 games to the season.

We all know he had an awful 3 games ending the season, but that still doesn't change the fact that Sanchez went 242/426, 2,859 yards, 58.4%, 6.71 yards per pass attempt, 26 TD's/11 INT's along with an overall QB Rating of 85.2 during our first 13 games last season.

It's pathetic how you've completely ignored the fact(s) that one of Mark's favorite offensive weapons in Braylon Edwards was replaced by an aging, completely useless, worthless, outside number two WR when inside the 20's in Plaxico Burress. One of our most consistent WR's (in recent memory) in Jerricho Cotchery was taken away from Mark Sanchez in replace of a completely washed up shell of what he once was in a 37 year old Derrick Mason for 4-5 weeks as our starting slot WR, following by the throwing of a raw 5th round rookie in Jeremy Kerley into the fire as Mark's starting slot WR moving forward. An offensive line disaster being led by Wayne Hunter, Ferguson having his worst overall season since his rookie year of 2006, Mangold getting hurt, missing games, while taking a couple weeks of getting back to previous form, the playing (starting) of an undrafted rookie Center in Baxter (who became another complete disaster), Brandon Moore was recovering from offseason hip surgery etc, etc along with a run game that was non existent.

None of this could prevent Mark Sanchez from improving as an overall Quarterback, despite the awful situations in which were surrounding him, while still throwing for 242/426, 2,859 yards, 58.4%, 6.71 yards per pass attempt, 26 TD's/11 INT's along with an overall QB Rating of 85.2 during our first 13 games of the season.

Yes, Mark Sanchez had an awful 3 games to end the regular season, tell us something that we don't already know Jorday

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tannenbaum is correct, his growth as a developing quarterback isn't where it needs to be (as of right now), but then again; no quarterback in the history of the NFL has ever been where they've "needed to be" after only 3 seasons of developing.

As I've stated once, and will continue to state until you understand the game of football Jordy; You're completely clueless in regards to overall quarterback development when it comes to a developing quarterback.

It's pathetic how you've completely ignored the fact(s) that one of Mark's favorite offensive weapons in Braylon Edwards was replaced by an aging, completely useless, worthless, outside number two WR when inside the 20's in Plaxico Burress. One of our most consistent WR's (in recent memory) in Jerricho Cotchery was taken away from Mark Sanchez in replace of a completely washed up shell of what he once was in a 37 year old Derrick Mason for 4-5 weeks as our starting slot WR, following by the throwing of a raw 5th round rookie in Jeremy Kerley into the fire as Mark's starting slot WR moving forward. An offensive line disaster being led by Wayne Hunter, Ferguson having his worst overall season since his rookie year of 2006, Mangold getting hurt, missing games, while taking a couple weeks of getting back to previous form, the playing (starting) of an undrafted rookie Center in Baxter (who became another complete disaster), Brandon Moore was recovering from offseason hip surgery etc, etc along with a run game that was non existent.

None of this could prevent Mark Sanchez from improving as an overall Quarterback, despite the awful situations in which were surrounding him, while still throwing for 242/426, 2,859 yards, 58.4%, 6.71 yards per pass attempt, 26 TD's/11 INT's along with an overall QB Rating of 85.2 during our first 13 games of the season.

Yes, Mark Sanchez had an awful 3 games to end the regular season, tell us something that we don't already know Jorday
    You are a truly delusional little man. Not just in an internet way. I mean, you have some serious issues.

Sounds like you're playing a little back-peddling game here after realizing you were caught with your pants down.

I understand more about the game of football than you will ever know, if for no other reason, I don't bury my head in stats.

Tannenbaum said that Sanchez' growth as a QB isn't where it needs to be. Only a stubborn tool would read that any other way than he hasn't developed as they had hoped to this point. Seriously. Is that so difficult to comprehend? He hasn't developed as hoped. Plain and simple.

You can call me out all you want little guy, but you have gotten yourself all tangled up in BS here in 2012 with these Sanchez development comments.

And btw, I didn't say anything about the last 3 games.
    Last edited by Jordy; 07-12-2012 at 04:51 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has improved each of his first 3 seasons in regards to completions, passing yardage, completion percentage, TD's, TD to INT ratio, overall QB Rating
    Is this true? I haven't heard this. Ever.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perception vs. Reality

No small stretch of games is truly indicative of what a player is, or is not. It's a small sample.... that's it. Sanchez has had some great stretches, as well as some bad ones.... but, he's a professional athlete, with the drive to improve, so , I personally, am supportive of him without being a "homer" or "apologist".... because I believe he will improve.
    I keep hearing words like "elite" and "franchise"..... which have been thrown around, ad nauseum. What makes a QB, "elite".... how many ESPN talking heads they can get up their ass? What makes a "franchise" QB? To me, a guy that was picked in the 1st round, has started since day one, and has the contractual support of his team IS a franchise QB.
    I keep hearing trolls, and fans, as well, say that he was handed everything, he had no one to push him, he pouts after a bad play, etc..... without realistically looking at it, objectively. He had a good defense and running game, in his first two years.... and he was growing with them. They get the credit for getting to the AFCCGs, but Sanchez gets the blame for losing them... undeservedly so. I don't remember anyone being there to push P. Manning, Elway, Marino, Kelly, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rodgers, E. Manning, or Brady. However, it's widely perceived that Sanchez needs it. As far as "pouting".... he's an emotional kid-- he also cheers after good plays. So what if he's upset after a bad play? I want my QB to be mad.... I don't consider it "pouting". If it is pouting, then I think that label belongs to the Mannings and Brady, as well.
    Here are the last 5 playoff games of two different QBs, which one is "elite"?

29/48, 266 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 5.54 yards per attempt
    23/42, 154 yards, 2 TDs, 3 INTs, 3.67 yards per attempt
    29/45, 299 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 6.64 yards per attempt
    26/34, 363 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT, 10.68 yards per attempt
    22/36, 239 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 6.64 yards per attempt

12/23, 100 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4.35 yards per attempt
    17/30, 257 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 8.57 yards per attempt
    18/31, 189 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 6.10 yards per attempt
    16/25, 194 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT, 7.76 yards per attempt
    20/33, 233 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 7.06 yards per attempt