Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mitt Romney's speech at the NAACP

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I first noticed it with Ford, then it went extreme with Reagan. Did you know that Reagan was the devil because each of his 3 names had 6 letters? True story, bro.
    see, this stuff I didn't know, I figured the internet and the 24 hour news cycle were to blame.

I wonder what they said about Nixon and Kennedy when they were canidates? Was the catholic thing really that big of a deal back then?

side note: (cool story bro) you made me think of the scene in Bowfinger when Eddie Murphy's character would count all the Ks in a script and if they were divisible by three he wouldn't do the film because it was covertly racist.

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    see, this stuff I didn't know, I figured the internet and the 24 hour news cycle were to blame.

I wonder what they said about Nixon and Kennedy when they were canidates? Was the catholic thing really that big of a deal back then?

side note: (cool story bro) you made me think of the scene in Bowfinger when Eddie Murphy's character would count all the Ks in a script and if they were divisible by three he wouldn't do the film because it was covertly racist.
    No it was not a big thing at all. America had several Catholic presidents before JFK. Kennedy and the libtards were playing the hate card against conservatives accusing them of hating Kennedy because he waws Irish Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    No it was not a big thing at all. America had several Catholic presidents before JFK. Kennedy and the libtards were playing the hate card against conservatives accusing them of hating Kennedy because he waws Irish Catholic.
    Horrifically poor post filled with historical lies.

1. JFK was the first Roman Catholic President

http://www.heptune.com/preslist.html#religions

2. Because he was attempting to be the first Catholic president he had a major problem with voters in the south thus he choose Lyndon Johnson as his VP. The hate was real, so much so, that he had to give his famous speech on religion to ease fears that the Pope would not be making decisions for the president.

I apologize if this post interrupts your programmed thoughts. I now return you to your daily comfort zone;

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 07-15-2012 at 07:13 AM.

All League
    Please name them...for that matter name one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    JFK was the first Roman Catholic President
    No he wasn't. He just said he was because voting morons insist that their leaders believe in fictitious sky wizards. As do 99% of anyone running for office.

Do you really think that Romney ACTUALLY believes that there is a planet in another galaxy that the invisible ghosts that live inside our bodies go to when we die?

Religion is a tool for control. And it's a very effective tool....akin to teaching a bull to whip itself to plow a field.

Hmmm. History not your strong suit? There we NO (as in ZERO) Catholic presidents before Kennedy. And yes, it was a MAJOR obstacle for him.
    Kennedy got the vote because he: 1. was good looking, 2. really got the Catholic vote (larhgest religion in the U.S., 3. Nixon did badly at an important televised debate and, 4. took adv antage of the corrept election machine in Illinois.
    Illinois? Imagine that. Then Daly. Then home of Obama and Emmanuel and a host of other crooks.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Hmmm. History not your strong suit? There we NO (as in ZERO) Catholic presidents before Kennedy. And yes, it was a MAJOR obstacle for him.
    Kennedy got the vote because he: 1. was good looking, 2. really got the Catholic vote (larhgest religion in the U.S., 3. Nixon did badly at an important televised debate and, 4. took adv antage of the corrept election machine in Illinois.
    Illinois? Imagine that. Then Daly. Then home of Obama and Emmanuel and a host of other crooks.
    and Nixon was cheating by having the mafia help his cause in California. There were dead people voting for Nixon in California.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

and Kennedy was cheating by having the mafia help his cause in West Virginia. There were dead people voting for Kennedy in West Virginia.
    fixed

All Pro
    Good one Vincenzo

and Nixon was cheating by having the mafia help his cause in California. There were dead people voting for Nixon in California.

Really? The California mob? revisionism by the professor?
    Actually the MOB had a lot todo with the win. You have heard of Sam Giancana (Chicago mob). Tight with Kennedy. The Rat Pack (Sinatra et al, including Peter Lawford) carried California weight.
    Texas with LBJ (might as well have been a mobster) orchestrated major voter fraud in Texas.
    But there can never be as much ffraud as in Illinois with the mob and Mayor Daley and his corrupt machine. Truly more votes than people in some districts. Sort of what we have nowadays in some South Carolina voting districts where more people vote than are alive (principally/solely black districts) promoted by thew NAACP and black pastors shuttling and re-shuttling voters to the polls. A trick learned from the Dem machines in Chi, NY and Detroit.

All Pro
    Oh No...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOcFdS_ALMw

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

There is so much fail in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Really? The California mob? revisionism by the professor?
    Actually the MOB had a lot todo with the win. You have heard of Sam Giancana (Chicago mob). Tight with Kennedy. The Rat Pack (Sinatra et al, including Peter Lawford) carried California weight.
    Texas with LBJ (might as well have been a mobster) orchestrated major voter fraud in Texas.
    But there can never be as much ffraud as in Illinois with the mob and Mayor Daley and his corrupt machine. Truly more votes than people in some districts. Sort of what we have nowadays in some South Carolina voting districts where more people vote than are alive (principally/solely black districts) promoted by thew NAACP and black pastors shuttling and re-shuttling voters to the polls. A trick learned from the Dem machines in Chi, NY and Detroit.
    Show me where I denied that John Kennedy was cheating

But the idea that we should feel sorry for Nixon because he was running an honest campaign is a little too much for this history teacher to swallow. Nixon had the mob working for him as well as other underhanded tricks (like having dead people vote for him in California too).

It reminds me of the great card game scene in the movie The Sting between the mob boss Doyle Lonnegan (Robert Shaw) and his bodyguard Floyd. It takes place after Paul Newman beat Doyle at his own game by cheating to win a lot of money;

Floyd: I KNOW I gave him four THREES. He had to make a SWITCH. We can't let him get away with that.
    Doyle Lonnegan: What was I supposed to do - call him for cheating better than me, in front of the others?
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 07-16-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    fixed
    see post #93

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

see post #93
    Your routine never changes. You post something hammering a Republican that can just as easily be applied to a Democrat, and you respond with, "Show me where I ever denied it!"

You deny it implicitly by conveniently masking your hypocrisy in the first place. Then when you're called out on it you pretend to be intellectually honest.

No one here ever said Nixon ran an honest campaign. But to bring up mob involvement in that election and not talk about Kennedy first and foremost, at least until you're prodded, is so incredibly ridiculous.

Show me where I denied that John Kennedy was cheating

But the idea that we should feel sorry for Nixon because he was running an honest campaign is a little too much for this history teacher to swallow. Nixon had the mob working for him as well as other underhanded tricks (like having dead people vote for him in California too).

It reminds me of the great card game scene in the movie The Sting between the mob boss Doyle Lonnegan (Robert Shaw) and his bodyguard Floyd. It takes place after Paul Newman beat Doyle at his own game by cheating to win a lot of money;

Floyd: I KNOW I gave him four THREES. He had to make a SWITCH. We can't let him get away with that.
    Doyle Lonnegan: What was I supposed to do - call him for cheating better than me, in front of the others?
    Why do you have an AVATAR of a guy who abused his power and illegally wiretapped American citizens who were breaking no laws?