Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez made a lot of improvements during his 3rd season last year.

those last 3 games did happen but at the same time you can't pin all of the failures (and successes) on sanchez. the jet offense was in turmoil with holmes and plax taking plays off and schitty being his usual dumb offensive coordinator. and sanchez did play well enough his first two seasons to get the team to the afc championship game. some qb's that have better stats couldn't find the afc championship game if someone nailed it to their forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You can discuss and observe any slice of games that makes Sanchez look good that you want. The bottom line is those last 3 games happened, Sanchez played in them, and those stats are relevant in analyzing Sanchez as a QB. You want to pretend really, really badly that Sanchez wasn't actually there throwing pick-sixes to DLinemen and just executing horrible QB play, what happened in those last 3 games ruins your little jizz-fest.

I'm sorry outside observers refuse to ignore 25% of the games Sanchez played in last year when evaluating him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    those last 3 games did happen but at the same time you can't pin all of the failures (and successes) on sanchez. the jet offense was in turmoil with holmes and plax taking plays off and schitty being his usual dumb offensive coordinator. and sanchez did play well enough his first two seasons to get the team to the afc championship game. some qb's that have better stats couldn't find the afc championship game if someone nailed it to their forehead.
    Agree 100%. Sometimes things just go bad and things snowball downhill and you can not recover. Last year was a total team failure. The front office made bad personnel moves, the coaches made coaching decisions and the players did not play to their abilities. It happens in the NFL. Sometimes you NEED to take a few steps back in order to make those last few steps forward to winning a championship.

Just like you can pin all the failures on Sanchez, you can't pin all the successes either. It goes both ways. If Polian and Irsay weren't afraid of failing at their possible 19-0 season, and don't sit the starters, then the Jets (and Sanchez have another 8-8 season and miss the playoffs 2 out of 3 years..

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez is the f*ckingh man.

Im drunk and alll of you can lick myy bals.

ACF division cHamps. Book it, 2012. herd it here first.

youl'l all see. :dancignalien:

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Who said anything about Sanchez being "good". I simply made it known that as a developing quarterback, Sanchez improved last year. The negative critics will say otherwise. Once again... He improved last year.
    No he didn't.

Clown thread, bro.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Just like you can pin all the failures on Sanchez, you can't pin all the successes either. It goes both ways. If Polian and Irsay weren't afraid of failing at their possible 19-0 season, and don't sit the starters, then the Jets (and Sanchez have another 8-8 season and miss the playoffs 2 out of 3 years..
    If you actually read his post he said you couldnt pin all the failures AND successes on Sanchez. Thanks again for your valuable contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If you actually read his post he said you couldnt pin all the failures AND successes on Sanchez. Thanks again for your valuable contributions.
    I read it just fine. He wrote: "Sanchez did play well enough his first two seasons to get the team to the afc championship game." I merely pointed out the truth. You can't credit Sanchez for "getting the team" to the AFCCG twice. Polian and Irsay deserve credit for at least one of those trips. The #1 D and #1 rushing attack had a little something to do with the other.

Thanks for playing.

Banned
    That's not true. There is no guarantee the Colts would have won that game. The Jets also beat the Chargers, Patriots and Colts during the playoffs, all on the road, and no one would have gave them a fighting chance heading into those postseason playoff games. We still won. There is no guarantee the Colts would have beat the Jets during that night. The score was also very close before Indy rested their starters.

Hall Of Fame
    I read it just fine. He wrote: "Sanchez did play well enough his first two seasons to get the team to the afc championship game." I merely pointed out the truth. You can't credit Sanchez for "getting the team" to the AFCCG twice. Polian and Irsay deserve credit for at least one of those trips. The #1 D and #1 rushing attack had a little something to do with the other.
    Thanks for playing.
    Read his first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Read his first sentence.
    I did.

Now you read his third.

