View Poll Results: What's your status, b!tches? (anonymous)

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Married, happily

24 48.00%
  • Married, thinking divorce

5 10.00%
  • Divorced

5 10.00%
  • Dating, happily

7 14.00%
  • Dating, hate the b!tch, she's outta here soon

0 0%
  • southside

2 4.00%
  • Other

7 14.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you divorced, getting divorced, thinking about it, or not thinking?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    So, is it a good thing or bad thing that you cheaped out and got the Expedition instead of the Denali?

All good. I already dented the hood of the Expedition by not tying a kayak properly to the rack.

I would have taken that alot harder with a fargin Denali.

Btw, wife woke up, not mad, and pretended it never happened.

This is the part where I pretend it never happened.

That....... is marriage!

Jets Insider VIP
    Damn, I think I did goof the options a little. We should have Divorced and Remarried, maybe engaged too (although you can select dating happily.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It seems like there's a heavy correlation between Hampurism and divorce.

Not sure if surprised.

Hall Of Fame
    Widowed. Was married for 19 years to my college sweetheart, so we were together for abour 24 years. Great marriage, ended way too soon.

After my wife passed away, I started dating a lot, kind of thought that eventually I'd get married again because I liked being married. Maybe I was spoiled.

But there were a lot of crazies on the market, and even the nice ones had their baggage--a bastard ex-husband, kids, too many kids, overly obssessive about their kids, wanted to have kids, psychosis, demanding, hormonal, moody, argumentative, didn't want to deal with my kids, wanted to be a mother to my kids, over-sexed, under-sexed, princess-types, Daddy issues, dumb, couldn't deal with the lingering aura of my wife, etc. It was fun, but a challenge at times.

Met a cute petite woman a while back, no kids (couldn't have them-the reason she never married), no baggage, have never had an argument-our personalities match up such that we don't really have any conflicts. Very unpretentious, is caring, funny and bright. I do all the cooking, she cleans, we see each other 4-5 days a week (she usually stays at my house every weekend), we read, go to or watch movies, eat very well, drink wine or cocktails, travel a lot, have great sex, see live music, go to sporting events (she gets that musicals are off the table), relax and just enjoy ourselves. She loves my kids but doesn't try to be motherly. And has total respect for the memories we have of my wife.

Kind of a very nice balance we've struck. We look like the perfect little couple--she's only a few years younger than me but she looks like she's about 37 or 38. Should probably get married, but there really is no necessity. When I said I liked being married--I guess I really mean I like being married to my wife. And I think my GF understands and respects that.

Who knows, maybe when my last sopne is done with college in 5 years and the rest of them are married.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    ^^^
    This guy gets it. If I didn't already prefer to chew glass than to have a beer with you, I'd have a beer with you Stokes.

Happily married for almost five years, two great kids and intercourse several times a week. And since my birthday in May, there has been at least weekly oral. No idea what caused the sudden uptick, but I'm afraid it'll slow down/stop if I ask. Better to just be happy with the knob-washes than to question them.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    I took my whole family to the Atlanta Zoo yesterday, my wife got mad beacuse I wanted a zoo hat it was in the 90's hot and humid. she was
    a little upset at what? I dunno. Woke up this morning and am still married, thats a good thing.

If you survive Zoo Hat, it's smooth sailing.

All Pro
    Fell in love 28 years ago, got married 27 years ago, had a kid 25 years ago, it's been a lot of fun and quite rewarding. Had maybe 5 fights over the years, never name call or raise our voices at each other, we respect each other and accept each other and our faults. Still love her. I am amazed that she stuck with me all this time, she certainly could of done better.

First grand child on the way, really looking forward to the future.

We are the last couple out of our group that is still married, my Buddy Joe who was happily married up till last January when his wife announced she was unfufilled or some crap out of the blue, Joe never saw it comong and neither did any one else, turns out she left him for a 19 year old, 30 years of marriage gone. So I worry something bizarre like that could happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post

I am amazed that she stuck with me all this time, she certainly could of done better.

Like someone with a capital "G".

_

I picked happily married.

But let me ask you guys something. Mrs. FF2 and I have all the big issues covered. Both have decent careers, money socked away, 2 healthy older kids. So basically life is pretty good right?

