Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A look at the Jets upcoming schedule (outside of the AFC East).

Banned

A look at the Jets upcoming schedule (outside of the AFC East).

Now, as we all know, it's pretty much impossible to predict how the season will play out due to potential (future) injuries, football being a game of inches, teams improving/declining each and every offseason/season etc, etc. That's what this thread is for, to discuss the improvements made (or lack thereof) in regards to our upcoming schedule.

Now, in regards to the AFC East, we all know about the Patriots and the Bills (defense) seems to be much improved. The key for us making the playoffs (or possibly competing for the AFC East) is to hold our own inside of our division. A 5-1 AFC East record would be idea. Can we split with NE? Who knows, but hopefully we can sweep both Miami and Buffalo. If we get swept by NE again, just my honest opinion, we're not winning the division. Which is why I mention 5-1. The ability to split with NE is there, and if we can't sweep Buffalo and Miami, we don't deserve the division to begin with.

Week 2: @ Pittsburgh: 12-4
    Week 4: vs 49ers: 13-3
    Week 5: vs Texans: 10-6
    Week 6: vs Colts: 2-14
    Week 10: @ Seattle: 7-9
    Week 11: @ St.Louis: 2-14
    Week 13: vs Cardinals: 8-8
    Week 14: @ Jacksonville: 5-11
    Week 15: @ Titans: 9-7
    Week 16: vs Chargers: 8-8

This, on paper, looks to be a favorable schedule for the Jets. The potentially very difficult teams, that instantly stand out, would have to be the Steelers, 49ers, Texans and Chargers. Outside of the Steelers, all 3 of the 49ers, Texans and Charger games are home games. I wouldn't like the idea of being the complete opposite. For example, the 49ers (west coast), Texans and Chargers (West Coast). Outside of the AFC East, once we get past the Texans of week 5, suddenly, this schedule doesn't seem so brutal.

My question is this, of the Non-AFC East opponents, which of these teams would you say has had the strongest offseasons, and why? Which teams would you say has taken a step back? And which of these teams (heading into the season) would you say seem to be about the same as last season?
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-14-2012 at 12:48 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Now, in regards to the AFC East, we all know about the Patriots and the Bills (defense) seems to be much improved.
    I'm confused. In earlier post you said the Pats have done nothing to improve and in fact will be worse.

which is it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm confused. In earlier post you said the Pats have done nothing to improve and in fact will be worse.

which is it?

Never said anything about the Patriots improving. Maybe I should have worded it differently, is what I means was A.) We all know about the Patriots as a team (What they've done in years past) and B.) The improvements to the Bills, specifically on the defensive side of the ball (Williams and Anderson come to mind). I haven't seen much improvements in regards to the Patriots, other than Lloyd on the offensive side of the ball. On defense, is what I do know is that NE lost two of their top pass rushers. Anderson and Carter combined for 50% of NE's sacks last season. 40 team sacks, Anderson and Carter did combine for 20.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Never said anything about the Patriots improving. Maybe I should have worded it differently, is what I means was A.) We all know about the Patriots as a team (What they've done in years past) and B.) The improvements to the Bills, specifically on the defensive side of the ball (Williams and Anderson come to mind). I haven't seen much improvements in regards to the Patriots, other than Lloyd on the offensive side of the ball. On defense, is what I do know is that NE lost two of their top pass rushers. Anderson and Carter combined for 50% of NE's sacks last season. 40 team sacks, Anderson and Carter did combine for 20.
    So given that, the already sucky Pats D getting worse and all the improvements the Jets have made, plus Sanchez improving each and every year, why not say the Jets will go 6-0 in the division?
    Last edited by FF2; 07-14-2012 at 01:03 PM.

So given that, the already sucky Pats D getting worse and all the improvements the Jets have made, plus Sanchez improving each and every year, why not say the Jets will go 6-0 in the division?
    Obviously the Patriots D is going to be worse- statistically they are losing half of their sacks. The Patriots in 2011? Carter and Anderson were studs and combined for 20 sacks. Patriots had 40 sacks. 20 is half of 40 therefore 50% of their sacks are lost. How are they going to replace half of their sacks here in 2012?

Forward: San Francisco. Kept all 11 starters on the best defense in football and added speed to their only position of weakness for what they like to do, wide receiver. Honorable mention: Arizona.

Backward: Houston. Schaub coming back from a foot injury and they cut/let go of three offensive lineman (C,RG,RT). Have fun with that, Scaub and Arian the Vegan.

