Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A look at the Jets upcoming schedule (outside of the AFC East).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post

Week 2: @ Pittsburgh: 12-4 Loss
    Week 4: vs 49ers: 13-3 Win
    Week 5: vs Texans: 10-6 Loss
    Week 6: vs Colts: 2-14 Win
    Week 10: @ Seattle: 7-9 Win
    Week 11: @ St.Louis: 2-14 Win
    Week 13: vs Cardinals: 8-8 Win
    Week 14: @ Jacksonville: 5-11 Win
    Week 15: @ Titans: 9-7 Loss
    Week 16: vs Chargers: 8-8 Win
    I think looking at this schedule realistically I could conservatively say that the Jets could finish 6-4 against teams not in their division. There is obviously room for 1-2 more wins in that prediction as well. If we split with the Bills and Pats and sweep the Dolphins we would finish with a 10-6 record. The problem with that is the Bills and Patriots play the same weak schedule. So if we want to win a division we're going to have to most likely go 5-1 in the division and 7-3 outside of the division. Which is entirely possible as long as our team comes together offensively like we all believe they can.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    What total horsecrap. The whole premise of your thread is based on the fact that you see the Jets going 5-1 in the division. No way the Jets go 5-1 and I'd be surprised they do better than 3-3.
    What, you can't take Jet fans, on a Jets message board, being excited and believing in our team during the up coming season? Well, then, go circle jerk your Patriots on a New England message board. You circle jerk NE 24/7 here on JetsInsider to begin with.

We've gone 3-4 against NE under Sanchez and Ryan (including a road playoff win in Foxboro). I have every right to feel we can split 1-1 with NE this up coming season. And as a fan of a team that's been to two AFC Championship Games during a 3 year span, under a head coach who's yet to have a losing season with 3 consecutive seasons of top 5 defenses... I have every right to believe we can sweep Buffalo for the 3rd consecutive season (When's the last time Buffalo made the playoffs)? I also have every right to feel that this Jets team can sweep the Dolphins.

Don't sit here and tell me that I can't believe in a potential 5-1 AFC East record. This is by far, the strongest/most talented Jets team we've ever featured under coach Ryan.

Banned
    Week 2: @ Pittsburgh: Loss.
    Week 4: vs 49ers: Loss.
    Week 5: vs Texans: Win.
    Week 6: vs Colts: Win.
    Week 10: @ Seattle: Win.
    Week 11: @ St.Louis: Win.
    Week 13: vs Cardinals: Win.
    Week 14: @ Jacksonville: Win.
    Week 15: @ Titans: Win.
    Week 16: vs Chargers: Loss.

I believe we can also beat SD as we did last year, especially with SD losing their #1 WR in Vincent Jackson. I also feel we can beat the 49ers with home field advantage, but to be objective, I'll take loses to both SD and San Fran. The games that I have as potential wins, are games that we all know the Jets can win.

All Pro
    Tell that to my dead uncle.

================================================== ====

With all due respect to your dead Uncle, why would I talk to a dead man?

I'm just giving you **** for being a dick, carry on Yaz.

Banned
    Why do you even waste your and everyone else's time with your bs prediction. You're terrible at it. Don't even come close. Remember prediction in 2010 how in '11 Brady is done, Welker may not even play for the season, and the best the Pats could expect to do was 9-7 and lose the division to the up and coming Jets?

LMFAO Statz...Read it and weep.....

Seriously dude, you no zero about the game of football.
    A prediction is an opinion, not a statement of fact. Just like I'm sure your prediction was that the Patriots would beat the Giants the last 2 times they played them in the Super Bowl. So now every opinion or prediction you have going forward should be disregarded as idiotic and a waste of time b/c you apparently know nothing about football. Which might be the case any way. And this is a Jets forum, not a sh*tty Tom Brady d*ck sucking marathon you call a Pats forum, so begone already.

To go 5-1 in the east is very optimistic for either the pats or the jets.

The away game in Miami comes at the heels of playing away at Pitt, The 2nd road game after a big game is always tuff. Miami will also be looking to play will against their old coach, and lately they seem to match up well with the jets.

The 49ers game is their 2nd of back to back rd games and with them traveling west to east that always seems to help the east coast team

No such advantage against the Texans, as there is an extra day for them to travel for this Monday night game.

Colts game should be a lock, with a rookie qb going against Revis and Cro.

Miami has the by week before playing the jets making that game a little harder.

Playing in Seattle is always tuff.