That's not true. There is no guarantee the Colts would have won that game. The Jets also beat the Chargers, Patriots and Colts during the playoffs, all on the road, and no one would have gave them a fighting chance heading into those postseason playoff games. We still won. There is no guarantee the Colts would have beat the Jets during that night. The score was also very close before Indy rested their starters.
    Ya okay. You're living in LA LA land there buddy.

Hall Of Fame
    I did.

Now you read his third.
    So simple question.....did the Jets get to the AFCCG? Yes or No?

Jets Insider VIP
    DefenseWinsFloridaFakeRapWiggerFoolWeaingGay1666&@@3&&&3&;&Cjpoomships.

FloridaChpiochipsDefenaeOffenseStackaWordToYourMot her.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Banned
    Ya okay. You're living in LA LA land there buddy.
    Just like Jet fans were living in "La La land" when we knew we had a chance against the Chargers, Patriots and Colts all on the road. We ended up eliminating great QB's as teams such as Rivers and the Charges, Brady and the Patriots and Manning and the Colts. To sit here and say the Jets had no chance (when the game was close heading into the half) to beat the Colts if they never rested Manning just goes to show how clueless you really are. I never said we WOULD have beat the Colts, but we did have a chance.

What you're saying is the same as a Jet fan saying that if the Brady fumble wasn't called a "tuck rule" the Patriots would have never won a SB back in 2001. Or, if NE never cheated with a camera man, the Patriots would never have won a SB.

You're the one in La La land.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    DefenseWinsFloridaFakeRapWiggerFoolWeaingGay1666&@@3&&&3&;&Cjpoomships.

FloridaChpiochipsDefenaeOffenseStackaWordToYourMot her.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    LOL....you really are f****d up!! Drink on!

Just like Jet fans were living in "La La land" when we knew we had a chance against the Chargers, Patriots and Colts all on the road. We ended up eliminating great QB's as teams such as Rivers and the Charges, Brady and the Patriots and Manning and the Colts. To sit here and say the Jets had no chance (when the game was close heading into the half) to beat the Colts if they never rested Manning just goes to show how clueless you really are. I never said we WOULD have beat the Colts, but we did have a chance.

What you're saying is the same as a Jet fan saying that if the Brady fumble wasn't called a "tuck rule" the Patriots would have never won a SB back in 2001. Or, if NE never cheated with a camera man, the Patriots would never have won a SB.

You're the one in La La land.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    They're making fun of you. Everyone makes fun of you.

NOBODY LIKES YOU.

Here in '012.

Can anyone prove this? Does anyone have access to the all-22 film during these games to show that all of the wide receivers just completely gave up and started dogging their routes? This sounds like something one person said and just got parroted. I'm not buying this claim in any way without some actual proof.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-11-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Veteran
    Okay here is my take on this whole thread.

Mark Sanchez had a BAD SEASON

Mark Sanchez IMPROVED some aspects of his game

Mark Sanchez is 3RD YEAR QB

Mark Sanchez had a lot of things go WRONG for him last season, some his fault some not.

Mark Sanchez should be BETTER this season as a RESULT of his EXPERIENCE last year.

I don't understand why so many people can't see this point of view. I personally have no problem with it. I choose to believe he Sanchez has the talent and the intangibles to be a championship quarterback; he is still developing and last year he took a step back; it happens Guys. Just give the Kid a chance this year; I think he is going to surprise all of us.

GTFO. The Colts pulled Peyton with 5 minutes remaining in the third quarter of a 15-10 game. Their chances of winning that game dropped precipitously with that move ... they had zero interest in trying to win that game. You know this, I know this, everyone on the planet knows this, stop trying to spin facts.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-11-2012 at 10:43 PM.

All League
    If Jane had a ................

Sanchez was good enough to send Brady and Belichick home two seasons ago, so we know he has some ability. He is just about the same QB Eli Manning was after three seasons. I'm sure you know him. Giants fans wanted to send his ass back to Mississippi after year 3. Mark is actually a more successful QB than Eli was after year 3. So those of us who say give the kid some more time maybe aren't that crazy. We will see.