Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 360

Thread: Mark Sanchez made a lot of improvements during his 3rd season last year.

  1. #141
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    When someone makes their point in REALLY BIG LETTERS it usually indcates they have lost confidence in their own post and think by making it bigger it will somehow be more convincing.
    I might say you were using humor to mask your own lack of confidence, but you're not that funny, and you don't seem to be trying to hide it.

  2. #142
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,396
    Post Thanks / Like

  3. #143
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    while Sanchez started 48.
    He has not started 48 regular season games...

  4. #144
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    no other quarterback in NFL history had Queer Tammi's advantage of knowing exactly what the defense was going to do on each snap. Thus every other NFL quarterback had to spend the time learning to play the game in an honest and hardworking manner without the benefit of the most heinous cheating in sports history

  5. #145
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I might say you were using humor to mask your own lack of confidence, but you're not that funny, and you don't seem to be trying to hide it.
    Not trying to be funny. The big letters thing is a proven fact. Same as raising your voice during a debate.

  6. #146
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    LOL! You do realize that in Manning's first three seasons he only started 39 games while Sanchez started 48. So you are comparing apples and oranges.

    Also, your three season QB rating for Manning is wrong because he had 55.4 rating in his rookie season, but only started 7 games. He had a 75.9 QB rating his second year and a 77.0 QB rating his third year. Your math weighted the 55.4 QB rating his rookie season which is basically over 7 games as much as his second two years where he played a full 16 game season each year. You must have flunked math in high school.

    So if you take your totally biased and unqualifed comparison, you got a good point.

    Why don't you compare Sanchez's second two years to Manning's second two years to get a more accurate comparison. Sanchez still has an unfair advantage in that area since last year's offensive stats were skewed high all over the league. But at least it is closer to a real comparison between the two.
    Eli's QB rating averaged out over 39 games in his first 3 seasons was 74.12.

  7. #147
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    He has not started 48 regular season games...
    Sorry, 47 starts. Huge difference. That is still 8 more starts than Eli Manning had over the same time period.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 07-13-2012 at 01:55 PM.

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Sorry, 47 starts. Huge difference.
    46 guy.

  9. #149
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    46 guy.
    Nope 47. He started 15 games his rookie year and 16 games each the following two.

    http://www.nfl.com/player/marksanchez/79858/profile

  10. #150
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    46 guy.
    Excuse me. You are wrong DWC.

    Mark Sanchez, out of the University of Southern California, and the current quarterback of the New York Jets, has started 47 games so far in his three seasons as quarterback of the New York Jets.

  11. #151
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,984
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Nope 47. He started 15 games his rookie year and 16 games each the following two.

    http://www.nfl.com/player/marksanchez/79858/profile
    And in their college career's Eli had how many more starts then Sanchez?? 27??

  12. #152
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    DWC, I thought you said that you don't stick up for Sanchez? But you call his critics "clueless". You also say that his critics REFUSE to acknowledge the circumstances last year that led to his play. Well guess what? That is a two-way street. The circumstances that allowed for his good play need to be acknowledged as well. So where does that leave us? Basically that Sanchez is a complementary player at this point. He is a product of his surroundings.

    You are a Sanchez homer. Which is fine. You are entitled to love your QB. Just don't pretend not to be. Own your homerism. Don't pretend to be something you are not.

    You will never be JB. NEVER.
    Enough of the pathetic homer badge patrol routine, it's lame.

    Sanchez isn't a complementary player, he isn't an elite QB, right now, he's somewhere in between, but he's young, and he's shown flashes of being an elite QB, but he hasn't been able to put it together consistently.

    Complementary QB's don't win 4 playoff games in their first two years in the league. Sanchez is a young QB still trying to find consistency in his game and progress in his development to take that next step to become a legit franchise QB, to be amongst the top 10-15 in the game, I agree, he isn't there yet, but he has the ability and upside to be there, and he's shown that ability several times already.

  13. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Enough of the pathetic homer badge patrol routine, it's lame.

    Sanchez isn't a complementary player, he isn't an elite QB, right now, he's somewhere in between, but he's young, and he's shown flashes of being an elite QB, but he hasn't been able to put it together consistently.

    Complementary QB's don't win 4 playoff games in their first two years in the league. Sanchez is a young QB still trying to find consistency in his game and progress in his development to take that next step to become a legit franchise QB, to be amongst the top 10-15 in the game, I agree, he isn't there yet, but he has the ability and upside to be there, and he's shown that ability several times already.
    How many more years do you think the FO will stick with him if his consistency doesn't improve? I say it's two.