The Rams should be a gimme, but the 4 o-clock away game takes a bit away against the pats on Thursday night.

Home in December against a dome team the Cards, will be a win

At the jags should be ok for another W

The titans will be the 2nd of back to backs making that a little more tuff

Chargers going east should make it work for the jets

Jets at Bills seems to be a toss up at this point, will the bills be playing for draft position or the playoffs is the question.

my guess is 10-6, 4-2 in the div, with losses to Pitt, Seattle, 9ers and Texans

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    A prediction is an opinion, not a statement of fact. Just like I'm sure your prediction was that the Patriots would beat the Giants the last 2 times they played them in the Super Bowl. So now every opinion or prediction you have going forward should be disregarded as idiotic and a waste of time b/c you apparently know nothing about football. Which might be the case any way. And this is a Jets forum, not a sh*tty Tom Brady d*ck sucking marathon you call a Pats forum, so begone already.
    The funny this is, I never even predicted that the Jets wold go "5-1" within the AFC East. This is all I stated, and I find it pretty sad that a Patriots fan, on a Jets fan site, wouldn't consider this a "prediction" when it's nothing more than discussing football/the up coming season.

"The key for us making the playoffs (or possibly competing for the AFC East) is to hold our own inside of our division. A 5-1 AFC East record would be ideal".

That is far from a "prediction". I simply made it known that A.) Competing in our own division is the key to making the playoffs and/or competing for the division and B.) A 5-1 AFC East record would give us a strong chance of doing just that.

To be fair, you said idea...

Hall Of Fame
    The funny this is, I never even predicted that the Jets wold go "5-1" within the AFC East. This is all I stated, and I find it pretty sad that a Patriots fan, on a Jets fan site, wouldn't consider this a "prediction" when it's nothing more than discussing football/the up coming season.

"The key for us making the playoffs (or possibly competing for the AFC East) is to hold our own inside of our division. A 5-1 AFC East record would be ideal".

That is far from a "prediction". I simply made it known that A.) Competing in our own division is the key to making the playoffs and/or competing for the division and B.) A 5-1 AFC East record would give us a strong chance of doing just that.

Well, not for nothing.....you should of just said that going 16-0 is a key to making the playoffs as well. Obviously going 5-1 in the division helps in making the playoffs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Well, not for nothing.....you should of just said that going 16-0 is a key to making the playoffs as well. Obviously going 5-1 in the division helps in making the playoffs.
    Yeah, right, as if splitting with the Patriots and sweeping both the Bills and Dolphins would be the same as going "16-0"...

The schedule starts out tough but the middle of the schedule has some very winnable games.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    The schedule starts out tough but the middle of the schedule has some very winnable games.
    That's what I noticed with first glance as well. The early season schedule packs the biggest/strongest punch. The bang for the buck.

We have a 1:00 Sunday home opener. It really doesn't get much better than this. I like the overall outlook of this situation. Can we lose this game? Any given Sunday. But with this game, also comes a chance to gain a little momentum with an AFC victory against a divisional opponent. A chance to go 1-0 inside of both the AFC as well as the AFC East.

Then we're heading to Pittsburgh with hopefully a 1-0 record. This game has all the makings of a defensive slug fest. It also has the potential to show the league where both offenses stand moving forward. The Steelers offense vs the Jets defense along with the Jets offense vs the Steelers defense. Which offense will have it's way against which defense? The season is a short season, only 16 regular season games, just stretched out over a period of time. Some may argue "this isn't a playoff type of game" just to become 'politically correct'. But when looking ahead and/or at the entire picture? This game could end up having lots of playoff implications heading into the final two weeks of the regular season. No one knows who will win this game, that's why they play the games. All I know is this, with me being a Jets fan dating back to my childhood days, I'm anxious to see this game take play come week two. I've looked forward to watching how this team would respond in regards to our 2010 AFC Championship Game defeat. Now we have that chance to play for revenge. Let's see what happens.

I also like the fact of not having to face the Patriots during the first couple of weeks, which always seems like week two. Some will say, that's the best time to play NE, is during these first couple of weeks. Which could very well be true, but I also like the thought of starting off the season with lots of early season confidence.

If I were to predict anything moving forward? I'd predict a 1-1 start to the season. The we travel to Miami to face the Dolphins. Hopefully we're at 2-0, but regardless, we have a chance to improve to 2-0 starting off the season, and as long as we took care of Buffalo, no worse than a 2-1 record heading into our 49ers matchup. This Miami game then becomes a key game in regards to making a little early season noise.

