Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hugh Douglas predicts the Jets will win the AFC East

Banned
    I guess Douglas is a strong believer that defense wins AFC East divisions. In all seriousness, we've never featured a defense with this much pure talent/overall ability under coach Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I guess Douglas is a strong believer that defense wins AFC East divisions. In all seriousness, we've never featured a defense with this much pure talent/overall ability under coach Ryan.
    Not only that but I hear Mark is improving. And young and stuff.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    What a coincidence. So does DWC.
    Ah hah ! So DWC is Hugh Douglas ? It all makes sense now !

what happens if brady is injured

we all know that injuries to key players can make the difference.brady has been very lucky throughout his career.if he goes down.then I believe that the same will happen to the patriots.they do not have a proven q.b. behind him.so maybe hugh douglas is right.the jets first three draft choices were super.in my estimation.the jets will contend for the a.f.c. title.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Preseason predictions are like rear ends. Everyone has one and most of them stink.

Douglas' prediction is no more or less valid than any other ESPN mediot.
    Yup. Chowd is right...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Jets could very well beat the Patriots off the throne in the AFC East IF the D is ferocious and effective enough to stymie Brady and his receiving corp AND our O can put up quick points and also eat up the clock. ST's will have to be great as usual as well. Jets have certainly drafted well and operated prudently and judiciously in free agency within the constraints of the salary cap.

Hugh's "logic" is half baked and unreasonable
    I totally agree with your logic. Alot of things have to come together for us, not the least of which is our Offensive line needs to play ALOT better than it did last year. I know our defense should be downright dominant; if our offensive line can step up its game I truly believe that this team can go all the way. Smart ass remarks start.. 1, 2, 3......

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Chaz Schilens, Santonio Holmes, Stephen Hill, Demarcus Ganaway, Jeremy Kerley, Patrick Turner, Jordan White, Dustin Keller, Jeff Cumberland, Josh Baker and Hayden Smith are glad you are not associated with the Jets.

_
    ... Oooh I get it ... A cast of perennial pro bowlers .... Lots of credibility here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Exactly. These are the passes tebow struggles with. He throws a great long ball.
    I used to like your posts. They are nothing but garbage now.

Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    we all know that injuries to key players can make the difference.brady has been very lucky throughout his career.if he goes down.then I believe that the same will happen to the patriots.they do not have a proven q.b. behind him.so maybe hugh douglas is right.the jets first three draft choices were super.in my estimation.the jets will contend for the a.f.c. title.
    LOL smh. Were you in a coma during the 2008 season when Brady went down 7 minutes into it and was gone for the year? I wouldn't call that very lucky.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    ... Oooh I get it ... A cast of perennial pro bowlers .... Lots of credibility here.
    No, it's just every wr on the roster. No wr wants tebow, not if they want to actually catch passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    No, it's just every wr on the roster. No wr wants tebow, not if they want to actually catch passes.
    Exactly ... And their opinion means as much as their accomplishments to this point. Now if one of those guy was Megatron or Fitzgerald ... It'd be the opposite.

Hall Of Fame
    We went out and moved up to draft a big time WR and we've stockpiled a deeper corp of WRs and TEs than we've had in a very long time. Don't know if any of them will be any good. Just saying, they won't be happy if Tebow is slinging the rock.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    We went out and moved up to draft a big time WR and we've stockpiled a deeper corp of WRs and TEs than we've had in a very long time. Don't know if any of them will be any good. Just saying, they won't be happy if Tebow is slinging the rock.

_
    Unless he is winning games ...

Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    LOL Matt Cassell and his 6 yr 60 million dollar contract says hi

Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    LOL Matt Cassell and his 6 yr 60 million dollar contract says hi
    Cassel then went to Kansas City and brought them to their first playoff appearance in almost a decade. He's not a bad QB. Who knows whether Ryan Mallet or Brian Hoyer would succeed after being thrust in there, but Cassel sat behind and learned from Brady for three years before his "breakout" season, and hasn't exactly flopped in Kansas City, despite what some insane Chiefs fans would like you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This is true. We have an offense tailored for Tebow but we are going to give sanchez the 1st crack at running it. Makes no sense to me.

We just have to hope we do not make the switch to tebow too late.
    You are as high as Joe himself. Switch to Tebow game 18 of the regular season, that's about the right time.

Unless he is winning games ...
    Yes because judging by Demaryius' comments, that is clearly all receivers care about

They are far and away the most selfish group that suits up on any team...

But yes, they won't care if they run 700 routes and catch thirty balls...

Nope...

Won't care at all...

Jets Insider VIP
    The law of averages. It has to happen sometime to the Pats, right?

When does Brady get "old"? Can he play at a high level yet again at 35?

Brady had an excellent season last year, but he played like utter crap against the Ravens and was an Evans' endzone catch away from being a goat, and started off the SB really poorly before bouncing back later in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    The law of averages. It has to happen sometime to the Pats, right?

When does Brady get "old"? Can he play at a high level yet again at 35?

Brady had an excellent season last year, but he played like utter crap against the Ravens and was an Evans' endzone catch away from being a goat, and started off the SB really poorly before bouncing back later in the game.

That's certainly the million dollar question that no one has an answer to. My eyeball test says that he's still got a few good years left in him. The past two years are arguably the best he's ever played. You may argue that '07 was his best, and I certainly wouldn't fight that either. But I think those that claim he's showing signs of declining are just wishful thinking. Besides, say he falls to #10-15 in the league, he's still better than most of the QBs out there.

But yes, he can't last forever and by his own remarks, he'll continue playing until they tell him he can't anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    It wouldn't surprise me to see TB playing at a high level right up to 40.

It all depends on his ongoing health. Can the pats keep him protected with everybody in the division beefing up their d-lines?