Thread: Weekend at Bernie's... at a NASCAR race

Weekend at Bernie's... at a NASCAR race

This world is fukced up...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...0--nascar.html

Woman watched NASCAR with deceased man for over a year

Many of us like watching races in the company of other NASCAR fans, but Linda Chase of Jackson, Mich., might have taken that just a bit too far.
    For the past 10 years, she lived together with Charles Zigler. And when Zigler passed away, they continued to live and watch NASCAR together for approximately 18 months until authorities found Zigler's body on Friday.
    We'll let the Jackson Citizen Patriot take it from here:
    Zigler, known as Charlie, died naturally, Linda Chase said. "He just fell asleep." She kept him in his chair after he died, keeping him dressed and cleaned. His body did not stink, she said. She would talk to him and watch NASCAR races on television with him.
    Jackson officials believe that Zigler, who would have been 67 or 68, died around Christmas of 2010. That was 18 months ago. When Zigler's family members went to check on him after not hearing from him for a while, they went to the police, who found Zigler's body in his chair.
    Chase kept Zigler's body around for more than NASCAR races, however. She's admitted to cashing his social security checks, saying "I'm probably going to prison." She's currently being investigated. When family members, with whom Zigler did not have a close relationship, tried to contact him, Chase would tell them that he was gone. She told the paper that "It's not that I'm heartless. It's just that after so many bad things happen to you, I don't know.
    "I didn't want to be alone. He was the only guy who was ever nice to me."
    So, next time you have friends over for a race, check on them every once in a while. Yeah, they could be just taking a nap because it's Pocono, but you never know.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    This world is fukced up...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...0--nascar.html

Many of us like watching races in the company of other NASCAR fans, but Linda Chase of Jackson, Mich., might have taken that just a bit too far.
    For the past 10 years, she lived together with Charles Zigler. And when Zigler passed away, they continued to live and watch NASCAR together for approximately 18 months until authorities found Zigler's body on Friday.
    Zigler, known as Charlie, died naturally, Linda Chase said. "He just fell asleep." She kept him in his chair after he died, keeping him dressed and cleaned. His body did not stink, she said. She would talk to him and watch NASCAR races on television with him.
    Jackson officials believe that Zigler, who would have been 67 or 68, died around Christmas of 2010. That was 18 months ago. When Zigler's family members went to check on him after not hearing from him for a while, they went to the police, who found Zigler's body in his chair.
    Chase kept Zigler's body around for more than NASCAR races, however. She's admitted to cashing his social security checks, saying "I'm probably going to prison." She's currently being investigated. When family members, with whom Zigler did not have a close relationship, tried to contact him, Chase would tell them that he was gone. She told the paper that "It's not that I'm heartless. It's just that after so many bad things happen to you, I don't know.
    So, next time you have friends over for a race, check on them every once in a while. Yeah, they could be just taking a nap because it's Pocono, but you never know.

That is so batshiit crazy, it's awesome. I gotta remember to be nicer to my family so it doesn't take 18 months of radio silence before they really check on me!

Jets Insider VIP
    Happens more times than you think:

http://journalstar.com/news/state-an...52c36fd1a.html

A northeast Nebraska man likely was dead for months before investigators found him in a travel trailer at a Madison camping ground, an investigator says in court documents.

And Jack L. Fry's wife, Jeanne K. Fry, has been charged with concealing his remains.

The body of the 63-year-old Vietnam War veteran was found Tuesday after the Madison police chief and a pair of Madison County sheriff's investigators searched the trailer, which had been parked at the city camp ground for months, Investigator Jon M. Downey said.

The Frys' son, Johann, had reported his father missing earlier in November after last speaking with him in the first half of August, the son told investigators.

"Johann would repeatedly call his father's cellphone to speak to him; however, his mother (Jeanne) would answer and say Jack was unavailable," Downey wrote in a probable cause affidavit for Jeanne Fry's arrest.

Then, Jack Fry, 63, missed the funeral service for his mother, Marilyn Fry, Monday in Ewing.

Downey says that night, Madison Police Chief Ron Waterbury found Jeanne Fry sleeping in her vehicle on the camp ground, but she wouldn't allow him inside the trailer.

The Frys moved into the trailer after being evicted from their Norfolk home in August, Downey said in the affidavit. The couple also had lived and owned businesses in Ewing and Neligh, according to Jack Fry's obituary.

Waterbury got a search warrant for the trailer Tuesday. Before the chief and the investigators went inside, Downey said in the affidavit, he could see a human-shaped figure under a blanket on a bed in the trailer, and smelled rotting flesh from outside.

After the search, Downey called Jeanne Fry, then met with her at a restaurant in nearby Norfolk, where he arrested her. Madison County Judge Richard W. Krepela set her bond at 10 percent of $50,000.

Downey said Jack Fry likely died several months ago, possibly as early as August. The cause of death wasn't immediately known.

Fry was born in Tilden and graduated from Ewing High School in 1966. He attended Northeast Community College in Norfolk before enlisting in the Army in 1968, according to his obituary.

He married Jeanne Hobbs in 1971 and had two children: Johann, of Omaha, and Bridget, of Marion, Iowa.

Read more: http://journalstar.com/news/state-an...#ixzz20RbpnAQK

All League
    Get some TSA agents over there to mock "deadie" and take his candy.

Krafty should have tried this with Myra.

All League

I don't think it's funny.

It's just sad.

Some folks just can't get by without their loved one.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    The gash in that movie is so hot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

It's just sad.

Some folks just can't get by without their loved one's money.
    fixed.

It's just sad.

Some folks just can't get by without their loved one.
    we have to laugh to cover up our fear of our own mortality.

So, next time you have friends over for a race, check on them every once in a while. Yeah, they could be just taking a nap because it's Pocono, but you never know.[/QUOTE]

How the hell is that possible? He was DEAD. They didnt LIVE together after he died, and he sure didnt "Watch NASCAR with her."

Jets Insider VIP
    Nascar, huh? Some people have no respect for the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Yes!

we have to laugh to cover up our fear of our own mortality.
    No fear. I am well aware of my own pending demise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc

Hall Of Fame
    No fear. I am well aware of my own pending demise.
    Can I have your stapler?

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Can I have your stapler?

_
    Dibs on the flowbee.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Dibs on the flowbee.

-
    good call.....fair warning tho....stay away from the kilt.....