Now this is where the Jets really have an actual chance of gaining more than just confidence, we have a chance to gain lots of momentum over the next three weeks. All 3 are home games. Hopefully we're at 3-0 but I'll settle for 2-1 (especially if we're 2-0 within our own division). Who knows what our record will be, but I just hope we're healthy heading into this 3 game home stretch against the 49ers, Texans and Colts. Get past the 49ers? And I'll be enjoying the overall looks of this. The 49ers, as the Steelers, are games that I (currently) consider toss up games against some of the NFL's very best defensive units. The Steelers, Jets and 49ers.

49ers, Texans and Colts. After the San Fran and Texan games? Outside of the AFC East we're left with vs the Colts, @ Seattle and St.Louis, vs Arizona, vs the Jaguars, @ the Titans and the Chargers game in New York come week 16 could hold plenty of playoff implication. Circle this matchup on the calendar. But after week 5 (Texans), outside of two games against NE, we'll have 8 very winnable games and a possible (Chargers). Buffalo, Miami, Seahawks, Colts, Rams, Cars, Jaguars and Titans. If the Jets aren't considered as early season favorites (as of right now) when compared to these teams starting with the Colts and ending with the Titans.... Please explain, with full insight, explaining why.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-14-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Win the games you shouldn't lose. That's the key to challenging the Pats for the division.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Win the games you shouldn't lose. That's the key to challenging the Pats for the division.
    My point exactly. All goes back to that "prediction" of that 5-1 AFC Record, when in reality, that's logical information in regards to the Jets having a chance to compete for the AFC East division. Key word being chance ASG. As you've statet, win the games that you're expected to win.

Bills (x2), Dolphins (x2), Colts, Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Jaguars and Titans. I'm currently counting 10 games where the Jets are considered to be early offseason favorites moving forward.

I see the 3 games with the Steelers and Patriots (x2) where the Jets will be considered the overall underdogs.

In closing, I currently see three games in which could be considered as toss up/evenly matched teams in regards to the 49ers, Texans and Chargers. Thankfully for the Jets, each of those 3 opponents are home games.

To sit here and say that the Jets, as a team and coaching staff, have no chance of either going A.) 5-1 within the division and/or B.) Competing with the likes of New England for the division and/or splitting a season series 1-1 is a complete joke. It's what you consider posting with a serious agenda against our team. It's nothing more than Jet bashing while circle jerking the Patriots at the same time. Especially considering the fact that we've gone 3-4 against NE since Sanchez and Ryan arrived, split during the 2009 and 2010 seasons, beat Belitchick, Brady and the Patriots during an elimination playoff game victory over NE on the road in Foxboro etc, etc).

We're currently on the verge of featuring the strongest team that we've ever had under coach Ryan. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. We're heading into our 4th season with Ryan as head coach. Look at this defense for crying out loud, how blind can some football fans be? Why did we bring in coach Ryan? Because he's not only been born into a football crazed family, but he's also been known as one of the greatest defensive minds since storming onto the Baltimore Ravens scene. Outside of Dick Lebeau, he's the strongest defensive coach in Football. He came to the Jets because of his defensive ability as a defensive coordinator. Since then, the Jets have only landed two AFC Championship Game appearances during a three year span (first time in franchise history) with 3 consecutive seasons of top 5 defenses (first time i franchise history). We're just now getting built/formed/created/started.

Look at this Rex Ryan led defense! Outside of Revis, Pace and Harris; This is what you consider a Rex Ryan put together defense. Pouha is included into this conversation. He's transformed into a top NT under coach Ryan, he's anchored 3 different defensive lines with 3 consecutive seasons of top 5 defense. We've drafted top rated DE's in Wilkerson and Coples. This is a Rex Ryan led defensive line. We've added speed at the LB position. We're Re-Vamped our entire defensive front. We now have two physical, aggressive, love to make hard contact types of Safety's in Bell and Landry. They'll look to roam the secondary and/or play the middle of the field with our CB's in man coverage. The list goes on and on. We've complimented Revis with some of the strongest CB talent around in former All-Pro and Defensive (backfield) Player of the Year in Antonio Cromartie. And because of this, we're now featuring the strongest trio of CB's thanks to a 1st round draft selection in Kyle Wilson. But yet, fans such as Jordy find ways to complain. He's continued to state that Wilson shouldn't be a nickle back and/or should start over the likes of Cromartie, all because he's a "first round draft selection". That to me, shows no knowledge of our head coaches coaching philosophy. We all know Ryan loves defensive backs and defensive lineman. He'll do what it takes to stock the shelf with top notch talent. I wouldn't be shocked to see Tanny and Rex take a CB during the 2nd round f next years draft (just figure of speech) or at least find a way to land another 1st round talent at the CB position. With the NFL becoming a pass happy league, I wouldn't put it past coach Ryan to land us a 1st round talent (Dime) to play alongside Revis, Cromartie and Wilson for many of years to come. If our dime back struggles this season? He'll correct it moving forward. What have we always said in regards t coach Ryan? He loves his defensive backs. Name 3 other teams with 3 fist round CB's. You can't.

