Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: getting a divorce b^tches!!!!

All League

getting a divorce b^tches!!!!

my first and hopefully my final.
    i have so many questions to ask since i never have through something like this before like:

how long should i wait before dating again?
    should i get the kids on the weekend or the weekdays?
    what should i keep for myself as far as material possessions?

those are just a few.
    although its not want i ultimately wanted i guess the final decision always goes to the person with the vagina.
    any help will be greatly appreciated

Jets Insider VIP
    Talk to Ragu.

You can corner him at his next wedding reception and pepper him with questions about all this.

talk to SAR.

he gave great relationship advice to OhioJetFan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Knowing the troubles you are/were going through, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope it is as easy a process as possible. Coming from a nasty divorce as a child, I can only say the kids will definitely suffer to some degree. Divorce is both selfless and selfish. Just the nature of the beast, unfortunately. Best of luck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Best advice I can give you is that this ain't about you... it's about your kids.

Do whatever you can to make the divorce as amicable as possible. Not saying you should give her everything she wants but don't let her bait you into fights.

Whatever Issues you and the wife have pale in comparison to what your kids are going through.

Oh... and hire a good f***ing attorney.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Divorce is both selfless and selfish.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Jetworks iz like deep man.

Ask Bob Kraft about the dating part.

Hall Of Fame
    Weren't you the guy who started the thread a couple of months ago about your wife and the "gay friend"?

Anyways, congrats.

Kids on weekends is nice. That is until you want to party. How old are they? You might be paying child support for a while.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-13-2012 at 08:20 PM.

All Pro
    Sorry bro. Been down that road but no kids and it was amicable in terms of money, property.

Like others have said, get a good divorce attorney if you can.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Knowing the troubles you are/were going through, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope it is as easy a process as possible. Coming from a nasty divorce as a child, I can only say the kids will definitely suffer to some degree. Divorce is both selfless and selfish. Just the nature of the beast, unfortunately. Best of luck.
    i felt like this at first jetworks, and i doubled my efforts to salvage the relationship, however she never met me halfway in the process. we are not involving lawyers and there will be no child support filed. she will tell me exactly what the kids need and i will provide it. school supplies, food ,clothing etc.
    my responsibilties as a father imo have not changed, just my marital status.

feminism has ruined the western woman.

Veteran
    I wonder who has been through the most divorces in the Hampur ? Given that there are lots of divorces, NMD07 deserves lots of input here. My two sets of friends that have gone through divorce, the women have precipitated it both cases. It seems soul destroying. In the situations I know, the men in their misery go hog wild after divorce; the women look to re-partner rather quickly.

It seems that it's important to take some time out from the game before jumping back (depending on how long things have been going south). It's definitely a time for navel-gazing, some honest reflection and be the best parent that you can be irrespective of your track record to this point.

Put you kids first and they will remember you when you are a lonely old fart and need someone to turn up occasionally and witness your wrinkled existence. My father is in his seventies, lives with a crazy old loon... he does not get many visitors despite having produced many offspring; it's a result of his testosterone driven hedonism that ruled much of his parenting years.

Hall Of Fame
    How far will you be sitting from your ex?

_

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Weren't you the guy who started the thread a couple of months ago about your wife and the "gay friend"?

Anyways, congrats.

Kids on weekends is nice. That is until you want to party. How old are they? You might be paying child support for a while.
    naw that wasnt me. its bitter sweet for me. over the years she just kept losing sight in what was important in the marriage just like i did as well. it always felt to me like i was single except for paying more in bills from her excess. im thinking right now maybe because im the type of person i am, maybe i was never meant to be married...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I wonder who has been through the most divorces in the Hampur ? Given that there are lots of divorces, NMD07 deserves lots of input here. My two sets of friends that have gone through divorce, the women have precipitated it both cases. It seems soul destroying. In the situations I know, the men in their misery go hog wild after divorce; the women look to re-partner rather quickly.

It seems that it's important to take some time out from the game before jumping back (depending on how long things have been going south). It's definitely a time for navel-gazing, some honest reflection and be the best parent that you can be irrespective of your track record to this point.

Put you kids first and they will remember you when you are a lonely old fart and need someone to turn up occasionally and witness your wrinkled existence. My father is in his seventies, lives with a crazy old loon... he does not get many visitors despite having produced many offspring; it's a result of his testosterone driven hedonism that ruled much of his parenting years.
    great advice thank you! im meeting someone tommorow night from a class i took to get my motorcycle license. we exchanged numbers and she called me out the blue. nice person, great body but the wounds from all that im going through are still too fresh. right now it would be better just to be friends and get my self in order{ mind/body/soul} before doing anything like that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    naw that wasnt me. its bitter sweet for me. over the years she just kept losing sight in what was important in the marriage just like i did as well. it always felt to me like i was single except for paying more in bills from her excess. im thinking right now maybe because im the type of person i am, maybe i was never meant to be married...
    I suppose sooner is better than later with these things. Just have to put the children first. Try to make things as quick and painless as they can be. It is going to be hard on everyone involved, there is no sense is making it any harder. I am not sure if I would go public with anyone right away. Try to keep the new relationship private. You might get lucky and your wife might find someone soon which would make things easier, but to be dating so soon might not be a good thing for you to do. Wifey might get pissed and try to stick it to you.

How old are you?
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-13-2012 at 08:43 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I suppose sooner is better than later with these things. Just have to put the children first. Try to make things as quick and painless as they can be. It is going to be hard on everyone involved, there is no sense is making it any harder. I am not sure if I would go public with anyone right away. Try to keep the new relationship private. You might get lucky and your wife might find someone soon which would make things easier, but to be dating so soon might not be a good thing for you to do. Wifey might get pissed and try to stick it to you.

How old are you?
    turned 30 in june. the way i see it i got about another 30 years left here i guess i would not be completely lost in life if i never got married again you know.... i eventually wanted to buy my hog and just pick a direction and ride, or travel a bit, things i could not do before. but right now my depression has set in so i guess i would have to wait before that passes before all the happy stuff starts to happen...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    great advice thank you! im meeting someone tommorow night from a class i took to get my motorcycle license. we exchanged numbers and she called me out the blue. nice person, great body but the wounds from all that im going through are still too fresh. right now it would be better just to be friends and get my self in order{ mind/body/soul} before doing anything like that.
    you're welcome ... motorcycle hot body chick sounds wonderful but its probably way to early for anything other than beer buddies/drunken face sucking. Of course you do realize that if you focus on prioritizing your kids, women will find this very sexy ... just saying ...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    you're welcome ... motorcycle hot body chick sounds wonderful but its probably way to early for anything other than beer buddies/drunken face sucking. Of course you do realize that if you focus on prioritizing your kids, women will find this very sexy ... just saying ...
    o without question my kids are and always will be my first priority. but i love the idea of just making out with them and thats it. the best of both worlds i guess. i could tell you right now that if i had the money and the resources i would create a class to educate younger men about the pro's and cons of getting married in todays society.

Banned
    Best advice? Don't put too much into what people over a football message board have to say, follow your heart man. Following your heart is the best advice, because no one understands your on personality/situation and/or feelings as well as you do yourself.