  14. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Nope 47. He started 15 games his rookie year and 16 games each the following two.

    http://www.nfl.com/player/marksanchez/79858/profile
    Wrong. He started 15 games his rookie season and 15 games his 2nd season. Anyone who's watched the games over the years understands that Sanchez put up 0/0, 0 yards, 0 TD's and 0 INT's during week 17 of the Buffalo game. You can't consider 1 drive during all hand-off's as a "start".

    The fact of the matter is this, he's only started/played/thrown the ball in 45.5 games. Missed the Bucs game during 2009, missed just about the entire 2nd half during the 2nd game against Buffalo during his rookie season and also sat out the entire Buffalo game of 2010. He's actually started 46 games and has thrown the ball in 45.5 games. You can't consider 1 drive with 0 pass attempts as a "start".

    Regardless, none of this changes the fact that Mark's first 3 years were much more successful when compared to Eli's first 3 seasons. I just find it funny how you truthfully believed that Sanchez started "48 games".

  15. #155
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    How many more years do you think the FO will stick with him if his consistency doesn't improve? I say it's two.
    You're right. Mainly because the Jets would be taking a huge cap hit before that time. Otherwise, I'd say one.

  16. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And in their college career's Eli had how many more starts then Sanchez?? 27??
    Winner.

  17. #157
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Wrong. He started 15 games his rookie season and 15 games his 2nd season. Anyone who's watched the games over the years understands that Sanchez put up 0/0, 0 yards, 0 TD's and 0 INT's during week 17 of the Buffalo game. You can't consider 1 drive during all hand-off's as a "start".

    The fact of the matter is this, he's only started/played/thrown the ball in 45.5 games. Missed the Bucs game during 2009, missed just about the entire 2nd half during the 2nd game against Buffalo during his rookie season and also sat out the entire Buffalo game of 2010. He's actually started 46 games and has thrown the ball in 45.5 games. You can't consider 1 drive with 0 pass attempts as a "start".
    Stats are stats.

    Can't have it both ways.

  18. #158
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And in their college career's Eli had how many more starts then Sanchez?? 27??
    If you're going to use that as an excuse for his delayed development, then couldn't an argument be made that he shouldn't have been drafted with the #5 overall pick?

  19. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Enough of the pathetic homer badge patrol routine, it's lame.

    Sanchez isn't a complementary player, he isn't an elite QB, right now, he's somewhere in between, but he's young, and he's shown flashes of being an elite QB, but he hasn't been able to put it together consistently.

    Complementary QB's don't win 4 playoff games in their first two years in the league. Sanchez is a young QB still trying to find consistency in his game and progress in his development to take that next step to become a legit franchise QB, to be amongst the top 10-15 in the game, I agree, he isn't there yet, but he has the ability and upside to be there, and he's shown that ability several times already.
    Except that DWC has already argued in this thread that Sanchez is already there, a legit franchise QB. Nobody thinks he's top 10-15, but is that the definition of one? Or does heavy financial investment already make Sanchez the "face of the franchise?" "Young, developing QB" and "franchise QB" don't mesh in my personal opinion.

  20. #160
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Wrong. He started 15 games his rookie season and 15 games his 2nd season. Anyone who's watched the games over the years understands that Sanchez put up 0/0, 0 yards, 0 TD's and 0 INT's during week 17 of the Buffalo game. You can't consider 1 drive during all hand-off's as a "start".

    The fact of the matter is this, he's only started/played/thrown the ball in 45.5 games. Missed the Bucs game during 2009, missed just about the entire 2nd half during the 2nd game against Buffalo during his rookie season and also sat out the entire Buffalo game of 2010. He's actually started 46 games and has thrown the ball in 45.5 games. You can't consider 1 drive with 0 pass attempts as a "start".

    Regardless, none of this changes the fact that Mark's first 3 years were much more successful when compared to Eli's first 3 seasons. I just find it funny how you truthfully believed that Sanchez started "48 games".
    Dude you are all over the place and learn how to count. Even if your argument was correct, which it isn't, Sanchez would have 46.5 games using your gorilla math.

    But here is how things work in the real world. If Sanchez is on the field for the first offensive play, he is a starter. Plain and simple.

    47 Regular season starts (15,16,16). 6 Playoff starts (3,3,0).

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SancMa00.htm

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us