Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: Condi Rice, VP Choice (Drudge)

  1. #1

    Condi Rice, VP Choice (Drudge)

    Thoughts?

    Drudge is reporting Condi as a top pick for Romney. Other media are expressing strong doubts.

    How would that play for Romeny?

  2. #2
    I like her and she obviously has the track record...

    But politically throughout the election, it would hurt the campaign which shouldn't take precedence but does, obviously...

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,117
    She is bright, that's why she will not become a politician.

  4. #4
    Please, I beg you sweet baby Jesus, let Romney pick her as VP candidate

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    She is bright, that's why she will not become a politician.
    She may be bright, but she has also been dead wrong with just about every foreign policy decision she had to make.

  6. #6
    An interesting political move; its good for his base and has cross over appeal being that she is African-American and a woman. She is qualified from the point of view of having big time experience.

    But the draw back is simple and clear; the Bush Administration's wars will be front and center all over again. It will be a big issue with independent and moderate voters who overwhelmingly disapprove of the wars and the Bush Foreign policy.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    She may be bright, but she has also been dead wrong with just about every foreign policy decision she had to make.
    For example? Iraq, I'd assume is #1, but others?

    I assume you feel Ms. Clinton and Obama have been very good on Foreign Policy? Would I be correct in making that assumption?

    Outside your strong support for our Bombing Campaign in Libya and killing of (and proper Islamic at-sea burial for) Bin laden, I cannot specificly recall your views on the rest of the Obama/Clinton Foreign Policy record thus far.

    Can you enlighten me/inform me as to what your view is of this current team, and some of teh specifics they've done you feel were good/great?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    For example? Iraq, I'd assume is #1, but others?

    I assume you feel Ms. Clinton and Obama have been very good on Foreign Policy? Would I be correct in making that assumption?

    Outside your strong support for our Bombing Campaign in Libya and killing of (and proper Islamic at-sea burial for) Bin laden, I cannot specificly recall your views on the rest of the Obama/Clinton Foreign Policy record thus far.

    Can you enlighten me/inform me as to what your view is of this current team, and some of teh specifics they've done you feel were good/great?
    fish, as much as I am not a fan of Obama's foreign policy (in my view its a continuation of Bush in many ways), he has received high marks for it by moderates and independents. In the eyes of those people, Obama has been successful in this area whereas Bush was not.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    fish, as much as I am not a fan of Obama's foreign policy (in my view its a continuation of Bush in many ways), he has received high marks for it by moderates and independents. In the eyes of those people, Obama has been successful in this area whereas Bush was not.
    Then it should be very easy to list some specific agreed upon successes in that field, I would assume.

    I'm not laying criticism. I'm admitting I am unaware of what meaningful gains we've had in the realm of foreign policy since he/she took over. Concrete stuff, treaties, agreements, that help promote, protect and defend the United States and it's citizens, etc.

    Hence my request to be educated by those who support him.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,283
    I think she makes sense. Very qualified. And lets not pretend that being a black woman doesn't factor in. The negatives are obvious. I think she is also Pro Choice-ish. Not sure how that is going to play.

    I think Rubio has told them he does not want to be VP. I think he is going to wait for his chance to make his own run at the WH and doesn't want to be associated with another regime.

    You would think Romney would want a Florida or Ohio VP, trying to lock down one of those states. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,995
    Nominating for VP someone who is smarter, more educated, fluent and not as wooden as yourself would be a really quick way to lose the presidency.

    Romney would make a good VP for her.

  12. #12
    Politically Condi's pros outweigh her cons. Her association with some unpopular Bush Administration decisions would be a slight negative. They are outweighed by spome of her Pro's such as competence, likability and experience. The demographics factor is a major plus politically with her being an African American Woman.

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,581
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    An interesting political move; its good for his base and has cross over appeal being that she is African-American and a woman. She is qualified from the point of view of having big time experience.

    But the draw back is simple and clear; the Bush Administration's wars will be front and center all over again. It will be a big issue with independent and moderate voters who overwhelmingly disapprove of the wars and the Bush Foreign policy.
    Agreed 100%

    I'm a big fan of Condi, but that would be too easy for the DNC. It would be Obama vs. Bush all over again.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Politically Condi's pros outweigh her cons. Her association with some unpopular Bush Administration decisions would be a slight negative. They are outweighed by spome of her Pro's such as competence, likability and experience. The demographics factor is a major plus politically with her being an African American Woman.
    I have a feeling, call it a hunch, that no matter who Romney chooses, you will be here publicly and strongly supporting that person.

    But for fun, who amongst the current crop of likely VP choices, would you NOT support? Does one exist?

  15. #15
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,313
    I dunno - she doesn't seem like the right type to be a running mate. Among other things, a VP has to be an attack dog, and I don't see her as someone who will be constantly ripping into Obama. Doesn't seem like her style.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    But for fun, who amongst the current crop of likely VP choices, would you NOT support?
    I bet Chief wouldn't support Rachel Maddow for VP. Two ballsucking octopii down...

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I have a feeling, call it a hunch, that no matter who Romney chooses, you will be here publicly and strongly supporting that person.

    But for fun, who amongst the current crop of likely VP choices, would you NOT support? Does one exist?
    I wont be excited by a Rob Portman/Tim Pawlenty type boring older white man choice. If he chose Sara Palin I would be against that completely. I like Christie, Paul, Rubio, Martinez, Condi, and Nikki Haley.

    There aren't any VP's that would cause me to change my vote however.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,995
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I wont be excited by a Rob Portman/Tim Pawlenty type boring older white man choice.
    But you're gonna vote for a boring older white man for POTUS?

    You are very confusing.

  19. #19
    Can understand the choice but there has to be less tainted "non-white" VP candidates out there acceptable to the Republican voting core.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I wont be excited by a Rob Portman/Tim Pawlenty type boring older white man choice.
    "Not Excited" =/= Not Supportive

    One is forced to ponder how long it would take, in milliseconds, before you became excited should they be the choice.

    If he chose Sara Palin I would be against that completely
    So, you're against someone who has a less than 0% chance of being named.

    Thats attacking the question with integrity!

    There aren't any VP's that would cause me to change my vote however.
    Well, of course not. I would never have presumed there was.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us