This defense, that our front office has created over the past 4 seasons? It's a splitting image of Rex himself. Some fans seem to think that finishing #1 back in 2009 instantly became the 'finished project'. That, was only a sign of things to come. This defense we've formed dating back to 2009? It's about to become reality.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-14-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Banned
    For you Patriot fans (yeah, I'm talking to the likes of ASG, FF2, Vinny and Tex), who've not only forgotten where their franchise has came from (down below) but also act as if the Jets aren't serious contenders due to an 8-8 (shortened (off) season (where our offense struggled while our defense still ranked as a top 5 defensive unit for the 3rd consecutive season) etc, etc. You know what I'll continue to say? I'll take the old cliche of Defense Wins Championships, and I'll continue to take this old cliche of defensive wins championships, while continuing to shove it up your ass with each and every post, until they understand that NE has a laughing stock defense who just lost two of it's top pass rushers. 50% of last years sacks, gone, right out of the window.

Defense Wins Championships. When's the last time Belichick won a championship? 2004? 8 years ago? Do they remember the likes of defensive championship winning players such as Teddy Bruschi? Ted Johnson? Mike Vrabel? Ty Law? Lawer Milloy? Richard Seymour? Terrell Buckley? Willie McGinest? Roman Phifer? What about Asante Samuel? "Ras I-Dowling". Please. It's funny(rather sad) how quickly you've forgotten (ASG) about these great defensive players. Lets face it, you don't ever talk about these former defensive players. Never. You've forgotten (ASG). You talk about everything else, but you don't mention defense anymore. You know better. Yeah, that's right ASG, it's in your post count. I read you like a book (on a daily basis too). You harp all over predictions of others (Gates vs Gronk) without being man enough to express your own offseason thoughts/feelings heading into this up coming season. You harp all over the Jets offensive side of the ball (Mainly our Quarterback) because you know not to cross that line. Don't cross that line of involving our defense. You refuse to mention our defense 95.99 percent of the time. You know better. You stay in your "safe lane".

You know what's funny? They'll piss all over Sanchez, but karma comes around 10x stronger my friend. You have 5 years of Brady (at the very most). Then it's onto looking for a replacement. Buffalo hasn't replaced Kelly since 1996. Miami hasn't replaced Dan Marino since 1999. Doug Flutie and AJ Feeley were the closest they've came to franchise quarterbacks. I'll say the Jets are just fine n regards to Sanchez. Don't act like it'll be easy to replace Brady either, because it won't. Don't act as if NE knew what they had in Brady either, that goes for before or even after the drafting of Brady. It took a Jet LB to injuring Drew Bledsoe, in order for BRADY to show New England that they've had a future Hall of Fame Quarterback sitting on the bench, who they passed up 6 times during the draft. Just wait until it's NE's time to search for a quarterback with Bill Belichick either retiring or working on a (potentially) bad defense. Lets see what type of poster you then become, you little know it all. Watch how funny it is, as Jet fans harp over the fact that your new quarterback in struggling to replace Brady and/or failed to land consecutive AFC Championship games ala Mark Sanchez therefore he "sucks".

Now take that old cliche of 'Defense Wins Championships', and shove it up your New England Patriot trolling ass. Last but not least, don't forget where you've came from (as a so called fan). Teddy Bruschi. Teddy Bruschi, Ted Johnson, Mike Vrabel, Ty Law, Lawer Milloy, Richard Seymour, Terrell Buckley, Willie McGinest, Roman Phifer, and Asante Samuel laugh at the types of NE fans who've already forgotten that defense wins championships. Those are the worse types of "fans". Boasting because of Brady, please.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-14-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Now take that old cleshay of 'Defense Wins Championships', and shove it up your New England Patriot trolling ass.

Cleshay? Really?? You're a freakin' moron.

And the Jets will finish third in the division. Book it.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 07-14-2012 at 10:33 PM.

