Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez lasting the whole year

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Yeah, and if Sanchez "gets benched" due to poor production, and Tebow comes in, and performs like he did against the Patriots during the playoffs ala 9/26, 136 yards, 34.6%, 0 TD's/0 INT's with a QB rating of only 52.7 during a 45-10 loss? He'll be benched in replace of Sanchez much faster than Sanchez getting benched for Tebow. If some fans are giving Sanchez a 4-5 week window before "getting replaced by Tebow"; Tebow would have a 1-2 week window at the very most.

Tebow will never become a full-time starter over Sanchez. Never. Not unless Sanchez goes down for the season. Our front office didn't bring in Tebow and his career completion percentage of 47.3% to replace the franchise quarterback who we just signed to a 3 year contract extension. There's a reason why Sanchez is (and will be) getting all the offseason/training camp reps with the 1st team. Tebow will be used all over the football field, as the football play that he's meant to be. He'll be the center piece of a Sparano led Wildcat Option (Think Brad Smith, but much more affective), he'll be used in Goal-line situations rushing behind Mangold at 6'3/240+ pounds, he'll be used as a HB in order to throw opposing defenses off, he'll be lined up at the FB position in order to keep the defenses off balance etc, etc.

We never traded for Tebow to become a potential replacement to Mark Sanchez. We'll draft during the first round for that. We landed Tebow to help expand our offense while complementing Mark Sanchez as an overall football player.
    Keep in mind he could have gone to Jacksonsville but the Jets. He personally chose the Jets. I guess being a fullback and punt protector for the Jets is better than a starting QB for the Jaguars. He gave up his life dream just to play for the Jets. And everyone believes this.

If you said to Tebow, straight up, this is your role, what would you predict as a response?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-14-2012 at 04:06 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Keep in mind he could have gone to Jacksonsville but the Jets. He personally chose the Jets. I guess being a fullback and punt protector for the Jets is better than a starting QB for the Jaguars. He gave up his life dream just to play for the Jets. And everyone believes this.

If you said to Tebow, straight up, this is your role, what would you predict as a response?
    It was made clear he would have been third string in Jacksonville.

Banned

Tebow would've had a much larger chance of starting over Blaine Gabbert when compared to Sanchez... So, what's your point? Maybe he came to the Jets to contribute to a possible winning football team when compared to a 5-11 Jaguars team?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    No they can't do that. It would bruise Marks fragile ego.
    Who said that? The trolls, or the media? Hard to tell them apart sometimes.

I don't think that was the case.

IIRC, Tebow didn't chose the Jets over the Jags. The Jags backed out because the Broncos weren't willing to pay enough of Tebow's back salary, thus leaving the Jets as the only option.

All Pro
    Tebow would've had a much larger chance of starting over Blaine Gabbert when compared to Sanchez... So, what's your point? Maybe he came to the Jets to contribute to a possible winning football team when compared to a 5-11 Jaguars team?
    He's trying to say that Tebow's camp thought he had a good chance to start here, and you fell right into it. He never had a chance to start anywhere.

Yeah I'm sure that fits perfectly in his professional ambitions.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It was made clear he would have been third string in Jacksonville.

Well he's second string in new york. Sounds like a good career choice.

All Pro
    Well he's second string in new york. Sounds like a good career choice.
    I still think if he's smart, the best career choice would be to learn how to block and catch. Btw there's no way he's only 240lbs anymore.

I still think if he's smart, the best career choice would be to learn how to block and catch. Btw there's no way he's only 240lbs anymore.
    If that were so, why was he spending a few days out at Jets West camp throwing balls to first-team receivers. That seems like a total waste of time for Tebow. I doubt they were doing Wildcat drills.

All Pro
    If that were so, why was he spending a few days out at Jets West camp throwing balls to first-team receivers. That seems like a total waste of time for Tebow. I doubt they were doing Wildcat drills.
    I said if he was smart. I didn't say he was smart.

I said if he was smart. I didn't say he was smart.
    The Fo has a say in this. Who's to get upset about? Tebow or Tanny?

Banned
    I guess being a fullback and punt protector for the Jets is...
    WRONG.

Tim Tebow will become the Center-Piece of a coach Sparano led Wildcat Formation. Sparano has rank outstanding Wildcat formations in Miami with Ronnie Brown as the focal point. He now has a dual-threat type of mack-truck in regards to Tim Tebow running his formation. Tim Tebow as the Center-Piece to a Sparano led Wildcat formation (Gator) rushing behind an All-Pro Center in Nick Mangold is going to become difficult for opposing defenses to stop, let alone contain.

He's going to be used as a football player in regards to the Jets offensive side of the ball. Center-Piece of a Sparano led Wildcat formation, he'll be used as both a HB and FB during 3rd and 1 and/or goal-line situations due to his rushing ability/body size, and could also end up being used as a TE in order to throw opposing defenses off balance. He'll become the Jets version of 90's "Slash" of the Steelers.

