Thread: New Story: Jets Insider Radio Live Tonight!

All Jets 24/7
    Post Thanks / Like

Post New Story: Jets Insider Radio Live Tonight!

It was bound to happen! Jets Insider.com has hit the airwaves and radio will never be the same again.
    Tired of Jets talk from stuffy local radio hosts that know little about your team and care more about their own opinion than yours? Well that's about to change. Much like our website, we have debuted a radio show by Jets Fans for Jets Fans.

Jets Insider Radio is a brand new show that will run on an off-season from 8 to 10PM that focuses on nothing but NY Jets Football. The show is hosted by Jets Insider.com Publisher Sean Deegan and veteran radio personality and long time Jets Fan, Jim "Mojo' Morrison. This week's show is sponsored by the Hope Lake Lodge at Greek Peak Resort in Cortland NY, your only destination if you are visiting training camp this summer!

Tonight’s guest is long time Jets Beat Writer and current NY Post columnist Mark Cannizzaro.

The show airs globally on BLOG TALK RADIO and is also one of the hottest downloads on iTunes. You can find show archives there and also subscribe by searching “jetsinsider”.

The show will feature hardcore NY Jets talk that will include player and coach interviews, guests from opposing teams and a ton of unique features found on no other show.

We also take calls from you the Jets Fan, where you can sound off on anything regarding your favorite team. Since the show is streaming on the web, Jets Fans from Freeport to the Fiji can listen and call in to voice their opinions. CALL: (347)-237-4226!!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-jetsinsider-radio-show

More...
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 07-13-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing.

TX gets banned for a week from the board, and so we give him a new venue to troll in. Let the verbal derailing begin!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    As we return from vacation, a great show tonight as we talk about the goings on over the past few weeks and spend some time with NY Post Jets writer Mark Cannizzaro.

Be sure to tune and call in!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Anyone calling in tonight? Lots to chat about. We are doing a whole segment on Bob Kraft alone!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Anyone calling in tonight? Lots to chat about. We are doing a whole segment on Bob Kraft alone!
    I'm calling in. Would love to discuss the overall outlook of our defense heading into 2012's up coming season. Defensive front 7 specifically.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I'm calling in. Would love to discuss the overall outlook of our defense heading into 2012's up coming season. Defensive front 7 specifically.
    Better add a couple hours to the show tonight Sooth.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like an appropriate name for a Jet sponsor.

I'll try to catch the rest of the show.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just called in and gave some of my thoughts in regards to our defensive front 7, but I disagree with certain aspects of this weeks show. For example, agreeing that coach Mangini was wrongfully let go. Our front office fired Mangini in order to sign one of the most respected defensive coaches around in Rex Ryan. Since the addition of Rex Ryan, we've landed two AFC Championship Game appearances during his first three years as head coach, completely re-vamped our entire defense (not named Revis, Harris and Pace) and have featured 3 consecutive seasons of top five defensive performances for the first time in franchise history. I can't agree that Mangini was wrongfully let go, not when we've since replaced Mangini with Ryan as head coach in order to compete as a franchise moving forward.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I just called in and gave some of my thoughts in regards to our defensive front 7, but I disagree with certain aspects of this weeks show. For example, agreeing that coach Mangini was wrongfully let go. Our front office fired Mangini in order to sign one of the most respected defensive coaches around in Rex Ryan. Since the addition of Rex Ryan, we've landed two AFC Championship Game appearances during his first three years as head coach, completely re-vamped our entire defense (not named Revis, Harris and Pace) and have featured 3 consecutive seasons of top five defensive performances for the first time in franchise history. I can't agree that Mangini was wrongfully let go, not when we've since replaced Mangini with Ryan as head coach in order to compete as a franchise moving forward.
    Cannizzaro brought that point up about Mangini but neither of us agreed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cannizzaro brought that point up about Mangini but neither of us agreed.
    I didn't know who was who ahah but loved the show. Thanks for letting me call in!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    No problem. Nice to chat with you and the other callers!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem. Nice to chat with you and the other callers!!
    I did enjoy the part about Santonio Holmes and agree that he quit on us towards the end of last season, and quitting on your team is never acceptable, but at the same time, I just feel that Santonio Holmes wanted to win, and couldn't stand being trapped inside of a Shotty Jr led offense which allowed/gave him no ability what so ever to actually help our offense. Lots of Jet fans are making Holmes out to be a cancer, just to be a cancer, but in reality, I just feel that his competitive nature got the best of him because he mentioned at least two or three times that the routes he was being forced to run were routes that were designed right into the heart of opposing defenses coverage. To make a long story short, Holmes is a great football player with a very high I.Q in regards to reading defensive coverage. He understands the WR position and could truthfully blossom under Sparano's offense, due to the simple fact that Sparano, as an offensive coordinator, has made it known that he'll give our WR's (such as Holes) the ability to not only help our quarterback, but also have the freedom to read coverage followed by hot routing into a route that could expose the defenses coverage. I don't believe for a second, that Holmes quit on the team, just to quit on the team and become an offensive cancer; I feel Holmes quit on his offensive coordinator. Every WR that have spoken out in Holmes defense, has stated that he's a great teammate during practices, always going the extra mile to explain, teach and help the younger wide receivers. I just don't feel he's a team cancer because of last season.

All in all, it's a great show that you've put together and am looking forward to the next one.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-12-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I missed the show, but it sounds like it was another good one. I will have to get the podcast. I read Cannizzaro a lot and I often find myself agreeing with him.

Forget about Mangini being wrongfully let go, he was sabotaged by his GM (and close friend) as well as his owner. They forced Favre on him. And when Favre imploded he took Mangini down with him. I think Mangini has learned about dealing with people from his time in the media, I think he is a smart coach and a good talent evaluator. I hope that if he ever gets a job again, he ends up somewhere with a competent QB. But that is unlikely to happen b.c the teams with the decent QBs usually win or hire offensive HCs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    great show sooth other than the part where Canizzaro said Mangini was wrongfully fired proving that he should stick to coverage of the PGA tour from now on. My suggestion for future guests especially with TC opening up in two weeks would be a focus on the 2012 season and less dwelling on the past. Mangini, who did Holmes quit on etc are topics that have washed well under the bridge by now and are hopefully out to sea.

How are the additions of the rooks, the new offensive coordinator and assistant coaches on the OL, DL and WRs, the new safeties and our new fullback/punt protector project as far as the 2012-3 offense, defense and special teams?

Great show anyhow.... certainly a way way way better show for Jet fans than that horrible mess SNY dredges up every week on cable TV--- the Ray Lucas Gloom and Doom report or whatever it's called

Keep up the great work

and

LETS GO JETS

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I missed it. Congrats guys. I will be waiting for the next one.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Sorry I missed it. Congrats guys. I will be waiting for the next one.
    All past shows you can listen via the blogtalkradio.com link (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-jetsinsider-radio-show) and we are also available for download on iTunes by simply searching "jetsinsider". You can also subscribe for automatic weekly download there.
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 07-13-2012 at 04:42 PM.