Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hugh Douglas predicts the Jets will win the AFC East

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Yes because judging by Demaryius' comments, that is clearly all receivers care about

They are far and away the most selfish group that suits up on any team...

But yes, they won't care if they run 700 routes and catch thirty balls...

Nope...

Won't care at all...
    This. Thought Holmes was a d-bag last year?

Just wait.

_

Rookie
    I don't get you guys. One person in the media isn't bashing the Jets and you guys are calling him an idiot. He is optimistic about the Jets and has even said he wants to see the Jets and the Eagles in the superbowl as a dream matchup. He says he still has a heart for the Jets and he gets trashed? Everyone else in the media are bashing the Jets 24/7 and that makes us angry but one guy says we are going to do just fine and we kill him? Is this a case of Jet fans not wanting any positive so we can say FU to the media if we do well? Even though I don't agree with his reasoning I'm still happy to hear him expect the Jets to win. Our own beat writer kills this team all the time and one former player doesn't jump on the Giants love fest: and they are in the same category

[IMG][/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    That's certainly the million dollar question that no one has an answer to. My eyeball test says that he's still got a few good years left in him. The past two years are arguably the best he's ever played. You may argue that '07 was his best, and I certainly wouldn't fight that either. But I think those that claim he's showing signs of declining are just wishful thinking. Besides, say he falls to #10-15 in the league, he's still better than most of the QBs out there.

But yes, he can't last forever and by his own remarks, he'll continue playing until they tell him he can't anymore.
    If TB falls to 10 - 15, the Patriots probably do as well. But, I don't see that happening in the next two years unless injuries set in. Of course, injuries pop up more frequently with older players. Accordingly, I think he probably comes down to earth on account of injuries first rather than on account of a dimishing skill level. If he stays relatively healthy and his line is able to keep him relatively upright, he's an elite QB (which I will define as Top 5) for the next 3 years at least.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tammi will be retiring after the 2014 season

both Jizabella and his boyloves will both demand that he spend his summers and autumns in the two separate and bi wings of his newly built mansion in Hollyweird

The year after Brady is not one of the top 10 of the qbs in the league he will quit. I don't see him hanging on being an average QB, no matter if the pats have success or not.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The year after Brady is not one of the top 10 of the qbs in the league he will quit. I don't see him hanging on being an average QB, no matter if the pats have success or not.
    Actually, that's probably true. I'd guess he has 3-4 years minimum before that happens barring injury.