He never came to N.Y to become a "fullback and punt protector".

WRONG.

Tim Tebow will become the Center-Piece of a coach Sparano led Wildcat Formation. Sparano has rank outstanding Wildcat formations in Miami with Ronnie Brown as the focal point. He now has a dual-threat type of mack-truck in regards to Tim Tebow running his formation. Tim Tebow as the Center-Piece to a Sparano led Wildcat formation (Gator) rushing behind an All-Pro Center in Nick Mangold is going to become difficult for opposing defenses to stop, let alone contain.

He's going to be used as a football player in regards to the Jets offensive side of the ball. Center-Piece of a Sparano led Wildcat formation, he'll be used as both a HB and FB during 3rd and 1 and/or goal-line situations due to his rushing ability/body size, and could also end up being used as a TE in order to throw opposing defenses off balance. He'll become the Jets version of 90's "Slash" of the Steelers.

He never came to N.Y to become a "fullback and punt protector".
    That was a joke I pulled from sg... no one thinks Tebow is bound to be a fullback and punt protector. I am just as eager to see how this offense plays out as you are.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    I don't think that was the case.

IIRC, Tebow didn't chose the Jets over the Jags. The Jags backed out because the Broncos weren't willing to pay enough of Tebow's back salary, thus leaving the Jets as the only option.
    Thats the exact reason. It was the reason the trade with the Jets was initially called off. The Jets caved in and paid it, the Jags thought otherwise. It really has nothing to do with where Tebow wanted to play.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Thats the exact reason. It was the reason the trade with the Jets was initially called off. The Jets caved in and paid it, the Jags thought otherwise. It really has nothing to do with where Tebow wanted to play.
    Do you think Tebow is happy to give up his life dream as an NFL QB to play fullback and punt protect for the Jets? Perhaps Tanny performed a little Jedi Mind Trick on Tebow and said, "You do not want to be an NFL QB anymore, you want to play for us."
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-14-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Do you think Tebow is happy to give up his life dream as an NFL QB to play fullback and punt protect for the Jets?
    No, I think he wanted to go to Jacksonville. Regardless, Tebow will be here for only this season. His cap number jumps next year, so the Jets would have to restructure and extend him in order to keep him. If all goes well this season with Mark, there will not be a need for Tebow next season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I rebel against the tebow zombies not the man himself. Better than Sanchez or not doesn't enter into your question here.

Tebow is our back up and he is a good QB, of course he should play when Sanchez is hurt. Are we going to keep him out and damage our number one further just because the media will jump up and down and say "See, we were right, they put Tebow in because Sanchez couldn't hack it!"

Which is exactly what will happen but so what? I'm smarter than to believe that and most fans are too.
    agreed. I am getting sick of reading some of these guys opinions about Tebow. They are starting to sound like broken records! The guy went to the playoffs last year. He started the year as a #3 QB on a weak team. He was forced into playing with NO - OTAs, weight training program or even much camp time last year due to the lockout and being the #3 QB on the team. I do not think he will ever be a great QB but lets cut the guy some slack and stop with all the bs negativity. If he has to play I hope he wins for the Jets as he did for Denver! Oh the guy is a JET player! I support all Jet players! Further I hope Sanchez plays great and does not get hurt! But if he does get hurt I expect the HC to play the QB best suited to win games for us! Unlike some anti- any QB other then Sanchez fans, the object is to win games! Mark himself would want the QB with the best chance to win to play in the event he was injured. I will leave the decision of which QB to play up to the HC. He might know a bit more about the players then the negative nellies. In my opinion I think Tebow has more experience then McElroy and has played in regular NFL games and won them. He could be the first QB into the game! if so, I will support him as I would McElroy if he gets the call. However, I do not want to see Sanchez get hurt! GO JETS!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 07-14-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    No, I think he wanted to go to Jacksonville. Regardless, Tebow will be here for only this season. His cap number jumps next year, so the Jets would have to restructure and extend him in order to keep him. If all goes well this season with Mark, there will not be a need for Tebow next season.
    That might be true... that's certainly more likely than the claims from some Jets fans that "Tebow knows he sucks as a QB, he's going to gain weight, give up his dreams of being a starting QB and be a devastating fullback for the Jets."

If that's true, then let's all praise Tanny for being the One to change Tebow... he changed Tebow's career and life.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-14-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    That might be true... that's certainly more likely than the claims from some Jets fans that "Tebow knows he sucks as a QB, he's going to gain weight, give up his dreams of being a starting QB and be a devastating fullback for the Jets."
    Its not like he was a free agent and chose the Jets over 5 other teams. He didnt have a say in where he was going. There were not a bunch of teams interested in him, it came down to the Jets and Jags, the Jags backed out when they learned they had to pay the back salary, leaving the Jets as the only team left wanting him. I would hope that Tim still believes he can be a starter in the NFL, I just think he would have preferred to go somewhere else besides the Jets.