Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez lasting the whole year

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez lasting the whole year

I believe he has only missed 1 game in his career, he is a tough qb and has proven he can take a beating.

But it's very possible that he was forced into playing hurt (by himself and the coaches) because the alternative has always been Brunell. Unfortunately Sanchez at 50% was better than Brunell.

Now that presents an interesting scenario, if he starts taking a pounding does Tebow come in or do they go with a battered Sanchez. Not saying he is injury prone but he has been beaten up over the last few years and has always gotten up and stuck it out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy would come in for any injury to Mark.

Our fullback/punt protector would continue to Wildcat since he is a horrible NFL quarterback

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I rebel against the tebow zombies not the man himself. Better than Sanchez or not doesn't enter into your question here.

Tebow is our back up and he is a good QB, of course he should play when Sanchez is hurt. Are we going to keep him out and damage our number one further just because the media will jump up and down and say "See, we were right, they put Tebow in because Sanchez couldn't hack it!"

Which is exactly what will happen but so what? I'm smarter than to believe that and most fans are too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    McElroy would come in for any injury to Mark.

Our fullback/punt protector would continue to Wildcat since he is a horrible NFL quarterback

Ok, maybe not all the fans are that smart.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I rebel against the tebow zombies not the man himself. Better than Sanchez or not doesn't enter into your question here.

Tebow is our back up and he is a good QB, of course he should play when Sanchez is hurt. Are we going to keep him out and damage our number one further just because the media will jump up and down and say "See, we were right, they put Tebow in because Sanchez couldn't hack it!"

Which is exactly what will happen but so what? I'm smarter than to believe that and most fans are too.
    I guess my point is he probably should have been taken out last year due to injuries but wasn't. If the same scenario happens this year is he sent to heal or not?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see any quote from the front office or players implying that McElroy is stepping in after Sanchez if he goes down from injury or struggles. Is my understanding of a "#2 QB" mistaken?

I've said before that a viable backup for Sanchez (and by viable I mean "able to step into the game") might have gotten the Jets into the playoffs if Sanchez was actually as injured as some have claimed.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-13-2012 at 05:52 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    After 4 weeks of Sanchez playing like he has the past 3 years, he will be replaced by Tebow. Why are we still discussing this? This is exactly what is happening and if you do not believe this, well you dont know much about football.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's a tough as nails type of kid. The only way Sanchez isn't playing is if the coaching staff forces him to sit (week 17 against the Bills) or if he's carted off the field on a stretcher. Kid takes a beating, gets right back up, only to take another beating. Just a tough quarterback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLpimht0tUM

Kid has taken these types of beating time and time again, he gets up each and every time. Kid has guts. To answer your question, the only way Sanchez isn't playing is if he's physically unable to perform.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I would like to see any indication from the front office or players implying that McElroy is stepping in after Sanchez if he goes down from injury or struggles. Is my understanding of a "#2 QB" mistaken?

I've said before that a viable backup for Sanchez (and by viable I mean "able to step into the game") might have gotten the Jets into the playoffs if Sanchez was actually as injured as some have claimed.
    Isn't there a rule where if the #3 qb comes in then the starter can't come back in until the 4th qtr? I could be wrong but it something like that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    After 4 weeks of Sanchez playing like he has the past 3 years, he will be replaced by Tebow. Why are we still discussing this? This is exactly what is happening and if you do not believe this, well you dont know much about football.
    I am talking about if he is injured to the point where it affects his game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am talking about if he is injured to the point where it affects his game.
    Sanchez will be on the bench. But it will because of ineffective play, not due to injury.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Isn't there a rule where if the #3 qb comes in then the starter can't come back in until the 4th qtr? I could be wrong but it something like that.
    That rule was abolished in the new CBA. You're asking a very legit question, by the way.

DWC is missing the point... the question is, who comes in if Sanchez is unable to perform?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-13-2012 at 05:59 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If he continues on his current win loss percentage based on his first 3 years that puts him at about 3-1. How is that gonna bench him.??

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    who comes in if Sanchez is unable to perform?
    Who do you think?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Who do you think?
    I don't have to read the tea leaves too hard to know that it's Tebow. But I was just responding to sg3 who is supremely confident that if Sanchez suffered an injury, McElroy is coming in and Tebow is still sitting on the sidelines smiling. Do you agree with that?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-13-2012 at 06:20 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, maybe not all the fans are that smart.
    Welcome to an sg3 ignore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Not since the end of 2010. Roster size was increased and if 3 QBs dress they can all play

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if Sanchez is getting killed then McElroy won't last more than a few plays anyway. At least Tebow should be able to hold up at 270lbs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see any quote from the front office or players implying that McElroy is stepping in after Sanchez if he goes down from injury or struggles. Is my understanding of a "#2 QB" mistaken?

McElroy was on the DL last year. I think that's the confusion here, as to why he is viable, but didn't play last year when Sanchez was hurt...not saying he will be, or should be #2
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 07-13-2012 at 07:28 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex will have Sanchez on a short leash knowing he has Tebow.

He will pull Sanchez after 4 games and the Jets will say its due to an injury as to not bruise Mark's sensitive ego.