Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Residents in NW Las Vegas warned about loose chimpanzees

  1. #1

    Residents in NW Las Vegas warned about loose chimpanzees

    From the Twitter feed: Residents in NW Las Vegas warned about loose chimpanzees; 1 may be captured

    Planet of the Apes....

  2. #2
    the late great troy mcclure:'i hate every chimp i see from chimpan a to chimpanzee'...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    From the Twitter feed: Residents in NW Las Vegas warned about loose chimpanzees; 1 may be captured

    Planet of the Apes....
    one chimp may be captured?


    or one NW Las Vegas resident may be captured by loose chimps??






























    (and just how "loose" are these chimps, exactly? soufside wants to know )

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,828
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    the late great troy mcclure:'i hate every chimp i see from chimpan a to chimpanzee'...
    "O look I was wrong, it was earth all along, O you finally made a monkey out of me"

    lol

    So sad what happened to the one time best show ever.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,943
    I guess in Vegas everything's loose.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,516
    Isn't there a Statue of Liberty model in Las Vegas? Someone alert crossfire!

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    4,060
    Loose chimps playing loose slots. Some old granny at the slot machine is going to get the LCA (light chimp attack)

  8. #8
    Loose chimps sink gimps...

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Nothing a bat or nine iron couldn't handle.

  10. #10
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Nothing a bat or nine iron couldn't handle.
    You sound like an expert®; you think we should gather at the batting cages and the pitch and putt?

    Good man.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You sound like an expert®; you think we should gather at the batting cages and the pitch and putt?

    Good man.
    Well it's not like Cougars on the loose, or loose Cougars that could be better.

  12. #12
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Well it's not like Cougars on the loose, or loose Cougars that could be better.
    I could go for a little "Light Teeth Attack" from a loose Cougar.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    "O look I was wrong, it was earth all along, O you finally made a monkey out of me"

    lol

    So sad what happened to the one time best show ever.
    ...so true the first 5 years were as good as anything on tv...homer on wanting more children...its a uter-us,marge not a uter-u...lol...

  14. #14
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,710
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...so true the first 5 years were as good as anything on tv...homer on wanting more children...its a uter-us,marge not a uter-u...lol...
    "See this mark on my skull? I got it in the demonstrations...<flashback to strike; Homer alone by food truck>

    WHERE'S MY BURRITO!
    WHERE'S MY BURRITO!
    WHERE'S MY BURRITO!


    D'OH!! <food truck panel lands on homers head>

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    "O look I was wrong, it was earth all along, O you finally made a monkey out of me"

    lol

    So sad what happened to the one time best show ever.
    Troy: "Get your paws off me, you damn dirty ape!!"

    Apes: "He can talk!!"

    Apes: "He can talk!!"

    Apes: "He can talk!!"

    Troy: "I CAN SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIING!!!!!!!!!!"



    one of the greatest Simpsons moments, ever

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,379
    "Run for your lives!"
































    : "What?"










    Meanwhile, on the southside of the Hamper....

































































  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,943
    Classic Richard Pryor on monkey *****:

    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/280478...or_pet_monkey/

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    "See this mark on my skull? I got it in the demonstrations...<flashback to strike; Homer alone by food truck>

    WHERE'S MY BURRITO!
    WHERE'S MY BURRITO!
    WHERE'S MY BURRITO!


    D'OH!! <food truck panel lands on homers head>
    marge:'homer this is the worst thing you've ever done'...homer:'oh,marge you've said that so many times its lost all meaning'...

  19. #19
    more loose chimps

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1113725

    Five chimpanzees broke out of their enclosure at Germany's Hannover Experience Zoo on Wednesday, terrorizing patrons and injuring a 5-year-old girl.

    How exactly the chimps escaped from their enclosure is under investigation, according to the Hannover Allgemeine Zeitung.

    The chimps may have used wood that had fallen into their area during gardening work to scale the wall of their pen, AFP reported. A zoo spokesperson told Die Welt Online that the apes utilized a tree that had fallen over in a recent storm to climb out.

    About 2,500 people were visiting at the zoo at the time, and were evacuated once officials realized the apes were on the loose.

    A 5-year-old girl was knocked over by one of the apes as it tore through the grounds of the zoo. The child escaped the encounter with cuts on her face, and was taken to the hospital for observation, according to Die Welt Online, where zoo officials sent her a large plush toy.

    Most of the escapees didn't get very far. Four of them "had a quick look around and then jumped pretty quickly back into their compound," zoo spokeswoman Simone Hagemeyer told AFP.

    "The fifth and oldest chimp went off to visit the head gorilla," she told the newswire service. "He's getting on a bit, so we offered him a ladder to get back into the enclosure."

    The animal rights organization PETA criticized the Hannover Zoo, accusing them of "grossly negligent behavior."

    "Chimpanzees possess incredible strength and can be completely unpredictable around humans. One chimpanzee on its own can injure or kill a human - five escaped chimpanzees could have led to a catastrophe,” zoologist and PETA organizer Peter Höffken said in a press release.

    "Incidents of severe injury continually take place with chimpanzees in captivity,” Höffken added. “The practice of keeping intelligent great apes in captivity must be abolished."



    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...#ixzz20W5aGHl1

  20. #20
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,284
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post

    "Chimpanzees possess incredible strength and can be completely unpredictable around humans. One chimpanzee on its own can injure or kill a human - five escaped chimpanzees could have led to a catastrophe,” zoologist and PETA organizer Peter Höffken said in a press release.

    "Incidents of severe injury continually take place with chimpanzees in captivity,” Höffken added. “The practice of keeping intelligent great apes in captivity must be abolished."



    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...#ixzz20W5aGHl1
    This is why only light chimp attacks are recommended here in the Hampur. Anything more is irresponsible and potentially dangerous.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us