Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomlinson warns Holmes could still be problem for Jets

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a reason that Pitt let him go...great player but TROUBLE

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL some of you are pathetic, oh he is just using to get his name out there. There is a very good chance holmes pulls the same crap this season. He isn't just going to magically change his personality

must be nice to live in lala land

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy's not a douche, but he is trying too hard.

At a certain point, The players have to let go this meltdown that we had last year, stop talking about it, and move on. It's just media fodder at this point.

Many teams have issues that are similar to what happened last year.

At what point do you start worrying about football, and stop acting like a scorned 12 year old girl?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The departure of Brian Schottenheimer will help Santonio Holmes' morale more than many think. He and Schottenheimer had a terrible relationship. Tony Sparano is a no nonsense guy who will get the most out of Holmes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    did anyone bother to actually listen to the interview? not including what rich eisen said to him for that segment totally takes LDT out of context. it was a pretty straight forward answer that wasn't outrageous at all, especially considering how much he was set up for it. eisen stated that he thinks if anything happens, it won't be because of the media or the fans. he thinks by week 6, if holmes isn't getting good production, he's gonna let it be known and tell the coaching staff to pick a qb. then LDT took it from there, and basically laughed and said how he could see that happening and then the quote you see there. LDT didn't pick holmes out of nowhere to throw him under the bus. holmes was already in the discussion.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    did anyone bother to actually listen to the interview? not including what rich eisen said to him for that segment totally takes LDT out of context. it was a pretty straight forward answer that wasn't outrageous at all, especially considering how much he was set up for it. eisen stated that he thinks if anything happens, it won't be because of the media or the fans. he thinks by week 6, if holmes isn't getting good production, he's gonna let it be known and tell the coaching staff to pick a qb. then LDT took it from there, and basically laughed and said how he could see that happening and then the quote you see there. LDT didn't pick holmes out of nowhere to throw him under the bus. holmes was already in the discussion.
    No I didn't and thank you for enlightening me. Context changes it all, and I withdraw my comment. Sorry LT!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have lost most of my respect for LT. When he came here I was thinking he would be a good team leader him self. Then when needed he did nothing to help motivate this team. Yes a good player himself but wasn't what we where hoping for in the long run. Now all he does is try to air dirty laundry and gossip. I thought SD fans where nuts in comments when he 1st came here but they where right on it seems.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    I think this is more stating the obvious than anything else. Holmes could definitely be a problem. There's a reason Pittsburgh let him go for practically nothing, and we saw why last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    There's a reason that Pitt let him go...great player but TROUBLE

Pitt let him go because they needed to show people that they were tough given the Big Ben scandals swirling around Pitt.

They couldn't do what they should have done. Holmes was the scape goat.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-14-2012 at 12:09 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The departure of Brian Schottenheimer will help Santonio Holmes' morale more than many think. He and Schottenheimer had a terrible relationship. Tony Sparano is a no nonsense guy who will get the most out of Holmes.
    QFT. Most of Holmes issues where with Shotty. For years all he did was lean on a run game. Then when he was asked to call passing plays he was just inept. When you entire O is basically down saying we cant do it. That is not one guy causing issue. That is a complete lack in confidence that your OC can call a play that works. Holmes wasn't being used right most of the year and he was vocal about it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Pitt let him go because they needed to show people that they were tough given the Big Ben scandals swirling around Pitt.

They couldn't do what they should have done. Holmes was the scape goat.
    Well yes but that was only one reason. Holmes did have those domestic issues that was over shadowed by Ben. Bottom line is he was and is a street thug. He also was up for a new deal and was a pre modana. He simply didn't fit their team image and wasn't worth a lot as a one year retail. Them trading him had nothing to due with his locker room behavior. He is a hard worker with a will to win. Unlike Pitts we knew all this when we signed him. He isn't here to be a team leader he is here because he is a good WR.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Well yes but that was only one reason. Holmes did have those domestic issues that was over shadowed by Ben. Bottom line is he was and is a street thug. He also was up for a new deal and was a pre modana. He simply didn't fit their team image and wasn't worth a lot as a one year retail. Them trading him had nothing to due with his locker room behavior. He is a hard worker with a will to win. Unlike Pitts we knew all this when we signed him. He isn't here to be a team leader he is here because he is a good WR.
    No, that was the reason. They couldn't get rid of Ben, would have thrown the team back years. The had to do something as there was talk that the fans wanted something done and bam, Holmes is gone. At a position that is front and center, a player that was front and center and more importantly to Pitt a position where they could lose a player. He wasn't a street thug, thats total nonsense. As is all the prima donna talk. And the domestic violence charges were dropped in 2006 by a judge. Hard to believe that even if they were true that the Steelers traded him in 2010, more than 4 years after the fact for this reason.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    QFT. Most of Holmes issues where with Shotty. For years all he did was lean on a run game. Then when he was asked to call passing plays he was just inept. When you entire O is basically down saying we cant do it. That is not one guy causing issue. That is a complete lack in confidence that your OC can call a play that works. Holmes wasn't being used right most of the year and he was vocal about it.
    This....No one has seemed to mention it, but to me this goes all the way back to the Pittsburgh AFC Championship game with Holmes being unhappy about being held out. I am sure there was more to that story as well. Frankly, I was shocked that he signed here after that incident and knowing Sch***ty was still around.