Same: Jacksonville. As long as Blaine Gabbert is there, that offense will do nothing through the air.

Now, as we all know, it's pretty much impossible to predict how the season will play out due to potential (future) injuries, football being a game of inches, teams improving/declining each and every offseason/season etc, etc. That's what this thread is for, to discuss the improvements made (or lack thereof) in regards to our upcoming schedule.

Now, in regards to the AFC East, we all know about the Patriots and the Bills (defense) seems to be much improved. The key for us making the playoffs (or possibly competing for the AFC East) is to hold our own inside of our division. A 5-1 AFC East record would be idea. Can we split with NE? Who knows, but hopefully we can sweep both Miami and Buffalo. If we get swept by NE again, just my honest opinion, we're not winning the division. Which is why I mention 5-1. The ability to split with NE is there, and if we can't sweep Buffalo and Miami, we don't deserve the division to begin with.

This, on paper, looks to be a favorable schedule for the Jets. The potentially very difficult teams, that instantly stand out, would have to be the Steelers, 49ers, Texans and Chargers. Outside of the Steelers, all 3 of the 49ers, Texans and Charger games are home games. I wouldn't like the idea of being the complete opposite. For example, the 49ers (west coast), Texans and Chargers (West Coast). Outside of the AFC East, once we get past the Texans of week 5, suddenly, this schedule doesn't seem so brutal.

My question is this, of the Non-AFC East opponents, which of these teams would you say has had the strongest offseasons, and why? Which teams would you say has taken a step back? And which of these teams (heading into the season) would you say seem to be about the same as last season?
    I actually love this schedule. SF, Texas, SD, and Zona at home are huge. The 2 best west team have to cross the country so do SD and Texas. The Pitt game is a wash regardless so I'd rather that be away. They are slow starters so I do like seeing week 2 there. Seattle, SL, and Jax shouldn't be hard even as away games. Even is SL or Seattle is better then expected 2 wins there. I would rather Indy as an away game instead of Tenn but I don't expect Tenn to be better then last year. I am hoping to see Locker. If this team can't win at least 11 games with the schedule I'll be ticked.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 07-14-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Rookie
    Carter hasn't resigned and is still a possibility. Pats still have 2 openings available on their 90 man roster limit for TC.

Fanene has over 6 sacks a year (2009 & 2011) on the Bungles D. Anderson and Carter revived their careers in New England last season.

Given the addition of some size and speed on the defense with Jones and Hightower along with a healthy McCourty and Dowling, who can say the sack totals won't stay status quo or be even better?

There's even a sleeper with the 3rd rounder Jake Bequette out of Arkansas.
    written by a Jet fan----->(http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...l-of-the-draft)

Just another viewpoint that could be considered.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Fanene has over 6 sacks a year (2009 & 2011) on the Bungles D. Anderson and Carter revived their careers in New England last season.
    Lets not make this guy out to be some type of "proven" pass rusher. Jonathan Fanene is a 30 year old who's been in the league for 7 years with a career total of a whopping 13.5 sacks. Lets not act like this career jag can compete/compare to guys such as Anderson (35.5 career sacks) and/or Carter (76.0 career sacks). You can spin it any which way possible, but you've lost 20 of your 40 sacks from last year in Anderson and Carter (Top two pass rushers). And please, lets not mention the likes of McCourty and Dowling, as if they're "expected" to improve NE's defense. Ras-I Dowling is a complete unknown after being A.) Drafted during the 2nd round and B.) Missing the entire season due to a season ending injury during his rookie season. That injury may have (could have) slowed his developmental progress by a good 2-3 years. Time will tell. Also, McCourty? He was healthy last season. He played during 14 of 16 games, and just so happened to blow as a 2nd year payer. He was awful. Was proved to safety from CB due to lack of progression/production at the CB position. Was just an awful coverage corner last season. Ranked as one of the worst 5 CB's of last season.

On a side note, this thread wasn't created to discuss the Patriots. We have 50 other threads for that. It's about our schedule outside of the AFC East, as you can see with the thread title. If the likes of you and FF2 choose to feel the need to speak about the Patriots, during each and every post of each and every thread? Enjoy your time on a New England Patriots message board.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-14-2012 at 03:27 PM.