For you Patriot fans (yeah, I'm talking to the likes of ASG, FF2, Vinny and Tex), who've not only forgotten where their franchise has came from (down below) but also act as if the Jets aren't serious contenders due to an 8-8 (shortened (off) season (where our offense struggled while our defense still ranked as a top 5 defensive unit for the 3rd consecutive season) etc, etc. You know what I'll continue to say? I'll take the old cleshay of Defense Wins Championships, and I'll continue to take this old cleshay of defensive wins championships, while continuing to shove it up your ass with each and every post, until they understand that NE has a laughing stock defense who just lost two of it's top pass rushers. 50% of last years sacks, gone, right out of the window.

Defense Wins Championships. When's the last time Belichick won a championship? 2004? 8 years ago? You remember the likes of defensive championship players such as Teddy Bruschi? Ted Johnson? Mike Vrabel? Ty Law? Lawer Milloy? Richard Seymour? Terrell Buckley? Willie McGinest? Roman Phifer? What about Asante Samuel? "Ras I-Dowling". Please. It's funny(rather sad) how quickly you've forgotten about these great defensive players. Lets face it, you don't ever talk about these players. Never. You've forgotten. You talk about everything else, but you don't mention defense anymore. You know better. Yeah, that's right ASG, it's in your post count. I read you like a book (on a daily basis too). You harp all over predictions of others (Gates vs Gronk) without being man enough to express your own offseason thoughts/feelings heading into this up coming season. You harp all over the Jets offensive side of the ball (Mainly our Quarterback) because you know better not to cross that line. Don't cross that line of involving the defense. You don't even mention out defense 95.99 percent of the time. You know better. You stay in your "safe lane". You know what's funny? You piss all over Sanchez, but karma comes around 10x stronger my friend. You have 5 years of Brady (at the very most). Then it's onto looking for a replacement. Buffalo hasn't replaced Kelly since 1996. Miami hasn't replaced Dan Marino since 1999. Doug Flutie and AJ Feeley were the closest they've came to franchise quarterbacks. I'll say the Jets are just fine n regards to Sanchez. Don't act like it'll be easy to replace Brady either, because it won't. Don't act as if NE knew what they had in Brady either, that goes for before or even after the drafting of Brady. It took a Jet LB to injuring Drew Bledsoe, in order for BRADY to show New England that they've had a future Hall of Fame Quarterback sitting on the bench, who they passed up 6 times during the draft. Just wait until it's NE's time to search for a quarterback with Bill Belichick either retiring or working on a (potentially) bad defense. Lets see what type of poster you then become, you little know it all. Watch how funny it is, as Jet fans harp over the fact that your new quarterback in struggling to replace Brady and/or failed to land consecutive AFC Championship games ala Mark Sanchez therefore he "sucks".

Now take that old cleshay of 'Defense Wins Championships', and shove it up your New England Patriot trolling ass. Last but not least, don't forget where you've came from (as a so called fan). Teddy Bruschi. Teddy Bruschi, Ted Johnson, Mike Vrabel, Ty Law, Lawer Milloy, Richard Seymour, Terrell Buckley, Willie McGinest, Roman Phifer, and Asante Samuel laugh at the types of NE fans who've already forgotten that defense wins championships. Those are the worse types of "fans". Boasting because of Brady, please.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. This is what you posted two off seasons ago where you predicted the Jets would overtake the Pats in the division and the Pats would miss the playoffs. Face it Phil, you don't know squat. Tone down the hyperbole because you're sounding like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post

This Offseason? I'm predicting the Jets to win the AFC East while the Patriots don't even come close to making the playoffs. Patriots finish no better than 7-9 next season. No talent in the backfield, Wes Welker could be gone for the entire season, no LB talent, that Secondary is pretty damn horrid and overall... The Patriots are no longer feared. Remember that Ravens playoff game? @ Home, in NE? Remember that game? Did you see what an above average team such as the Ravens did to the Patriots? They smashed that Patriots team on the road.Get ready for more of that... The decline has just begun.

Tom Brady? He'll never be the same. His playoff winning ways are now over and done with. Get Ready Jet fans; The Patriots are on the verge of becoming that team that no one around the League even cares enough to talk about anymore (Just like it's always been). The Dolphins have always and will always be the #1 Rivals of the Jets. The Patriots? No big deal anymore.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 07-14-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    My point exactly.

You could have ended it there. The rest of your last two posts are nothing but vitriolic nonsense.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-14-2012 at 11:00 PM.