Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Direct TV loses 17 channels

The only loss there is Comedy Central, unless of course you enjoy watching channels that were made for music now invaded by 14-18 year old pregnant teens and 16 year old spoiled brats.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankiev80 View Post
    What playoff games did you lose in April on FOX? I think you may be confused when Cablevision lost FOX a few years ago during October. I made sure I got DirecTV for last year's football season. Without a doubt DirecTV is the best option for television. Not only does it have the NFL Sunday Ticket, it has by far the best customer service. Why are you blaming DirecTV on this issue btw?
    It pertained to South Florida's local affiliate, WSVN. Here's an article:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/1...ugging-it.html

I don't care about customer service. DTV is overpriced, especially when compared to DISH Network, and I wouldn't stick with them if they didn't have Sunday Ticket.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Not that I watch much TV outside of ESPN, NFLN, and movie channels, but I'm getting sick and ****ing tired of Directv's bull****.

This same **** happened earlier this year when they blacked out my local FOX affiliate, causing me to miss two playoff games.

If only they didn't monopolize the Sunday Ticket, I'd cancel my service in a heartbeat.
    Agreed. If the NFL would do pay per view NFL I would go back to cable, but Im stuck. Only one choice if I want to see the Jets when not on network.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dish Network. Satellite welfare program.

Fuel for the fire when I call them up threatening to cancel my service unless they give me Sunday Ticket free. Thank you very much!

Direct TV is made of pure win.

This is a total non-issue. For all the whining, it should be remembered, they could have instead simply raised teh price to us subscribers and been done with it.

A few days without Tosh.0 may be tough, but I think we can weather the storm of the great human tragedy.

The entitlement is strong these days it seems.....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPepperFries View Post
    Fuel for the fire when I call them up threatening to cancel my service unless they give me Sunday Ticket free. Thank you very much!
    just got it.

score!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Direct TV is made of pure win.

This is a total non-issue. For all the whining, it should be remembered, they could have instead simply raised teh price to us subscribers and been done with it.

A few days without Tosh.0 may be tough, but I think we can weather the storm of the great human tragedy.

The entitlement is strong these days it seems.....
    I had Directv and loved it. I only changed to Fios when I got an HDTV and Directv wouldn't give me the hdtv boxes free. Once I left, they offered me one free box. I stayed away and they offered me two. I still stayed away and they offered me three free hdtv boxes.

I still didn't go back but my point is that cable companies and channels fight over money. It happens with every cable company at one time or another and instead of complaining about it, costumers should use it to their advantage and threaten to leave unless they give them something free, like Sunday Ticket.

When life gives you lemons..

I recently told DTV to pound sand. I am usually pretty good at getting what I want from them...but they refused to cave on my latest issue. After moving out of my house, and leaving it to my soon to be ex-wife...I called DTV to get the current new customer deal. Since I already had DTV at the old house, I couldn't get the new customer deal. I said, that DTV is staying there, with my wife...so how about you cut me some slack and give me a new customer deal? They wouldn't budge....so instead of having one long time customer and one new customer, they got nothing.

With that being said...God, I f-ing hate Time Warner.

All Pro
    Seems like the only channels left that I even watch are FX and TBS, jeez they need to get this worked out.

I watch all of my tv online through streams. I can not relate.

I don't get the outrage.®

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I watch all of my tv online through streams. I can not relate.

I don't get the outrage.®
    Have kids.

Then try to explain to a 4 1/2 year old about carriage fees and why bickering companies made it so she can't watch SpongeBob.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Have kids.

Then try to explain to a 4 1/2 year old about carriage fees and why bickering companies made it so she can't watch SpongeBob.
    Oh the tragedy.

I should also point out that Sunday Ticket is pretty vital to a Jets Fan who does not, in fact, live in NY any longer. I refuse to go back to Sundays at the Bar in DC to get my Jets Games. NEVER!!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK AND YOU CANNOT MAKE ME!!!! AAAAAARRRRGGGJHHHHHHH!!!!!!

/runs over and hugs his DTV Box and curls up in a Foetal position around it.

Mine.

All League
    Oh the tragedy.

I should also point out that Sunday Ticket is pretty vital to a Jets Fan who does not, in fact, live in NY any longer. I refuse to go back to Sundays at the Bar in DC to get my Jets Games. NEVER!!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK AND YOU CANNOT MAKE ME!!!! AAAAAARRRRGGGJHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Mine.
    Agreed. Nothing worse than being an out of town fan stuck at the bar. You have every azzhat fanbase making fun of you, Rexs toe fetish, Marino, and now Tebow. And its even worse when we lose.

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh the tragedy.

Mine.
    Lol...well, it's a tragedy for Leila. SpongeBob is the only show she likes to watch....she's a big Gary fan lol.

I had a friend of mine downstate send me a cheap converter box with his card in it. I can watch local NYC channels and get all of the Jets games w/o having to shell out for Sunday Ticket....

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by baldnuts1 View Post
    Nobody watches those crap channels anyway.
    I beg to differ! my kids watch those channels all the time..

All League
    You can use this to get Sunday Ticket Max for free. Just threaten to leave. Took a 20 minute phone call yesterday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh the tragedy.

Mine.
    I don't ever see myself leaving the NY area but I don't see how any real Jets fan could live out of the area and not have Directv and Sunday Ticket.

My only complain about DTV when I had it was losing reception in a bad storm. It didn't happen a lot but it was annoying when it did. Have they done anything to fix that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I don't ever see myself leaving the NY area but I don't see how any real Jets fan could live out of the area and not have Directv and Sunday Ticket.

My only complain about DTV when I had it was losing reception in a bad storm. It didn't happen a lot but it was annoying when it did. Have they done anything to fix that yet?
    Heavy clouds still interrupt service but it isn't nearly as bad as it used to be...

Veteran
    Geez, and I thought Comcast was terrible... Seems like they all have their downfalls... I'm waiting on the first cable provider to offer customized packages, where you can select your own channels... Wishful thinking, but hey......... On the flip side, I'm hoping DirectTV keeps their partnership with Sony(Playstation) so I can continue to enjoy Sunday Ticket through the convenience of my PS3...