Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez lasting the whole year

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    McElroy was on the DL last year. I think that's the confusion here, as to why he is viable, but didn't play last year when Sanchez was hurt...not saying he will be, or should be #2
    No, there's no confusion. I know McElroy was out last year. Brunell was the only "viable" option last year despite all of the beatings Sanchez took. McElroy was the projected #3 last year, still is this year. Tebow is #2 on the depth chart. My response was to sg3 who claims McElroy is coming in if Sanchez goes down. I disagree.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-13-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sanchez will be on the bench. But it will because of ineffective play, not due to injury.
    Sanchez and the Jets don't need you, and you don't need them.

This is your only cure:

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    No, there's no confusion. I know McElroy was out last year. Brunell was the only "viable" option last year despite all of the beatings Sanchez took. McElroy was the projected #3 last year, still is this year. Tebow is #2 on the depth chart. My response was to sg3 who claims McElroy is coming in if Sanchez goes down. I disagree.
    I agree with you about Tebow, but still think Mc gets in a few games last year if he didn't get hurt. Brunell wasn't what I call viable.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I agree with you about Tebow, but still think Mc gets in a few games last year if he didn't get hurt. Brunell wasn't what I call viable.
    I didn't mean to say a thing about 2011. Just talking about this upcoming year. If Sanchez goes down with an injury (of any kind, even just a shoulder injury for a game)... who goes in? It's going to be Tebow, despite some who think that could never happen.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    If Sanchez goes down with an injury (of any kind, even just a shoulder injury for a game)... who goes in? It's going to be Tebow, despite some who think that could never happen.
    Exactly

No one can be naive enough to actually believe that we just traded for the most polarizing name in sports right now to be our 2nd string FB, personal protector on special teams and run a wildcat play once or twice a game.

The Jets made this move to push Sanchez and if he falters, then Tebow will bridge the gap to another QB.

Does anyone honestly believe that if Sanchez starts the season poorly and we get off to a 1-4 or 1-5 start he won't be benched in favor of Tebow? Of course he will. If we wanted to simply bring in a marginal backup to Sanchez then we would've just stuck with Drew Stanton.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Exactly

No one can be naive enough to actually believe that we just traded for the most polarizing name in sports right now to be our 2nd string FB, personal protector on special teams and run a wildcat play once or twice a game.

The Jets made this move to push Sanchez and if he falters, then Tebow will bridge the gap to another QB.

Does anyone honestly believe that if Sanchez starts the season poorly and we get off to a 1-4 or 1-5 start he won't be benched in favor of Tebow? Of course he will. If we wanted to simply bring in a marginal backup to Sanchez then we would've just stuck with Drew Stanton.
    I would contribute to VIP status for this site to follow you and DWC debate the merits of Mark Sanchez for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Exactly
    That is exactly NOT the question here. The question is if Sanchez is injured, will Tebow go in.

Well no sh!t... End of discussion. Save the Tzom crap for another thread.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    That is exactly NOT the question here. The question is if Sanchez is injured, will Tebow go in.

Well no sh!t... End of discussion. Save the Tzom crap for another thread.
    What the hell is the difference?

If Sanchez goes down, you're kidding yourself if you think someone like McElroy will get put in ahead of Tebow.

Same thing applies if Sanchez starts off the season poorly and we're in a hole.

Only way Tebow will become the starter is if Sanchez goes out with an injury. That said, one interesting possibility is that if Sanchez does something extremely boneheaded, Rex might put the Tebow in for a series running the WC. That would give Rex/Sparano/Cavanaugh and company time to get into Sanchez's head a bit, then send him back in.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sanchez will be on the bench. But it will because of ineffective play, not due to injury.
    You are a buffoon.

Jets Insider VIP
    and an ignored SOJF buffoon to boot....say hello to rextilleon...mainepat and DBAKE

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    My only question prior to taking him was how tough he is he is pretty tough, however, I have not seem him take the types of cracks Eli has had yet, and hope I never do, we will see.

I love how this kid has lost the team to Tebow without not even taking one 2012 snap.

Should we even play the games?

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I love how this kid has lost the team to Tebow without not even taking one 2012 snap.

Should we even play the games?
    Yes, of course. But do you think he'll still have the reigns if the team stumbles out of the gate at say, 1-5? Are you of the belief that Tebow was only brought in as an occasional wildcat option?

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Yes, of course. But do you think he'll still have the reigns if the team stumbles out of the gate at say, 1-5? Are you of the belief that Tebow was only brought in as an occasional wildcat option?
    Depends on how we're losing. If the Jets come out and score 20-30 points per game, and they're losing 24-27, 28-34, 31-35, etc., there won't be a change. How will inserting Tebow change that? If the Jets come out and lose 14-16, 10-17, etc., how will inserting Tebow change that as well?

If Sanchez comes out throwing 3 INTs per game, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Rex will have Sanchez on a short leash knowing he has Tebow.

He will pull Sanchez after 4 games and the Jets will say its due to an injury as to not bruise Mark's sensitive ego.

Stick to your lame attempts at humor, your attempts to talk football suck even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Depends on how we're losing. If the Jets come out and score 20-30 points per game, and they're losing 24-27, 28-34, 31-35, etc., there won't be a change. How will inserting Tebow change that? If the Jets come out and lose 14-16, 10-17, etc., how will inserting Tebow change that as well?

If Sanchez comes out throwing 3 INTs per game, then yes.
    It would take a horrendous collapse on Sanchez's part for Tebow to come in and start over Sanchez for non-injury reasons. I don't know what Sanchez will bring to the table under a revamped offensive system, but I just can't see him performing badly enough to warrant a switch at the QB position regardless of what the media is crowing about. It simply won't happen.

If the Jets are in a position where they need to throw to win the game, Tebow is the last person in the entire league I'd want under center.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Only way Tebow will become the starter is if Sanchez goes out with an injury. That said, one interesting possibility is that if Sanchez does something extremely boneheaded, Rex might put the Tebow in for a series running the WC. That would give Rex/Sparano/Cavanaugh and company time to get into Sanchez's head a bit, then send him back in.
    No they can't do that. It would bruise Marks fragile ego.

Banned
    Yeah, and if Sanchez "gets benched" due to poor production, and Tebow comes in, and performs like he did against the Patriots during the playoffs ala 9/26, 136 yards, 34.6%, 0 TD's/0 INT's with a QB rating of only 52.7 during a 45-10 loss? He'll be benched in replace of Sanchez much faster than Sanchez getting benched for Tebow. If some fans are giving Sanchez a 4-5 week window before "getting replaced by Tebow"; Tebow would have a 1-2 week window at the very most.

Tebow will never become a full-time starter over Sanchez. Never. Not unless Sanchez goes down for the season. Our front office didn't bring in Tebow and his career completion percentage of 47.3% to replace the franchise quarterback who we just signed to a 3 year contract extension. There's a reason why Sanchez is (and will be) getting all the offseason/training camp reps with the 1st team. Tebow will be used all over the football field, as the football play that he's meant to be. He'll be the center piece of a Sparano led Wildcat Option (Think Brad Smith, but much more affective), he'll be used in Goal-line situations rushing behind Mangold at 6'3/240+ pounds, he'll be used as a HB in order to throw opposing defenses off, he'll be lined up at the FB position in order to keep the defenses off balance etc, etc.

We never traded for Tebow to become a potential replacement to Mark Sanchez. We'll draft during the first round for that. We landed Tebow to help expand our offense while complementing Mark Sanchez as an overall football player.