The key for the Jets winning the division isn't beating Tom Brady, it's winning all of the games they shouldn't lose. The Pats do, the Jets don't do often enough. The Jets will have to win a minimum of 11 games to even think about winning the division.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-14-2012 at 03:35 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Lets not make this guy out to be some type of "proven" pass rusher. Jonathan Fanene is a 30 year old who's been in the league for 7 years with a career total of a whopping 13.5 sacks. Lets not act like this career jag can compete/compare to guys such as Anderson (35.5 career sacks) and/or Carter (76.0 career sacks). You can spin it any which way possible, but you've lost 20 of your 40 sacks from last year in Anderson and Carter (Top two pass rushers). And please, lets not mention the likes of McCourty and Dowling, as if they're "expected" to improve NE's defense. Ras-I Dowling is a complete unknown after being A.) Drafted during the 2nd round and B.) Missing the entire season due to a season ending injury during his rookie season. That injury may have (could have) slowed his developmental progress by a good 2-3 years. Time will tell. Also, McCourty? He was healthy last season. He played during 14 of 16 games, and just so happened to blow as a 2nd year payer. He was awful. Was proved to safety from CB due to lack of progression/production at the CB position. Was just an awful coverage corner last season. Ranked as one of the worst 5 CB's of last season.

On a side note, this thread wasn't created to discuss the Patriots
    Then why did you?

All League

which is it?
    Then why did you?
    =============================================

Please stick to the hamper where you have some value as a poster, rather then trolling DWC please.

Rookie
    I usually only post on threads/subjects that have to do with the Patriots. They are AFC East rivals, and to boot, DWC mentioned they hadn't done anything to improve their D (despite drafting mainly defense and signing defensive FA's).

Dowling looked promising until his injury. McCourty has shown he can be an effective CB. I tend to think the next to last ranked defense will improve over last year's miserable performance (mid pack in points allowed).

Opposing OPINIONS tend to upset DWC.

What is the hamper?
    Last edited by Spectre; 07-14-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: hamper?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    I usually only post on threads/subjects that have to do with the Patriots. They are AFC East rivals, and to boot, DWC mentioned they hadn't done anything to improve their D (despite drafting mainly defense and signing defensive FA's).

Dowling looked promising until his injury. McCourty has shown he can be an effective CB. I tend to think the next to last ranked defense will improve over last year's miserable performance (mid pack in points allowed).

Opposing OPINIONS tend to upset DWC.

What is the hamper?
    Ask FF2 to show you around

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    =============================================

Please stick to the hamper where you have some value as a poster, rather then trolling DWC please.
    So your saying I have value?

All League
    So your saying I have value?
    ================================================== =

Absolutely, I enjoy reading your comments in the Hampur, and poli forum.

What total horsecrap. The whole premise of your thread is based on the fact that you see the Jets going 5-1 in the division. No way the Jets go 5-1 and I'd be surprised they do better than 3-3.

Why do you even waste your and everyone else's time with your bs prediction. You're terrible at it. Don't even come close. Remember prediction in 2010 how in '11 Brady is done, Welker may not even play for the season, and the best the Pats could expect to do was 9-7 and lose the division to the up and coming Jets?

LMFAO Statz...Read it and weep.....

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    During the offseason, I predicted the Jets would have a top 5 Defense under Rex Ryan; I was correct.

During the offseason, I predicted the Jets would have a top 5 rushing attack; I was correct.

During the offseason, I predicted that Percy Harvin was the most explosive Offensive college talent heading into the draft; He actually ended up earning the NFC Offensive Rookie of the Year award.

This Offseason? I'm predicting the Jets to win the AFC East while the Patriots don't even come close to making the playoffs. Patriots finish no better than 7-9 next season. No talent in the backfield, Wes Welker could be gone for the entire season, no LB talent, that Secondary is pretty damn horrid and overall... The Patriots are no longer feared. Remember that Ravens playoff game? @ Home, in NE? Remember that game? Did you see what an above average team such as the Ravens did to the Patriots? They smashed that Patriots team on the road.Get ready for more of that... The decline has just begun.

Tom Brady? He'll never be the same. His playoff winning ways are now over and done with. Get Ready Jet fans; The Patriots are on the verge of becoming that team that no one around the League even cares enough to talk about anymore (Just like it's always been). The Dolphins have always and will always be the #1 Rivals of the Jets. The Patriots? No big deal anymore.

Seriously dude, you no zero about the game of football.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 07-14-2012 at 05:55 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    What total horsecrap. The whole premise of your thread is based on the fact that you see the Jets going 5-1 in the division. No way the Jets go 5-1 and I'd be surprised they do better than 3-3.
    ==================================================

It's Yastrzemski.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ==================================================

It's Yastrzemski.
    Tell that to my dead uncle.