Yet Mrs. FF2 will find SOMETHING, the one tiny thing that isn't perfect and make it an issue. I'm talking about bringing back soda bottles or a broken cabinet handle.

Why do women do this?

Does she really secretly hate my guts or does she just NEED something to complain about at all times?

I should mention I do things like drink from containers in the fridge and put them back. These are major sins I guess.

I have no problem with her quirks and don't say a word....why cant she do the same?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    ^^^
    This guy gets it. If I didn't already prefer to chew glass than to have a beer with you, I'd have a beer with you Stokes.

Happily married for almost five years, two great kids and intercourse several times a week. And since my birthday in May, there has been at least weekly oral. No idea what caused the sudden uptick, but I'm afraid it'll slow down/stop if I ask. Better to just be happy with the knob-washes than to question them.
    Maybe it was because you PM'd me you got this as a gift.

http://technabob.com/blog/2012/07/03...zer-underwear/
    Last edited by dmitexxi; 07-14-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I picked happily married.

But let me ask you guys something. Mrs. FF2 and I have all the big issues covered. Both have decent careers, money socked away, 2 healthy older kids. So basically life is pretty good right?

Yet Mrs. FF2 will find SOMETHING, the one tiny thing that isn't perfect and make it an issue. I'm talking about bringing back soda bottles or a broken cabinet handle.

Why do women do this?

Does she really secretly hate my guts or does she just NEED something to complain about at all times?

I should mention I do things like drink from containers in the fridge and put them back. These are major sins I guess.

I have no problem with her quirks and don't say a word....why cant she do the same?
    Most women do not have the capacity to differentiate between little piddling things and the big things.

It's just how they are wired.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Most women do not have the capacity to differentiate between little piddling things and the big things.

_
    Afrigginmen...

And Happily Married, albeit only two years in August...

Engaged for 2 year and in a relationship for the past 5 years and getting married in December.

I hoped my marriage turns out to be a lot better for me than it did for some of you guys.

All Pro

_
    Exactly! I can cross of 6 things from her never ending to do list, save $200 on a contractor, get every item on the grocery list but get an eye roll b/c I "slammed" the door when I came home.

I just say "sorry babe", smile, and go upstairs and watch the Yankees and complain on JI.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Afrigginmen...

And Happily Married, albeit only two years in August...
    The other thing I've determined about women is that they can't compartmentalize stuff.

There are no small problems, they all get lumped into one big problem.

My dearly departed, loved her unconditionally, but she could never look at or tackle a seemingly unrelated issue from a number of other unrelated issues.

Men look at issues with singularity. And we don't develop anxiety, because we understand that they can all be dealt with individually.

Women pile things on top of things and they let it create anxiety because how can anyone solve this whole big mess?

_

The other thing I've determined about women is that they can't compartmentalize stuff.

My dearly departed, loved her unconditionally, but she could never look at or tackle a seemingly unrelated issue from a number of other unrelated issues.

Men look at issues with singularity. And we don't develop anxiety, because we understand that they can all be dealt with individually.

Women pile things on top of things and they let it create anxiety because how can anyone solve this whole big mess?

_
    never mind that, should I be allowed to drink out of he container, then put it back in fridge, considering I paid for the drink, the fridge, and the house?

or am I an inconsiderate jerk?

All Pro

_

That explains a lot. So she HAS to worry about the whole 20 point to do list all at once, where as I can think, let's just chop one off at a time.

All Pro
    never mind that, should I be allowed to drink out of he container, then put it back in fridge, considering I paid for the drink, the fridge, and the house?

Oh, you're a wife-jerk, no question.

Hall Of Fame

That was something I did from early on so it was never an issue. The GF doesn't seem to mind it either. But at some point, you are the ruler of the house, drining out of the container should be one of the perks.

And I had 3 older sisters, so I was indoctrinated since a little kid about the toilet seat always being left down, and having 2 girls, my 2 sopnes are just as considerate.

_

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

And I had 3 older sisters, so I was indoctrinated since a little kid about the toilet seat always being left down, and having 2 girls, my 2 sopnes are just as considerate.
    Two girls?

SAR I