Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Talking Football™

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    What is this, Opposite Day?
    I agree with your TX action.

    Should be longer next time, IMO.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,088
    Ima big fan of DWC, he's evolved.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Vaseline on Toast > Summer + Winter Olympics
    Agreed!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Vaseline on Toast > Summer + Winter Olympics
    Needed to be said.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Have you started? Or are your friends too interested in NBA trades or *yawn* baseball? Maybe you have some nerds in your circle who are more interested in the Games of the XXX Olympiad? Me personally, I talk football all year round.
    I never start talking about football until September.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Let's talk football, why not start off by talking about an actual football player?



    It's obvious that Tebow's putting on more muscle-weight while becoming larger/stronger at the same time; and it's not to become our next full-time quarterback either. Coach Sparano is going to use this kid all over the field as the football player that he's always been.

    He'll become the Center-Piece of a Sparano led Wildcat (Gator) formation, he'll line up in the backfield at both HB and FB positions, we may even see Tebow line up at TE in order to distract the opposing defense/keeping defensive coordinators awake at night etc, etc. He's a pure football player, and can develop into a great one at that. I have a strong feeling that Tebow will improve our offense in more ways that one. This kid has the ability and overall talent to become a very versatile football player. Think Slash of the 1990's with the Steelers, but a little more deadly.

    Will Tebow trow the football? Without question, which is why our Wildcat formation will become so feared/respected. The threat of the pass, the question of the unknown (Run or Pass?). We all thought Shotty ran a solid Wildcat with Brad Smith under Center? We all feared Sparano's Wildcat with a RB such as Ronnie Brown as the focal point? Just wait until we see a Sparano led Wildcat formation, Stephen Hill run blocking on the outside, with Tebow as the Center-Piece rushing the football behind an All-Pro Center in Nick Mangold. So anxious to see this offense take the field.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,571
    Seeing the board game above reminded me of a game we played as kids. Did anyone ever play the board game Pro Quarterback?




  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,714
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Let's talk football, why not start off by talking about an actual football player?



    It's obvious that Tebow's putting on more muscle-weight while becoming larger/stronger at the same time; and it's not to become our next full-time quarterback either. Coach Sparano is going to use this kid all over the field as the football player that he's always been.

    He'll become the Center-Piece of a Sparano led Wildcat (Gator) formation, he'll line up in the backfield at both HB and FB positions, we may even see Tebow line up at TE in order to distract the opposing defense/keeping defensive coordinators awake at night etc, etc. He's a pure football player, and can develop into a great one at that. I have a strong feeling that Tebow will improve our offense in more ways that one. This kid has the ability and overall talent to become a very versatile football player. Think Slash of the 1990's with the Steelers, but a little more deadly.

    Will Tebow trow the football? Without question, which is why our Wildcat formation will become so feared/respected. The threat of the pass, the question of the unknown (Run or Pass?). We all thought Shotty ran a solid Wildcat with Brad Smith under Center? We all feared Sparano's Wildcat with a RB such as Ronnie Brown as the focal point? Just wait until we see a Sparano led Wildcat formation, Stephen Hill run blocking on the outside, with Tebow as the Center-Piece rushing the football behind an All-Pro Center in Nick Mangold. So anxious to see this offense take the field.
    I love DWC

    I to am excited for the Tebow experiment, its fascinating drama.

  9. #29
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I still remember when I started the 'here in 09' trend; that saying is still alive and well today, with some posters stating 'here in 2012' . Now, it looks like I've started yet another JetsInsider trend. "Talking Football". NICE!
    They are actually making fun of you.

    As is this thread I believe.

    I can't believe you don't realize that.

  10. #30
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    I love DWC
    Shocker.

  11. #31
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Ima big fan of DWC, he's evolved.
    into what exactly?

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    I have no problem with DWC. I just can't read any of his posts. All of those stats make me dizzy.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    They're making fun of you. Everyone makes fun of you.

    NOBODY LIKES YOU.

    Here in '012.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Not true.

    DWC, I like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    A legend in your own mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    I appreciate DWC.

    He's good for JI.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Ima big fan of DWC, he's evolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    I love DWC

    I to am excited for the Tebow experiment, its fascinating drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    They are actually making fun of you.

    As is this thread I believe.

    I can't believe you don't realize that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    into what exactly?
    DWC serves a very important function here on JI, just like SAR, TX and some of the other more, ahem, enigmatic posters. A successful place like JI cannot be so if it exists in a homer/happy-shiny-people world.

    So yes, this was a tongue-in-cheek parody. But what I wrote was serious.

    That said; DWC, that response?


    Wow.


    Just.


    Wow.


  14. #34
    everyone is talking NBA off season...its driving me nuts...WHO GIVES A ****.

    cant wait until football chatter starts up amongst the average fan so I can own them on a consistent basis.

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    They're making fun of you. Everyone makes fun of you.

    NOBODY LIKES YOU.

    Here in '012.
    This guy gets it!

  16. #36
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,088
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    I appreciate DWC.

    He's good for JI.
    I prefer DWC to Pats Fan TX.

    He actually makes decent contributions from time to time.

  17. #37
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    I prefer DWC to Pats Fan TX.

    He actually makes decent contributions from time to time.
    Meh.

    TX isn't as effective as he used to be. He used to get people so worked up (myself included) that threads would get irreversibly derailed.

    Today, that doesn't happen with TX anywhere near as much. Hardly ever. Mainly because most have figured it/him out and just move on.

    But we have far more pats trolls now than ever, so they take up the slack and help get threads derailed.

    DWC, on the other hand, derails threads with his homeristic, stat-laden 1,000 word essays. He draws the attention to himself (which is what he obviously wants - "look at me look at me!!") and people get so wrapped up in his BS that it becomes more about him than the subject of the thread itself. He cherry-picks stats to try to make his points and blows off the "bad" stats as irrelevant. Obviously, because they don't support his agenda. There are those that agree with him because there are a lot of homers on this board who want to read only positive posts and ignore the negative ones.

    You all are free to disagree with this all you want. But it won't change the facts.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us